Print

Author Topic: Where Nintendo's genetics went wrong.  (Read 14002 times)

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2005, 09:13:36 PM »
Here, read this.

You probably won't believe it, but there's scientifically no way a dinosaur could change into a bird.

Please note: I am not trying to make anybody mad or anything. Just saying what I believe.

------------------------

"Nintendo is not an or company. With games devoted just to this group or that group. We`re an and company.

Games for this group and that group. And for groups that don`t even call themselves gamers yet." -Reggie Fils-Aime

Edited by - goodie on 5/24/2005 8:16:36 PM

576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2005, 09:22:18 PM »
I don't believe in evolution, and don't even find theistic evolution convincing. Read Darwin on Trial by Phillip Johnson (?) to find out why I don't.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »
I'm not saying he's wrong, but I can't base my scientific understanding solely on Creation Science Evangelism.  To me Christian Science is neither Christion nor Scientific.  Science is a process that looks at all the evidence and attempts to figure out what may  have happened from that evidence.  Many creationist look at problems with preconceived notions.  I am a Christian and scientist, but don't think the two disagree in principle because they start from different places.  Religions try to answer the question "why?", while science usually ask "how?".  The article you posted references "Search for the Truth", where what is "Truth" is already decided and the data is selected/made to fit that "truth".  That is not a good way to do science.

Edited by - Luigison on 5/24/2005 8:47:51 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2005, 04:32:02 PM »
BABIES DON'T COME FROM STORKS!

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2005, 05:08:24 PM »
Someone has a case of caplock disease I see...

If, in the Mario world, human babies are brought by the stork, then that's how it is, no matter how illogicla that is.

Random Anime Quote:
" They''ve drawn us awful carelessly."--Osaru (I think), Jubei-Chan episode 5.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2005, 08:49:19 PM »
If you're talking to me, Luigison, the book I mentioned is based on scientific reasoning, though I think the author is still a Christian.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2005, 05:18:06 PM »
"The article you posted references "Search for the Truth", where what is "Truth" is already decided and the data is selected/made to fit that "truth". That is not a good way to do science."

I see what you're saying. But most evolutionists do the same: they are totally convinced that evolution is true, and they try to make the evidence fit their theory. Though their not always honest. (In fact, some of their evidences have been proven to be hoaxes.)
I better stop before I go on a big rant. :P

------------------------
"Nintendo is not an or company. With games devoted just to this group or that group. We`re an and company.
Games for this group and that group. And for groups that don`t even call themselves gamers yet." -Reggie Fils-Aime
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2005, 09:07:53 PM »
I agree with you goodie.  Anybody can believe something so strongly that they are blinded by it.  That's why it sometimes take scientist and anyone for that matter to ascept giant leap in paradigms.

The supposed dino/bird fossil that was presented in China made worldwide news, but after a lot scienctists examined it they all came to the conlusion that the villager had faked it.  Strangly enough the fake was a splice of several fossil and one of them was later found to be part of a dinosaur that actually had bird like features.

I am generally a skeptic, but try to keep an open mind.

Back on topic.  Sort-of.  I still think the Revolution controller may use a type of touch screen like found in some car navigation systems that have force feed back button that you can actually feel on the screen.  This makes since to me because Nintendo said the best way to think of the Rev controller is to imagine one that would work for all their other controllers, but they also said once that the Revolution contorller would not have a screen.  I could be way of base, but maybe the "screen" is actually a film that is wrapped around the controller.  Regardless I am very interested in seeing how Nintendo's console controllers have evolved.  I just hope they grow like weeds and take over the fertile gaming market, because Nintendo's extinction would be devastating.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2005, 10:45:10 PM »
I have to admit, I'm one of thoes evoltuionists. And I usually try to keep an open mind about these things.

Random Anime Quote:
" They''ve drawn us awful carelessly."--Osaru (I think), Jubei-Chan episode 5.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2005, 12:59:36 PM »
 The question I'm wondering is, where was the stork suppose to deliver mario and luigi?

Ok, this is a little off subject, but how do you post flash animations? I've learned the basics on animations, but I need to know how to post it online.

I''m back!
   (the other luigifan)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2005, 01:37:34 PM »

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2005, 02:42:18 PM »
 It sounds a little complicated, but I'll get the hang of it..

I''m back!
   (the other luigifan)

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2005, 06:59:21 PM »
I think the stork was going the same place it was at the end of the game.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2005, 11:00:09 PM »
LATE POST:

Evolution within species is one thing, and evolution from one species to another is something else. It has also been disproven, if I remember correctly.
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2005, 11:32:35 PM »
It's hard to disprove a negative.  Anyway it depends on what you mean by species.  People with Downs Syndrome have a different number of chromosomes.  Most changes in species are negative and don't get carried on, but occasionally a deformity could be an advantage.  Pandas for example do not have opposable thumbs, but a deformed finger serves the same purpose.

Sorry not to let you have the last post, but evolution is generally considered proven by scientists.  Many laypersons consider it "just" a theory, but theories are not something scientists make up at a late night party.  They spend a lot of time researching and testing different explanations.  I'm not saying we came from monkeys.   That's absurd and no scientist believes it, but we are related to the other hominoids and share well over 90% of our DNA with most of them.

Opinions in this post are solely that of Luigison.  Facts, on the other hand, are facts.

Edit:  Sorry for my arrogance.  I never thought of it this way:  "Simply because they cannot be proven wrong, does not make them right." - Scott Berkun

Edited by - Luigison on 5/29/2005 9:27:16 AM

Print