Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226207 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #525 on: December 28, 2008, 08:01:42 AM »
I had a dream I was in an environment similar to Peach's castle from SM64.  There were goombas overrunning the place!  Then, I saw Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends around the corner and followed him.  Then all the goombas turned into Bloo, and so I had to jump on them all.  I had only jumped on the first one before the dream ended.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #526 on: December 28, 2008, 08:29:29 AM »
I already told my dream but, did you watch the Foster movie Destination Imagination? I think that was the most recent airing of the series. Maybe somehow you thought about that when you were asleep? I don't know. I do remember a scary dream a had a few years ago about Peach. It went like this; In Super Mario 64 in Bowser's Dark world, when you enter the pipe, you expect to see Bowser thumping about, right?
No. Peach was there instead. She looked all blocky and stuff and her eyes were glowing red. So then she drifts (or hovers, not walks) towards Mario and pushes him off the edge of the stage/battle arena. That was it. I was terrified for days.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #527 on: December 28, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »
Now this is more like it.

At 5 in the morning, the blaring wind woke me up. I was sort of half-frightened, like that dull remnant of the "FEAR OF THE DARK" we all had as children. After a few minutes, though, I fell back asleep. And I dreamed.

I was in an unfamiliar building. The school Christian club that I'm in was apparently meeting here. The "leader" I shall call J was telling us about an event that occured at this building earlier, and I was sort of watching it as well. A group of people had broken into the building (through a bold, but not very dark blue entrance) and stolen a flash drive that contained some important data. I don't recall anything else about that meeting.

After that meeting, I went to what seemed to be a rather open video game store, and a friend I shall call P was there also. The store had a fabric, tent-like roof (no walls), rows of tables on which games were placed, and an inactive fireplace in the top-left corner that had a teal-and-lime green color scheme. There were stands of various video game characters on the fireplace, one of which was Elise (aha). This reminded me of Sonic 2006, and I was going to tell P about how I got the game, but I didn't get the chance to for some reason.

I exited the store. Apparently, this was all taking place in a city that strongly resembled Soleanna (chalk two up). I was sitting at a table with some people who may have been my friends or family, and observing some docks with sailboats. That area was on the right side of the city (when viewed from the ocean). I said "Is that supposed to be the 'front' of the city?" One of the people with me said something like "No, I think this is." We were sitting close to the ocean (the city's actual layout looked only remotely similar to how it is in the game). I said "Well, this is an uninteresting front. They should have the docks out here, facing the ocean..." and then I launched into a rant about how they could improve the city's layout that I can't remember most of.

Seemingly the next day, I went to another meeting of that club. I pulled an elementary-style desk over to a group of them and sat down (in the actual thing, we use round tables). A guy who I'm not sure was an actual club member or not pulled up a chair and sat at the same desk as me. I was about to inform him about my personal space when J suddenly walked in and accused him of having the stolen flash drive. He was seemingly in cahoots with those people who stole it earlier. I don't know what that information was, but at that moment, the wind woke me up again. Except this time, it was a reasonable time to get up.

This was actually a pretty unusual dream for me, since it had a (sensical) coherent plot all the way through. It doesn't really count, though, since these are only the parts I remember enough to describe; there was much more in there, and I distinctly remember being Spongebob at one point. O_o

Funny since, due to a party, I didn't play Sonic 2006 at all yesterday. :P

I apologize for the relative lack of color in this one. It's so much easier to think of font tags when I'm using my fingers, not my arm, to type, and can see more than 2 tiny lines at once.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 02:54:10 PM by Reading »
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #528 on: December 28, 2008, 06:58:51 PM »
Hmmmm...I'm not sure what your dream could mean Reading. I think dreams have a way of telling us things. My dreams often show something that hasn't happened yet...sometimes. One time, I had a dream about the cartoon Ed, Edd n' Eddy. I know every E.E.E. episode by heart but the one I was dreaming about was different. It was a fast, vague dream, but I remember the Eds near a seesaw and it went into the air. That was it.

Later that night (7 or 8PM) I watched a new episode of Ed, Edd n' Eddy. It was the one when Ed was cranky. Then Ed snaps and goes on a rampage  through the park and guess what? Up goes the seesaw! Now, I think to myself "wait a minute...didn't I see this episode before?" but the
episode says "NEW!". So I guess I had a dream about the future. 
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

« Reply #529 on: December 28, 2008, 07:33:20 PM »
That sounds like what I have: ESP. Look it up, I've linked it here more than twice.

« Reply #530 on: December 28, 2008, 09:28:37 PM »
No. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESP . See the link for more information. ESP stands for Extra Sensory Perception.

Yeah, I went there and read some of it. It's pretty interesting stuff. Another scary dream I had was about Bowser in Super Mario 64, but he was huge! I mean really, huge. He was as tall as Peach's castle. All I remember is being Mario and having to duck and hide all over the place (outside Peach's castle).That's all I can remember. I had this dream somewhere back in 2001. My dream could have been telling me that I would see a colossal sized Bowser in the future, like Giga Bowser or SMS Bowser. I don't know. I guess it came true too.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #531 on: December 29, 2008, 10:57:55 AM »
I had fallen asleep listening to my MP3 player. In the dream, I had a song open in Firefox and was really enjoying it. Suddenly, I accidentally hit a link on the page, and scrambled to hit the stop button so the song wouldn't stop. Then I realized that the song wouldn't stop, because it was actually on my real-life MP3 player. To prove this to myself, I dropped a nuclear bomb and blew the computer up, and the music was still playing.

Also, at some point I killed two ducks with brightly colored bills (one pink, one green) in a castle tower, and claimed it was okay because it was for science.

Incidentally, I'm also writing on the Wii right now. My Vista forgot what CD drives are, and apparently the only way to fix it is for the Geek Squad to drive it to their secret headquarters and wipe everything out.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #532 on: December 29, 2008, 11:51:48 AM »
My Vista tried to load the MMO I play, it was blind to the OCX file that lets it load. Sitting in the same folder as the MMO.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #533 on: December 29, 2008, 03:17:06 PM »
Here we go again.

I was outside some gray brick building in a vehicle, perhaps inspired by Shadow's story in Sonic 2006. There were thick, tall bushes all around the fringe of that building, and BEARS were coming out of it. I was just cooly ramming them with my vehicle and eliminating them.

Once I had them all, I got out and went to a group of my friende that included one I will call D (I couldn't tell who any of the others were, although his girlfriend E might have been). We were all walking down the street, which was starting to look sort of like a carnival. Then, it stayed in the same place, but I was playing Sonic Chronicles. They were about to enter the Twilight Cage. When they did, it showed a cutscene that resembled something from Sonic 2006 rather than the comic-style cutscenes that game uses. Sonic and everyone were in a dark, city place and Sonic was sort of looking around.

Perhaps my dream was spawned from my disappointment over how Sonic Chronicles was a rather lightweight adventure, instead of the deeper, darker game they made it sound like while it was in production. I mean, come on. They even took out the part where Amy calls Rouge a tramp!
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #534 on: December 29, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »
I mean, come on. They even took out the part where Amy calls Rouge a tramp!

Wow....that's not like Amy to call people names like that. I mean, sure she has a wild temper but she has standards. So I can see why they took that word out of the game. Reading, you do know that this is your second dream relating to Sonic, right? Maybe you're playing Sonic games too much? Or maybe not. It's just a guess. I just remembered the dream I had today and guess what everybody? It was about Sonic! I felt like I was actually Sonic, and I/Sonic was riding a mach bike like the ones from Mario Kart wii, but it felt like a combination of this stage from Sonic 2006
  and this race track from Mario Kart Wii except it was more paler looking than this.  I/Sonic was riding the mach bike on a  very bumpy  stage similar  to the pics above and was performing tricks and every time I landed, I would go faster and faster until everything went black....I (as Sonic) ended up in a pitch black room and then two bright white squares popped out of nowhere and I stepped on one, trying to get to the other platform, then the second white square vanished and I was falling but somehow I sprouted a parachute out of my back and made it to the other platform...then, someone caught me. And that's the way my dream ended. It was kind of a cool dream. Maybe it means that we'll see Sonic riding a mach bike in the near future...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 04:53:09 PM by FlamingBlueMardio »

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #535 on: December 29, 2008, 06:54:55 PM »
...but why would Sonic ride a mach bike?! He's faster when he's not on it! That's the same issue I had with Shadow and his motorcycles....
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #536 on: December 29, 2008, 08:16:51 PM »
...but why would Sonic ride a mach bike?! He's faster when he's not on it! That's the same issue I had with Shadow and his motorcycles....

Shadow rode motorcycles?! Interesting...I didn't know that. Anyway, I don't know why Sonic was riding a mach bike. I still question why SEGA put Sonic on a jet-powered surfboard instead of on foot. He is the world's fastest blue hedgehog and he doesn't need any vehicles slowing him down.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #537 on: December 30, 2008, 12:44:07 AM »
Two nights ago, when my flu was at its worst, I had some gnarly hallucinations/fever dreams. Every time I closed my eyes, I was convinced various inanimate objects were communicating with each other and had distinct personalities. The tissue box on my bed was a cruel drill instructor, constantly screaming at my cup of water, whose name was Mr. Linda. Every time I opened my eyes everything was normal, and the dream picked up exactly where it left off the second I closed my eyes again. Whenever I drank from the cup, Mr. Linda became weaker and was unable to do his tasks, eventually passing out/dying when emptied.

At some point later that night, I dreamed I walked outside and saw a glowing rope leading up to the sky. When I tugged on it, it came loose, and eventually a dead body came flying down to the ground, attached to the rope. Apparently I yanked him loose.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #538 on: December 30, 2008, 01:47:40 AM »
Sickness dreams are always really strange. Maybe it's because you're half asleep anyway.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #539 on: December 30, 2008, 08:11:21 AM »
I definately hear ya there.

I don't normally remember my dreams, and that which I do remember is disjointed, but a particular image from the night before last's dream has stuck in my head: Flying farms! Among other things, I saw a silo, a barn, and a few assorted farmhouses levitating by propeller in the near distance. I thought to myself something along the lines of, "Well, that's pretty efficient! You save space on the ground and can move the whole thing when the land goes bad."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print