Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477976 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1470 on: February 02, 2008, 11:59:18 AM »
It's already been established that Bowser's weak point is his tail. Being flipped on his back is also a weakness, but that mainly stems from being a turtle.

« Reply #1471 on: February 02, 2008, 09:09:42 PM »
And I think that Bowser may really be the clumsy idiot we see him as in the RPGS. When he goes to kidnap the princess or when Mario shows up to rescue the princess, he puts on the viscious tyrant act.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

« Reply #1472 on: February 02, 2008, 09:14:28 PM »
And I think that Bowser may really be the clumsy idiot we see him as in the RPGS. When he goes to kidnap the princess or when Mario shows up to rescue the princess, he puts on the viscious tyrant act.

Actually, I can remember some other times where he met with Mario and acted like a clumsy idiot. For example, in SM64, when you first fight him in the Dark World, he blatantly tells you his weakpoint is to grab him by the tail and throw him into a bomb. How moronic is that?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #1473 on: February 03, 2008, 04:31:39 PM »
Reverse psychology. He obviously thought Mario would try to kill him in other ways, than the one he just mentioned.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1474 on: February 03, 2008, 06:03:53 PM »
Bowser's always fairly bumbling in the RPGs (and usually in the ones that let you play as him).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #1475 on: February 06, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »
Because he's not trying to kidnap the princess, although in Paper Mario he kidnaps the princess, he looks like a bimbling idiot after he's got Peach and taken care of Mario.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1476 on: February 07, 2008, 11:28:08 PM »
In the arcade version of Donkey Kong Jr., the opening depicts Mario and a lookalike lifting Donkey Kong (who would later become Cranky Kong) into a cage. The most logical explanation for this is that the lookalike is, in fact, Luigi, marking this as his first, albeit unnamed, appearance. The lookalike makes no further appearance throughout the remainder of the game.

I found this quote in the Mario Wiki.  All I can say is, Pics or it didn't happen.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1477 on: February 07, 2008, 11:29:25 PM »
Uhh what, you never played Donkey Kong Jr.? It's actually another Mario sprite so who knows.
That was a joke.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1478 on: February 07, 2008, 11:48:08 PM »
Uhh what, you never played Donkey Kong Jr.? It's actually another Mario sprite so who knows.
I've played it on eReader, but not the original arcade version
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1479 on: February 08, 2008, 01:56:06 AM »
It's also Mario's first appearance flying a helicopter.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #1480 on: February 08, 2008, 07:02:59 AM »
act?
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #1481 on: February 09, 2008, 10:19:20 AM »
Hey, I was wondering something a couple days ago...

If the Comet Observatory can be used to rocket Mario to Levels, then why don't they just rocket him to specific points in the levels, like directly to the stars? Case in point: the Bowser stages. Why do they place him at the beginning of an obstacle course? Can't they just rocket him directly to Bowser? And I know it is possible for the observatory to rocket him to specific points in a galaxy, such as the fast-foe star on that beach level In that star, rather then place Mario on the usual starting point on the beach, they just take him to the stone structure in the sky with the thwomps and toy boxes.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #1482 on: February 09, 2008, 11:20:31 AM »
maybe there is a glitch or cheat that lets you do that!
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

« Reply #1483 on: February 09, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
maybe there is a glitch or cheat that lets you do that!

I highly doubt that. Besides, it would be too easy if they directly took you to stars (no challenge would be involved). I was wondering why making Mario through the levels make sense in the context of the story.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1484 on: February 09, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »
I noticed the third and fourth players on the SMA versions of Mario Bros.  I know they're just recolors to portray players three and four, but in Mariology, has anyone ever wondered who those two guys are?  I noticed that the blue one looks kind of like Luigi from the anime movie, but with the shirt and overalls colors swapped
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print