Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226207 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #555 on: January 03, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
Last night I dreamed that the geography around my area inexplicable changed. Everything was larger and all the beaches suddenly had grass all over them, making them look less like beaches and more like grassy plateaus. They also looked like a lot of fun to run around on. I blame this dream on watching videos of SM64 texture hacks last night.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #556 on: January 03, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »
There was a Japanese hotel where each room was actually four rooms, with no walls in between them (somewhat reminiscent of a dream I had a while ago where there was a bathroom with two rows of toilets hundreds of feet long; they had stall walls between them, but they were short enough and the toilets were elevated enough that they didn't really do anything). I went to my quadrant, which morphed into the dorm room I was in last semester, empty. The desk had a rod which some clothes were hanging off; apparently they had been my clothes a long time ago. Amongst them I found a very small pair of underwear (briefs, blue) which were supposed to have been mine from many years ago. I put them on. That's all I remember.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #557 on: January 03, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »

I intended to post about my dream when I woke up, but now I have forgotten the aspect that made it funny, which was specifically who the girl was that TEM and I interviewed in the cafe.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #558 on: January 05, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »
I can't remember much about the last dream I had, but I do remember a guy sitting at the desk in my room, and when I turned my head, he was spontaneously replaced with a girl. And within a short period of time, apparently three people in my extended family had gotten married and one had died. And I remember a gray room with water around the edges and video game-esque platforms attached to the walls.

And the dream before that, I was chasing a train. Inside a building.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #559 on: January 05, 2009, 04:30:29 PM »
I intended to post about my dream when I woke up, but now I have forgotten the aspect that made it funny, which was specifically who the girl was that TEM and I interviewed in the cafe.

Think about all the dreams you've ever had in your life that you can remember, this will cause you to remember other dreams and hopefully the one you just had will crop up.

« Reply #560 on: January 07, 2009, 05:54:40 AM »
bobman37, my brother, and I went to a Taylor Swift concert at the Willamette Parkview Mall where an amp fire lit a gas tank and blew up the stage.

What the EFF?

« Reply #561 on: January 07, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »
What the heck? How did you know what bobman looked like?

« Reply #562 on: January 07, 2009, 07:33:36 PM »
I haven't posted here in a while because I didn't have any dreams until now, so here's my new, wacko dream: I was at a map select screen, similar to a Mario Party board and selected to enter Luigi's mansion, when I got inside, it was dark and eerie with yellow lit candles everywhere and I was no longer Luigi, I was myself when someone or something grabs me by both hands and pulls me from hall to hall in a rather fast pace and I enter a room where I expect something really frightening to happen, but nothing happens. Then, everything turns bright, I mean daylight bright. Then a girl who looks to be my age grabs me by the hand and pulls me into another room, almost like she wanted to speak to me in private. She had blackish-blue hair and blue eyes and said to me "I wanna be the girl with the green eyes". It sounded like she was complaining. Then, I said something to her and she walked down a hallway into another room. Now, keep in mind that we're still inside Luigi's mansion, but it's very bright and sunny, completely normal daytime atmosphere. Then I said something to her again and she said, kinda in a quiet tone "I'm not marrying you..." That's when I woke up. This is by far one the most weirdest dreams I've ever had. It could mean Nintendo will make a Luigi's Mansion 2 for Wii, or a 'New Play Control Luigi's Mansion' or I'll someday befriend a girl with blackish-blue hair...I don't know. Like I've said before, I have some pretty vivid dreams, and this one was very visible to see.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

CrossEyed7

« Reply #563 on: January 08, 2009, 07:50:15 AM »
I was buying lots of stuff with my college ID card, including a $76 box that was apparently made by Sega (while buying the box, I temporarily became Tim Taylor). Then I had to lend my mom a book I had used for a math class a while ago, and had written all over. There was probably more.

Then I had another dream. There were three parts going on simultaneously, and I don't remember when they switched back and forth, so I'll just do them one at a time:

I dreamed I had gotten Chrono Trigger DS and several other games off of Amazon. The cover of Chrono Trigger, which for some reason I was calling Third Love, had gotten bent, so I decided to take it out and rip it up. I was holding one piece of the cover and looking at it while walking around. I saw a sticker on it that was a note from the seller, saying that the drum controller it was supposed to come with should be in the box. It wasn't, so I made a note to leave some negative feedback or something. I peeled off the sticker and saw some screenshots of the mode where you would use the drum controller, to fight 3D Goombas. Another screenshot was a video of a giant mechanized Mario walking through a post-apocalyptic city with the Master Sword, and he ran into Sonic. Then Mario became a Hyper Sonic that was either made out of stone or metal. Then that became a kangaroo in Mechagodzilla garb, and I was facing it. The game was called "Get the Kangaroo Wet." The mechakangaroo pushed me through the city, to the left side where there was a beach. There was no water there, but it was all a big set that we were pretending was real. The kangaroo's mecha armor temporarily disappeared, and I started pushing it back to the right, but when we got all the way to the other side of the city, there wasn't another beach, just a wall. I realized that I was apparently supposed to throw it into the water when we were at the beach. So I did that. The dog who was running the game laughed. The dog was based on some fictional character, but I can't remember who. It may have been the older brother in The Perfect Score. I realized that the little piece of the Chrono Trigger cover was in the kangaroo's mouth. As I went to get it back, with the dog laughing in the background, the kangaroo became a small whale and the shred of the Chrono Trigger cover became the whole The World Ends With You cover, and I had no idea how that had gotten into his mouth. I asked the dog futilely if he knew how to get the kangawhale's mouth open, and then just went in there myself, finally pulling out a bent and slobbery cover. I lamented it for a while, but then I realized that it wasn't the cover, it was just the My Nintendo registration thing for it (which it doesn't actually have).

Also, I was part of a group of people, which seemed to include Dave Coulier and John Stamos, who were being led, often by one of my college professors, named Buzo, through a basement and doing some stuff that involved paint. There was some kind of test where we were supposed to spray different colors of paint on a big piece of paper that was standing up in front of us. Dave Coulier wasn't too sure of himself, but John Stamos reassured him. Then I tried it, in another room, and then realized I did it wrong. I kind of got separated from the group, and ended up going to the floor above my floor in the dorm, where there were 3-inch tall cardboard cutouts of naked men scattered around the floor. There was a tiny little car with tiny little people in it that fell down and landed upside down, trapping the tiny people, right around the time that I thought about leaving negative feedback for the guy that left out the Chrono Trigger drums. I went back down to my floor, where either Buzo or John Stamos was asleep in the chair.

The third concurrent line, and the one I woke up on, involved a hypothetical Wii version of Master of Illusion. Unlike the DS game, where you use the DS to perform magic tricks in real life, this was kind of an RPG where you played as a new inductee in magician school. There were many different tricks, most of them pretty large-scale stuff, and your character could do them all right away, but the point was that for all of them you saw how they were actually done. A fat guy turned off the lights and tried to make a joke about Maxwell Smart in the future, but the person he was trying to set the joke up with was a receptionist who was behind a big metal curtain and probably wasn't there anymore, so he just quickly delivered his punchline and cut his losses. This trick had something to do with a Barbie and a Ken being in a to-scale motorhome, and the audience only being able to see their silhouettes. At first they were Minnie and Donald (and Donald was a mouse), but they became Barbie and Ken pretty soon. Both of them had long hair. I was outside the motorhome, and wasn't sure if I was really supposed to be there, but I was pretending to be a monster outside their motorhome and trying to scare them. They didn't really react, being dolls, but assistants kept moving them around and talking for them. I was wearing these glasses. I was actually starting to scare myself a bit, especially when I saw that the dolls (which had somehow unnoticeably become my size) had glowing eyes. I think this is where I woke up.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 09:47:05 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #564 on: January 08, 2009, 11:48:35 AM »
I dreamed that my aunt and uncle had built a new, gigantic house in North Carolina with about 5 floors and tons and tons of carpeted staircases, and a couple of rooms that duplicated those found in my Grandma's house. Where one of the doors was supposed to be, however, was a plastic curtain with a bunch of poorly drawn famous video game characters. I started to identify them and they became highlighted with their names below them. Something went wrong, and the drawings started to pop out of their dimension and into ours, and the curtain disappeared into some kind of smoky tree area. Some sort of cataclysm was happening, and Cloud Strife was explaining what was going on.
I was walking up the stairs of a giant cathedral place with some people I only knew in the dream. I got to the top area and ducked behind a short wall because someone was talking on a cell phone. It turned out to be someone I know from college, but she left. I think she was an enemy spy or something. After that, I turned around and discovered that there was a bookstore here on the top floor. One of the guys who ran the bookstore commented on how great it was to live up there because it kept you in shape. The books were $2 but when they were getting ready to close they put them down to $1. They also had some anime VHS for $4 each. I told my mom that if she was looking for books about Dissidia, she was in the right place. The whole back section of the store was filled with books on some old concept that apparently Square had appropriated in order to make Dissidia. There were hundreds of books entitled things like "The Dissidies". There was also a very large Modern Library book from the 50s entitled "How to Create Sound for Video Games".
That was a joke.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #565 on: January 09, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »
I had another weird dream about eating at a restaurant in Florida, after a hard day of pheasant hunting in a completely different state.  Although, no cartoon characters showed up in this one. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #566 on: January 09, 2009, 08:49:54 PM »
The dreams that are interesting are waaay too long and drawn out (sum it up to the interesting parts, people, this isn't your blog) and the boring dreams are appropriate length.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #567 on: January 09, 2009, 10:39:18 PM »
The dreams that are interesting are waaay too long and drawn out
Tell that to my subconscious. (assuming that I'm one of the interesting ones)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #568 on: January 09, 2009, 11:31:49 PM »
(sum it up to the interesting parts, people, this isn't your blog)
Tell that to yourself. CrossEyed, not TEM.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #569 on: January 10, 2009, 12:52:59 AM »
How am I supposed to know what parts other people are going to find interesting? This topic isn't anyone's blog, but it also isn't written for any one person.

Print