Print

Author Topic: Hurricane Katrina  (Read 5826 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 10:10:04 PM »
The more I hear about gas the more I don't want a car.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005, 01:22:34 AM »
Who really cares unless you have the money to pay for your gas (or insurance also if requested).
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 09:20:49 AM »
A family from Louisiana is staying at our church. Their house was completely destroyed.
You feel so helpless when all this is happening one state over and there's almost nothing you can do about it.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Edited by - Screech on 9/3/2005 8:21:15 AM
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2005, 04:47:26 PM »
Nature can be so cruel.  Let's have a moment of silence for those who lost their lives in Katrina, and those who are suffering in New Orleans......

Edited by - The Blue Toad on 9/3/2005 3:48:10 PM
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 05:07:51 PM »
I didn't want a car to begin with.  I don't want to learn to drive ... except maybe how to drive a vespa or those carts custodians drive, like in Austin Powers.  Other than that, I'd want to walk or ride a bike everywhere.

Gah, I shouldn't change the subject here.  *takes another moment of silence* ..........

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2005, 05:40:27 PM »
My immediate family in Mississip doesn't have water, phone, gas, or electricity, but at least they are alive, mostly well, and have a roof over their heads.  They lost a van, barn, a whole lot of trees, some carpet, roofing, etc.  I haven't heard from/about my  other relatives or friends yet.

Gas is a commodity like gold.  I'm not referring to its price, but how it's processed/bought at a fairly low price then sold at higher prices when the market goes up.  This way the oil/gas companies can increase their profits with the appearance a shortage.  BTW, my father works for a oil processing and shipping company so higher oil prices mean his job is more secure, but that the gas he buys costs more.

I bought gas here in Santa Maria, Ca the orhte day for $2.99.  My dad said it was $2.50 in Laurel, MS when it could be found.  He jokingly asked me to hijack a gas truck and drive it there.  BTW, gas is not just in demand for cars and trucks, but it is also used for chainsaws, boat motors, generators, etc.

Because I lived for nearly three decades in Mississippi, I have been glued to the TV all week.  I've lived in Biloxi, D'Iberville, Ellisville, Hattiesburg, and Laurel.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2005, 06:33:53 PM »
I also wish to give a moment of silence, not only to those who lived through all this, but to those who lost their lives. I also wish to give my regards to the many who are still in need of being saved....

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2005, 05:40:09 PM »
Hi.  What's up?

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2005, 07:48:31 PM »
YAY! I AM SO HAPPY! OH YOU MADE MY DAY!

Johnny thought he was a chemist, but dosen''t any more,
What he thought was H2O was H2SO4!
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2005, 07:51:53 PM »
Is that all you have to say?! Or am I deceived by some trick?

"He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep for the sake of what he can never lose."
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2005, 08:30:08 PM »
His power was out for a few days.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2005, 02:36:20 AM »
Plus Eclipsed Moon is not the kind of guy to be fazed by a mere hurricane destroying his area. Or at least he is the kind of guy to joke about it.

I bte yuo cna rdae tihs by lkooign at it.

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2005, 10:32:47 AM »
I'm the kind of guy that goes nuts during the 5-day period I don't have electricity, but am soothed by the return of air conditioning, and having internet makes everything better.

It wasn't too bad here.  There were some bad tree falls, some of which did land on houses, but it's not like we had floods and everything got destroyed and stuff.

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005, 12:42:32 PM »
Ah, If only we could create instant teleportation for all...

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print