Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1709588 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3285 on: September 20, 2007, 10:01:54 PM »
While we're on the topic of "politics", there's something I'd like to point out:

http://www.commondreams.org/news2007/0920-07.htm

I'm sure all of you know this already, but just look at all the stuff we could be doing instead of trying to establish democracy in a place that doesn't want it.
I am far below average. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3286 on: September 21, 2007, 09:51:13 AM »
Abortion is such a huge frigging difficult issue because of how confusing and hard to decide it is. I mean, there are more important matters, yet many people vote solely on the issue of abortion. It doesn't make much sense anyway, because if we had a pro-choice president, I'm sure all of the Christian and other pro-life interest groups would make sure that abortion doesn't grow.

As for my stance on abortion, I'm at the same place as Bird Person. I mean these babies aren't really babies if they're only a bunch of cells. Plus, they are technically part of a woman's body, entitling her to its fate. Of course, that's not such a great argument--if I sliced off my arm, I'm sure I would have violated the law somewhere. And in response to the need of abortions, they're usually needed by careless teenagers who are too irresponsible to practice safe sex or abstinence and stuff. Honestly, there's a point where people can just stop the need for most abortions without even talking about them. Of course, rape victims should have the right to abort babies early on, considering they had no choice in the matter.

Finally though, what ever happened to adoption?

I agree with the careless teenagers statement.  I mean, they're just like "ooh, let's have sex."  Awhile later, they find out they're pregnant..."omg, I don't need this!"  It just takes common sense not to have sex with every person you see.  I'm still a virgin, and I'm proud of it.  And I know some lady is going to be very happy when I tell her I've saved myself for our marriage.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #3287 on: September 21, 2007, 03:39:04 PM »
Sure. I'm not anti-gay, either. Though, abortion's a tricky topic... save cancer patients, or make women have unwanted children? And, at what point does the fetus grow a soul?

In my religion, it says that the fetus grows a soul at 120 days so it's against my religion for a woman to have an abortion after 120 days. It's also against my religion for a woman to have an abortion to control how many children she has or if she commits zina (Arabic word for sex before marriage). An abortion is only allowed in Islam is a woman is going to die if she has the baby or if she has been raped.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #3288 on: September 21, 2007, 03:45:30 PM »
At least in Islam they're specific about it. Christianity always seems kinda vague on such matters.

« Reply #3289 on: September 21, 2007, 03:48:00 PM »
I'm against abortion unless the woman's life is in danger. If that isn't the case, then they should go through with it, though I really don't have a say in the matter 'cause I got myself an XY.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3290 on: September 21, 2007, 03:51:35 PM »
I'm ANGSTy because I acquired VMware Workstation 5.5 as a replacement for Microsoft Virtual PC (so I can run 98, which I infintely prefer for running DOS games as opposed to DOSBox and XP's sometimes-works-sometimes-doesn't Command Prompt utility), yet it doesn't work. It just doesn't load; it hangs every single time I open it, and I fear that it's a hardware issue as opposed to a software issue, which would be much more costly to fix.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #3291 on: September 21, 2007, 10:22:18 PM »
I have angst because I can never find a store that still sells Kellogg's Cinnamon Crunchers. They were like, the best cereal that EVER EXISTED and now the'yre gone forever! Nothing could replace their taste: sweet and cinnamony, flaky, yet crunchy. You could even lick off the cinnamon that stuck to the roof of your mouth afterward!

I want a box of those REALLY BADLY! I'll buy one off the internet if I have to...

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3292 on: September 22, 2007, 12:10:07 AM »
That cereal is GOOD, At least the taste of cinnamon doesn't burn your tongue like other food I've tried.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3293 on: September 22, 2007, 06:37:24 AM »
Frosted Mini-Wheats pwns all other cereals.

Go FMW!
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3294 on: September 22, 2007, 10:41:54 AM »

I saw that on Amazon.com and was hopping to see a deal on a Mario or at least a Nintendo game, but alas the deal was for Spider-Man 3 on 360. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3295 on: September 22, 2007, 03:16:57 PM »
AGHHH!!!! My site has was down this morning and on Thursday! AGGHHH!!!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #3296 on: September 23, 2007, 06:35:35 PM »
I'm complaining that NSider closed down. Where's my daily dose of stupid?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3297 on: September 23, 2007, 06:49:56 PM »
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3298 on: September 23, 2007, 08:11:49 PM »
* Luigison applauds

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #3299 on: September 25, 2007, 07:34:55 PM »
I can't believe that NSider died! All those people (who don't know about The FF) were depending on it!

*shyguy92 salutes NSider
"it's always the present"

Print