Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226200 times)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #675 on: February 09, 2009, 01:44:37 PM »
...Physics. 'Cause after all, guns don't kill people, PHYSICS KILLS PEOPLE!!
What's your problem, Cambodian?

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2009, 08:07:30 AM »
We had gotten our cat reanimated for some reason. And for some other reason, there was another smaller one who looked like him. The smaller one could jump really far and had black claws. I saw him jumping at me while I was in a chair, and it hurt, in a whimsical way, when I pushed him out of the air gently. We put Muppet Christmas Carol in the DVD player, even though it wasn't Christmas, because we hadn't watched it in a while. On the menu screen, some kind of 5-star rating system had been implemented, and the movie had gotten three stars from our family. There was a place on the screen you could go to see what each member of the family voted on it, although you couldn't see their names. We had been rotating between Muppet Christmas Carol, The Muppet Movie, and Great Muppet Caper as the family movie night movie for a while now, and I decided we were probably getting sick of it.

My mom told my sister that she should make sure never to put the two cats together, because they would misbehave. I envisioned a vertical Risk board of just South America, with one cat going to Chile and the other going to Guyana. Then the Risk board was on the table, with a vertical-length sink on the side of it. I thought to myself how much more convenient that was than that one odd version of the game with a horizontal board, where the sink had to go in front of it and you had to reach over the sink to get to it.

I started playing on that horizontal board, which covered the whole world, moving all three guys. There were a heck of a lot of territories, especially considering it was late at night and there was no way I was going to finish in time. To play, you rolled this one big pewter die. The sides on the die were a soldier, a horse, a cannon, a soldier with Poland over his head (Poland was supposed to represent any territory), and two more I can't recall. There were so many territories on the board that in Australia, most of them had abbreviated named like "e me" (for "east meridian") or just "S." (not sure; I would have had to look in the rulebook). I realized after a while that I hadn't actually been paying attention to the die rolls at all. But it really didn't matter, because I was just passing time until my mom got done putting my younger siblings to bed.

I saw one of the reanimated cats jumping at me and I freeze-framed and drew a yellow mustache on him in MS Paint. I also became Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Sixth Day, decrying the overuse of animal-resurrection techniques to shield children from death.

I was trying to get my mom to watch Space Mutiny (MST3K comment was mysteriously absent), but it was a very different movie. I gradually realized that I already knew that the whole thing was a thinly-veiled Take That against Reagan, made in 1984. In this odd version, the Santa Claus captain was a bad guy, part of the Republica party, a blatant reference that Tom Servo picked up on without even being there. There was a group of rebels called Demo-somethings, who wore all blue. A racial message was added, since Republicans are supposedly racist. Someone had a slave. He was black, and his name was Simon. He died in some bad way. A guy, apparently some kind of mayor (on the futuristic space ship), gave a speech, in a bit of a drawling Southern voice, about how Simon died an honorable death and we needed ten thousand more men like him. I remembered that the first time I watched this, I almost liked the mayor guy up until that line.

In the background, the new version of Grandma Daughter, who was now about 18 and actually looked like it, and was also kind of Marty McFly, was talking with her friends, and starting to question the idea of segregation. One of her friends was named Pam and had braces. She had some lines that I found rather amusing at the time. I thought to myself that it's always the characters that don't have to advance the plot who get to be the funniest. To prove this point to myself, I looked at a scene from Back to the Future where Marty was running across a runway. In a bit of an homage to that one part of the Lucky Star opening, everything would go black, then fade back in quickly, and there's be more people. One of the people on the runway was a fat guy in a flesh colored shirt. I pointed out his "bouncening bosoms" to anyone who was listening.

tl;dr: Cats came back to life as I, Arnold Schwarzenegger, was playing Risk and thinking about watching Space Mutiny, which was different.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2009, 02:33:11 PM »
...Physics. 'Cause after all, guns don't kill people, PHYSICS KILLS PEOPLE!!

People makes guns!!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #678 on: February 19, 2009, 04:17:50 PM »
That word is "physics", not "people".
That was a joke.

« Reply #679 on: February 19, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »
I knew I should have said

Simple machines make guns!!

ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #680 on: February 19, 2009, 05:38:46 PM »
Guns make bullets!

Chew on that for a bit.
every

CrossEyed7

« Reply #681 on: February 19, 2009, 05:41:38 PM »
People make people.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #682 on: February 19, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »
Guns make bullets!

Chew on that for a bit.
My dad makes bullets!

« Reply #683 on: February 23, 2009, 07:35:45 PM »
Grammar, and the fact that I'm not some pervert who dreams about his teacher without any cloths on and then brags about it.
You make it seem like a bad thing. And btw...

God created everything!!

There.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #684 on: February 23, 2009, 11:16:23 PM »
It was March 9th, and just like I had planned in real life, I was doing a block of all Mario-related songs on my radio show (because it's the day before MAR10). I had walked over to an academic building on campus barefoot, carrying my MP3 player, which had its FM tuner set to the station. I was listening to my show and possibly controlling it remotely. I realized too late that I had put two versions of Almost Unreal almost back to back in the playlist, but it was too late to fix it. It was raining hard, and I knew I probably shouldn't have been wearing the earphones, but I thought I needed to. Then there was lightning and the station wasn't being picked up anymore, so I decided it was time to put the MP3 player away before I got electrocuted. I went inside. I was afraid to walk back to my dorm because it was so rainy and windy and I was still barefoot and in shorts for some reason. I wandered through the building, which had become a tire shop. I saw one place that was sort of like a movie theater where they were selling minivans that played movies from the giant cans of film. As someone bought one, the salesman offhandedly mentioned that they were working on coming out with ones that show 3D film.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #685 on: February 24, 2009, 06:19:06 PM »
I had a dream that I bought a Pokemon Silver remake for the Wii. It was in 3D, with Wind Waker graphics.

...it was actually kinda cool.

What was really creepy was that every so often, a trainer would have the face of a Mii from your Plaza. That was kinda weird.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:22:44 PM by Captain Jim »
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #686 on: February 24, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »
I have a terrifying day-mare that the next Zelda game will have a boss that is a giant version of your Mii called "Yuu".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #687 on: February 24, 2009, 07:54:15 PM »
Did you get that from a certain game by the name of "Bob's Game"?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #688 on: February 24, 2009, 10:50:00 PM »
No, but I'd just like to take this time to say that guy is nuts.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #689 on: February 25, 2009, 07:11:18 PM »
That reminds me: I am convinced that the next Nintendo console is going to be called the Wuu (WOO!) and the people you can create will be called Yuu's.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print