Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273155 times)

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3075 on: April 02, 2008, 09:15:21 PM »
worthless Hot Topic shops and anime stores,

Hot Topic's always seem to have those kinds of things.

A... anime... Stores? Those exist? I must find one.

On other hopeful related news:

I picked up some awesome Mario shirts at the mall today. One that has the entire 1st level of Donkey Kong on it. Another one that has the last section of World 1-1 of SMB. (Flagpole, staircase, castle) Greatness. I shoulda' gone to the GameStop at my mall to see if I could find any of those collector tins. but I forgot and didn't feel like going back
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3076 on: April 02, 2008, 09:45:12 PM »
There was an anime store here that closed pretty quick after it opened. I never got to go there, but I heard it was sort of not great. This is not meant to be a reflection on the quality of anime stores in general by any means.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3077 on: April 03, 2008, 12:23:56 AM »
There are a lot of anime stores out here in the SF Bay Area.  I hadn't seen any before that.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3078 on: April 03, 2008, 07:00:31 AM »
Hot Topic's always seem to have those kinds of things.

A... anime... Stores? Those exist? I must find one.

On other hopeful related news:

I picked up some awesome Mario shirts at the mall today. One that has the entire 1st level of Donkey Kong on it.  I shoulda' gone to the GameStop at my mall to see if I could find any of those collector tins. but I forgot and didn't feel like going back
I have that shirt.
I didn't see any collector tins when I went to gamestop yesterday, but I got a Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi figurine, along with Star Fox Adventures.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3079 on: April 03, 2008, 10:18:59 AM »
I have a shirt that has the final screen of World 1-1 on it, and I was able to get it from Wal-Mart after lots of looking. Hot Topic thinks it can trick me into entering it, but I won this time!

Although I really wish I had that Domo-Kun shirt...
every

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3080 on: April 03, 2008, 05:39:34 PM »
Remind me why you don't shop at a pretty half-decent store.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3081 on: April 04, 2008, 12:25:48 PM »
I wouldn't consider Hot Topic bad, it just springs bad people.

I won't lie, I own clothes from there, but I'm not all YO OMG I'M MAD GOTHIC as a result.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #3082 on: April 04, 2008, 12:34:18 PM »
missingno is right. Hot Topic itself is fine, the fact that some people only go to that store for EVERYTHING and have an obsession with it isn't.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3083 on: April 04, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »
Yeah it actually has some cool stuff. The game-based shirts mainly. The band shirts for the most part are either for bad music, or just are ugly themselves.
I also wear the pants casually, but that's just because I like them.
Ditto used Machop!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3084 on: April 04, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »
^ Can't say I'm too learned in the area of Hot Topic pants, but I agree with you otherwise.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3085 on: April 04, 2008, 01:47:48 PM »
Hot Topic sells some occasionally cool stuff, but because a lot of my friends shop there, I'm afraid I might see one there, and the next day they'll be talking about it, and from then on I'll be expected to want to go there.
every

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #3086 on: April 04, 2008, 01:49:22 PM »
Well I like the pants a lot. Though I plan on making my own. It's a lot cheaper.
Ditto used Machop!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3087 on: April 04, 2008, 02:10:33 PM »
I only go there for the game-based shirts.  I saw a spiked collar and spiked wrist bands that I thought would be neat for a Bowser costume, but they were too pricey for the purpose for which I would ever wear them.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3088 on: April 04, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »
It has always seemed very strange to me that all the Nintendo apparel is sold at Hot Topic. Mario and My Chemical Romance are pretty far from each other... But the shirts they sell feel like stuff nostalgic n00bs wear (Goomba = Game Over!? No way would I wear that) so I don't really care. I feel uncomfortable if I'm in there too long, though.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3089 on: April 04, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »
I'd feel more uncomfortable in an Abercrombie & Fitch than a Hot Topic.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print