Print

Author Topic: Where Nintendo's genetics went wrong.  (Read 13998 times)

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 07:03:48 PM »
Insects and other invertebrates, fish, and amphibians don't lay bird/reptile eggs.

Random Anime Quote:
"I have split ends?"--Zelgadis. Slayer Next episode 6.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 07:05:18 PM »
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?  The egg.  Dinosaurs.

Birdo may be more related to Yoshi than any bird, but evidence supports that modern birds may be evolutionary decendants of dinosaurs.

Also the door that you enter after beating Birdo has a bird head.  Maybe Birdo stole the eggs from the bird in the doorway?  Or, maybe Birdo is a flightless ancestor of Yoshi?

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 07:47:01 PM »
Maybe Birdo has a beak where that big hole in her head is that shoots eggs is.  you know, her mouth.  But to get the eggs to fit out when she shoots them, she has to take her beak off.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 09:26:30 PM »
It seems to me Yoshi and Birdo mgiht have a common ancestor, though yeah terapods are the dinosaurs that might have evolved into birds.

Random Anime Quote:
"I have split ends?"--Zelgadis. Slayer Next episode 6.

Edited by - Latias Dita on 5/11/2005 8:27:39 PM

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2005, 04:46:33 PM »
 It's funny, since the Stork delivers parents their baby (as the story goes)(yes I know what really happens) maybe Yoshi was destined to be Mario and Luigi's parents.

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 05:12:37 PM »
Dinosaurs did not evolve into birds. So what if there are birds with teeth and claws. That doesn't mean anything.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2005, 08:55:29 PM »
Ummmm.....Pteradactyll anyone?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 10:39:38 AM »
Pteradons and the like were NOT dinosaurs. They were reptiles, but they were not actually dinosaurs.

However, that doesn't eman dinosaurs evolved into birds. For one thing, only a few species of dinosaurs probably evolved into birds, not all of them. They were probably small bipedal dinosaurs like raptors. There is evidence that rpators had feathers. These smaller feathered dinosaurs, over millions of years of natural selection would have become lighter. Their feathers would changed funtion from just insulation and display to help them to first glide, then achieve flight. There's no absolute proof that birds evolved form dinosaurs, but there's evidence in their bone structure and evidence of feathers, I'd be very surprised if birds didn't evolve from dinosaurs.

Random Manga Quote:
"You''re in love with her, but you''re too scared to deal with it...So you walk around like you got a permanet chip on your shoulder?"--Kensuke Yura. Girl Got Game volume 8 chapter 1.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 11:35:45 AM »
After all, our very lives depend on whether these creatures that we aren't sure existed back in prehistory are related to birds today!  You say they're dino-related, you say they're not, I say, "do you think an apatosaurus could smash down a building with it's head?"  Plus there's that whole dinosaur race of triceratons on that other planet... but I don't think anyone knows what I'm talking about.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 05:46:28 PM »
Would you care to elaborate, Sir Markio?

If a tree falls in the woods, do all the others laugh at it?
BOOM is for BOOMSTIX!

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 05:37:47 AM »
Well the truth is that, Bowser is their father!

Come on, you knew somebody had to pull the ol "Luke I am your father!" joke, on this one.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 08:59:08 AM »
>Plus there's that whole dinosaur race of triceratons on that other planet...

Sauria? Is that what you're referring to?

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2005, 11:42:28 AM »
Are we crossing over to the StarFox-verse now?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 03:56:06 PM »
I have found the answer.....

It's all in your head. Mainly because you took the red pill instead of the blue pill.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 05:06:57 PM »
I don't think Sauria is the name of the planet they live on, but it's from the TMNT.

Pure being is getting hit in the face by a kickball.

Print