Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273825 times)

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2415 on: September 25, 2007, 07:21:56 PM »
I have plenty to be happy about...

My mom got a job a little while ago. Because of the increased income, we were finally able to get the internet back. And just because she working, it doesn't mean I'm not. I'm in charge of keeping the house clean and I'm doing a surprisingly good job at it.

Also, today is my birthday and I got The Simpsons Season 10 and The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3. So awesome. ^_^
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #2416 on: September 27, 2007, 05:53:49 PM »
Happy Birthday...even though I'm a bit late!

I went to the doctor and I grew 2 inches over the summer. 5'1! Well...it may seem a bit silly to be rejoicing at but I like to know that I'm getting taller. I also got my shots out of the way.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #2417 on: September 28, 2007, 06:50:07 PM »
OH SNAP!

Now if only we had more screenshots.

EDIT: Spoke too soon: http://www.jeux-france.com/news22039_advance-wars-2-au-mgs.html
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 08:43:12 PM by Mr. Wiggles »
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2418 on: September 28, 2007, 07:51:57 PM »
Advance Wars 2? I could swear I already played that!

Just joking, but here's hoping this one doesn't have any crash bugs. I would have played AWDS a heck of a lot more had it not crashed twice just going through the campaign once. I just got too scared to play it, when I could be playing things where I wasn't scared of all my progress being lost at every moment.

Also, the character level system blew for multiplayer purposes. Unless everybody was a freak with all characters at level 10, it limited your possibilities.

And if they add something more powerful than the Dual Strike, I'll cry. Each of the three Advance Wars has gotten slightly worse due to more powerful super-moves degrading the strategic game.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:53:36 PM by Lizard Dude »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2419 on: September 29, 2007, 08:35:04 AM »
I heard that AW2 has an Instant Win move at your disposal at all times.
every

« Reply #2420 on: September 29, 2007, 06:44:25 PM »
Advance Wars 2? I could swear I already played that!

Just joking, but here's hoping this one doesn't have any crash bugs. I would have played AWDS a heck of a lot more had it not crashed twice just going through the campaign once. I just got too scared to play it, when I could be playing things where I wasn't scared of all my progress being lost at every moment.

Weird. That never happened to my game.

Also, the character level system blew for multiplayer purposes. Unless everybody was a freak with all characters at level 10, it limited your possibilities.

I wouldn't know. I always used Jake and all my battles were Single CO ones.

And if they add something more powerful than the Dual Strike, I'll cry. Each of the three Advance Wars has gotten slightly worse due to more powerful super-moves degrading the strategic game.

Well this new game is apparantly completely different from the last 3 games and it did away with the old cast too.

Besides, it's not like the Dual Strike moves were always readily available. It usually took around 11 turns for you to even fill up a single CO's meter, not to mention the uber generals like Hawke and Grit took twice as long.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2421 on: September 29, 2007, 07:07:56 PM »
Happy Birthday...even though I'm a bit late!

I went to the doctor and I grew 2 inches over the summer. 5'1! Well...it may seem a bit silly to be rejoicing at but I like to know that I'm getting taller. I also got my shots out of the way.

Haha...wow, you're short. :P
I've been doing great in school, so I'm happy. And the FUNimation dub of One Piece is airing tonight at 10. I'm not much of a One Piece fan, but I'm really glad it isn't dubbed by 4Kids Entertainment anymore. I just don't like the way they handle things.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2422 on: September 29, 2007, 08:50:01 PM »
Haha...wow, you're short. :P

Bah. I'm that short as well. My own mother laughs at me even though I obviously got it from her. Darn heredity...

Okay. Happy stuff. Well, I did get a Manaphy from the Toys R Us event, but maybe I should talk about that in the Pokémon Topic.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #2423 on: September 29, 2007, 09:15:52 PM »
I'm hopeful because my wallpaper was met with praise.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2424 on: October 01, 2007, 10:23:09 AM »
WOOT
My Strong Bad email got answered!!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:33:01 AM by NintendoExpert89 »

« Reply #2425 on: October 01, 2007, 10:38:18 AM »
As I said in ANGST, I've found college to be fairly easy so far.

I only have two classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, and after October, just one.
I have three classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I've found those to be fairly simple, and I have huge gaps of free time between them to relax.

In those gaps of free time, I go into the gaming area of the student center, where usually a Nintendo 64 or Gamecube is hooked up to a TV and people are taking turns playing Super Smash Bros. or Melee, respectively. People also like to bring their DSes and play PictoChat.

Any assignments I have seem to find themselves finished quite quickly, despite the fact that they're usually long, written out assignments over a page or two long.

So, ya, that's college for me.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2426 on: October 03, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »
I'm hopeful because I had an excellent day in my Drama Arts class. I mean, holy crap, I've never had so much fun at school before! I'll go into more detail when I post in the "(insert adjective) stories" topic.
I'm a horrible person.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2427 on: October 03, 2007, 02:51:23 PM »
Yours is the slumber party, NE89?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #2428 on: October 03, 2007, 03:20:22 PM »
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #2429 on: October 03, 2007, 03:23:06 PM »
Yes, it was my email.

I wrote it after I went to a "slumber party" in nearby dorm lounge, and all we did was play Uno and then disperse.

EDIT: Dang, my weight went up 15 pounds in 3 years...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 08:18:32 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

Print