Poll

What's your favorite MAJOR female in the Mario series?

Peach
44 (43.1%)
Daisy
28 (27.5%)
Toadette
9 (8.8%)
Dixie
8 (7.8%)
Birdo
13 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Female?  (Read 16078 times)

« on: January 10, 2006, 05:23:33 PM »
So which ones is your favorites? I'll add any that I missed. Just tell me. I voted for Peach and Toadette.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 05:36:11 PM »
Peach, of course.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 05:40:38 PM »
Daisy and Birdo, mainly because I detest Toadette and Peach, and I don't like Dixie that much.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 05:41:35 PM »
How can you detest them??

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 05:43:56 PM »
It means they failed to meet the standards required to take the test.

I voted for Daisy.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 07:45:07 PM »
Peach.
Alas! I have returned. (3/22/07)

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 07:46:47 PM »
None of them, they are all kind of annoying. XD

I voted for Peach since she is not that bad.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 07:51:06 PM »
Would this question apply to only the females that make consistent appearences, or can we also vote on others that aren't in every game?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 07:58:08 PM »
I voted Peach & Birdo because they're the least annoying.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 08:19:56 PM »
Would this question apply to only the females that make consistent appearences, or can we also vote on others that aren't in every game?

Sure, who do you want?

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 08:21:38 PM »
Daisy rules! She's so much stronger then Peach (no offence to Peach fans out there) and she knows how to take care of herself. She's only been caught once, right? The only thing that's bad? "Hi I'm Daisy! Hi I'm Daisy!"
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 08:34:56 PM »
I like when she says that, for some odd reason.  I find it less annoying than in MG:TT when you listen to Peach's off-key, nasal-voice rendition on the beginning of the Mario theme.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 08:39:04 PM »
That was cool though.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 08:52:00 PM »
Peach and Birdo. Here's why:

Dixie is a horrible batter in Mario Baseball, and everytime I play with her I feel like chucking the controller at the screen.

Daisy makes the weird dolphin-like sound in Mario Power Tennis that just creeps me out. *Shudders*

Toadette...well...Peach and Birdo are just cooler.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 08:56:50 PM »
Peach the most, for her voice in SSBM, she just rocked, and Daisy is second.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »
Toadette is so adorable during her final scene.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2006, 10:12:12 PM »
At first I thought this was going to be a poll for Favorite Female Fungi Forum member, and was going to mention that I was a member of the now disbanded Sapphira Fan Club.  Now that I know better I said it anyway.

I could have simply voted for Peach, but since I've been playing SPP I will now very enthusiastically vote PEACH!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2006, 10:21:44 PM »
I chose Peach because of her personality.

If I could choose any, I would pick Vivian, because she reminds me of myself sometimes.

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2006, 10:22:59 PM »
At first I thought this was going to be a poll for Favorite Female Fungi Forum member, and was going to mention that I was a member of the now disbanded Sapphira Fan Club.  Now that I know better I said it anyway.

I could have simply voted for Peach, but since I've been playing SPP I will now very enthusiastically vote PEACH!
Sorry for the DP, but what's SPP?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 10:24:49 PM »
Super Princess Peach.

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 10:26:56 PM »
At first I thought this was going to be a poll for Favorite Female Fungi Forum member.
That's exactly what I thought at first too! (That kind o f tempts me to make one ........)
I'm a horrible person.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »
Meh...but think of the forumer who would be in last place in that poll. Wouldn't make them feel very good.

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2006, 10:29:44 PM »
Yeah, but still every girl should be voted for at least once, so that wouldn't be too bad.
I'm a horrible person.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 02:39:59 PM »
Maybe there could be a poll on the best female Mario Kart kart! Wait, the karts (not the characters) do have genders, right?

I think Bowser's is a girl because he's quite the ladies' man.
every

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 02:41:43 PM »
Oh, no...
Most Wishy-Washy

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 03:24:44 PM »
I thought the same thing as Luigison when I first saw this. I voted for Birdo and Peach. Peach only because you kind of have to, and Birdo because of the sweet bow.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 03:28:47 PM »
I've even changed my avatar to my favorite female Mario character. ;D
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 05:56:59 PM »
i love peach and toadette. i don't know why. todette's a darling little thing and it made me so sad to see her run away cry8ing after you got the ultra hammer in PMTTYD :( peach is one that you cant help loving :)
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 09:16:43 PM »
I chose because Peach because... er... yeah... I chose Peach. 

BUT if there were more options, I would piiick.... Vivian or Goombella.  Why?  Goombella is smart and has gotta little SPUNK in 'er!!  *Clears throat*  Yeah.  And Vivian is just all.... mysterious and like.... woahhh.... where are her eyes?  Ooooooh.... Ya know?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 09:19:13 PM by The Blue Toad »
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2006, 10:24:26 PM »
i think goombella has got it all and i like vivian's attacks. she's like so cute. i wouldnt mind looking like her if i was a shadow siren
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2006, 10:32:47 AM »
*BLAAAARGHF!* Sorry.
every

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2006, 01:09:41 PM »
Ok. Here goes.

Peach annoys me. When she was "Princess Toadstool," she was actually capable of doing cool things (see SMRPG, SMB2). Now, she's essentially useless, except as a foil to an overused plotline (ZOGM Bowser/[insert other random force here] captured the princess and we have to find her now [wtd]). Really. Maybe Super Princess Peach will fix this. Maybe.

Toadette, to me, seems like a way to appease the NO[wh]W. I don't know. I always figured (before the character was introduced) that the sex of Toads was indistinguishable to non-residents of the Mushroom Kingdom, kinda like Yoshies.

Dixie, to me, doesn't count as a "Mario" character, per se. I don't know. Her jumping prowess was always a plus for me, especially since I never beat either of the game she was in.

Thus, we are left with Daisy and Birdo. Daisy, many because after SML she seems to me to be the polar opposite of Peach. Since I don't like Peach's personality at all, this is a major plus. Then again. a lot people people think Daisy's personality is annoying.

Birdo is... Birdo, really. Nothing much I can add to this.

But ya, where's the Paper Mario characters?
~I.S.~

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2006, 04:42:37 PM »
The Paper Mario Characters aren't major. I mean Major Major. Sorry if it troubles you. If I could delete this topic, I would start a new one with more choices.

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2006, 10:14:37 PM »
Eehee, that'd be a funny character- maybe a Koopa named Major Major? XD

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2006, 10:14:26 AM »
Birdo sounds like a cow when she uses mushrooms in Mario Kart: Double Dash.
Toadette's high-pitched voice annoys the heck out of me.
Dixie...you mean from Donkey Kong?  She's cool, but she's not really a true Mario character.
I picked Peach and Daisy because they're humans...and Peach has an awesome voice in SSBM.  Daisy is just better-looking.

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2006, 09:07:19 AM »
I like Dixie Kong the best becuase she can actually defend herself.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2006, 10:56:56 AM »
I don't know.  I didn't mind Daisy on MKDD (I liked her better than Peach on that game.  Peach's poshy "ah-hah!" annoyed me)  But I don't like Daisy on MKDS.  I don't mind Peach but it's just annoying on SMSu because anyone who has played SSBM (which came out BEFORE SMS) knows that she can fend for herself.  Yet here she is abducted by Shadow Mario, and what does she do?  Scream for help, when she could've just as easily beaten the crap out of that framing Koopaling!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2006, 06:26:39 PM »
When you said Dixie, I thought you meant Diddy's companion in DKC2. I liked that Dixie... for like a few months before I realized "wait, I hate monkeys!"

I'd say Birdo is my favorite female because of her appearance in Wario's Woods and especially on the box cover of N64 Mario Tennis where Yoshi and Birdo are together. I know there was a Mushroom Kingdom mailbag a long time ago that hinted that there must be something going on between the two. However, I hate Birdo's voice.
You didn't say wot wot.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2006, 12:24:44 PM »
Favourite female?

It's not wrote here, but I vote for.....

............BOWSER!!!!!!!!!!! =D =D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2006, 04:53:33 PM »
I shouldn't bother asking, but how on Earth do you see Bowser as female?
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2006, 05:46:24 PM »
BOWSER AS A FEMALE!?!?! Lord *gets a hold of myself*, she must be thinking of his daughter.

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2006, 11:11:57 PM »
I used to think Bowser was a female until I saw Bowser's name as a 'he'. That ruined my theory. XD

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2006, 11:16:25 PM »
Why would a female giant spiky firebreathing turtle kidnap a princess? Not good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2006, 11:27:20 PM »
Maybe it's a Snow White type thing, but Nintendo didn't want death in their games...

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2006, 09:43:39 AM »
Maybe it's a Snow White type thing, but Nintendo didn't want death in their games...

He, he...It's impossible that a so big and strong king dragoon always loose with a little italian plumber....

Or maybe italians are the BEST of all over the world, this can be the explanation!!!
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »
Why would a female giant spiky firebreathing turtle kidnap a princess? Not good.

Er... methinks that sorta technically DID happen! Remember the hybrid Bowser/Cackletta being Boweletta from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga? "She" apparently did kidnap the princess, although for a totally different reason than what would the stand-alone Bowser always does for...
Heh...

Anyway, about my own choice for favoured Super Mario feminines, I could honestly say I have absolutely NO favouritism in females of the Super Marioverse! Why? 'Cause I love them ALL, even the freaky, old ones, like either Kammy Koopa, or Cackletta!

Although, when it comes to my sexual mood, I'd prefer either Peach... or Birdo...

Y'know? You could've added villians like Wendy O. Koopa in the list, as well as other Kongs like Candy and Tiny...
I also like to vote seeing the female party members from the Paper Mario series.
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2006, 12:56:54 PM »
I voted for Daisy, and secondly for Peach. They're both awesome.

Daisy..she's ginger, she girlpower..She's just the nicest:)
Close the World, Open the Next
-Serial Experiments, LAIN-

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2006, 08:43:46 PM »
Although, when it comes to my sexual mood, I'd prefer either Peach... or Birdo...

Woah dude, too much info. I don't think I even want to know how Birdo fits in there...
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2006, 07:24:48 PM »
I vote Birdo first and Daisy second. If I were to pick a third, it'd be Peach.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2006, 10:46:57 AM »
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've got to give a shout-out to my favorite female character in the Mario universe:  Captain Syrup! 

She rules.  I've got a soft spot for her because:

A.  She's a forgotten villain, and I love all the forgotten villains.  (i.e. Wart, Tatanga, the Koopalings, Wario, Smithy, DK, Cackletta, Rudy and Capt. Syrup.  They're a veritable Council of Forgotten Doom!)

B.  She's in one of my favorite game series.  Big ups to Wario Land 1 and 2!

C.  A hot female villain that's also a pirate?  [edit] yeah!

So, in short, even though we'll most likely never see Captain Syrup in a game again (though hopefully she'll get a trophy in Smash Bros. Brawl) she is my favorite Mario chick. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 01:06:37 PM by Sapphira »
Haters gonna hate

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2006, 11:14:48 AM »
i had a crush on peach when i was little.

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2006, 12:30:21 PM »
Dixie all the way.Birdo close in second.

Peach and Daisy are EXTREMELY annoying IMO.
"A winner is you"

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2006, 01:05:09 PM »
I like Peach in SSBM and the Paper Mario games, though otherwise, yes, she does get a little annoying.
And I personally think that we need to know more about Daisy, other than the fact that she has a tom-boyish attitude and rules over Sarasaland.  :-/
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2006, 01:39:47 PM »
Yeah, and I wanna know whether or not she has... feelings for Luigi.  I'm a bit of a Luigi/Daisy fan.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2006, 01:43:29 PM »
yeah, alot of people talk about daisy being like "marios peach"
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2006, 04:21:42 PM »
I voted for Daisy and Dixie. Daisy because she's less of a ditz than Peach(although I hate the fact that she's only a filler character) and Dixie because she's a monkey and she had a very big role.

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2006, 06:30:05 PM »
does this have anything to with se... i'm not even going to go there.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2006, 08:23:14 AM »
Just vote for the female Mario character you think is the best.

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2006, 09:27:37 AM »
i did i voted for Daisy.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2006, 08:49:56 PM »
I vote Peach!She's the reason for 5 of Mario's7 adventures.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2006, 11:25:31 AM »
peach is the greatest! that's why mario bothers to rescue her.

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2006, 03:03:24 PM »

The reason they rescue her is because Peach is the only friggin' damsel in the Mushroom Kingdom who seems to be kidnap-proned. -___-; Seriously. Daisy is ten times cooler. I'm not big on any of the females really - Waluigi is my favorite Mario character, for sure - but Daisy's got it goin' for her, apparently. Both Luigi and Waluigi are pretty much constantly drooling over her! Now really, people, that's gotta count for somethin'. Besides, she's not defenseless and annoying. ... Alright, so not as annoying.

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2006, 04:59:31 PM »

Or it maybe they save Peach because she is THE PRINCESS of THEIR KINGDOM. And it's their duty to save her, even if they don't like it.

I have a question though...why does everyone vote for Daisy. Was she in a major game that I missed?

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2006, 06:11:26 PM »
Psh Every one knows birdo pwns those stupid princes's XD But really birdo is cool

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2006, 09:56:48 AM »
hey i still think peach is hot.

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2006, 10:39:13 AM »
Hmmm, I didn't realize I never actually voted for anyone, so here goes.

Dixie Kong FTW, because she's just awesome. Although I agree with Cranky's statement in DKC2, she is super cheap to use. Peach, because she's a classic.

Print