Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273568 times)

« Reply #4665 on: November 20, 2009, 06:59:36 PM »
I'll be moving down to Austin soon to go to the Art Institute down there. Woo, media arts & animation!

Heh, that was my chosen BA before I ultimately decided against going to art school and joined the glory that is Long Beach State. Still in an art program, but now I have more flexibility and will probably apply for anoter major just to have two of those lovely diplomas.

Oh yeah, today I went store hopping looking for a certain toy (yes, I got back into collecting because the new MMPR toyline has me nostalging like crazy) and I ended up finding a huge arcade at the edge of town. They had so many awesome games, but the best part is they actually have an english King of Fighters XII machine with a bench for sit down action whooo~

They lacked Capcom vs SNK though, which knocks some point off their coolness scale. I'll be sure to go bakc there soon enough though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #4666 on: November 20, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
a certain toy

This is NOT the place to discuss your Hello Kitty vibrator collection, my good sir.

My mom permitted me to crack open NSMBWii today, figuring it should rather distract me now than during the school week. I'm currently halfway through World 2, and the game as a whole has suppressed my doubts of its quality.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4667 on: November 20, 2009, 09:38:30 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4668 on: November 20, 2009, 10:24:38 PM »
This is NOT the place to discuss your Hello Kitty vibrator collection, my good sir.

Hey Weegee, don't you have some socks to clean?

Also, just to humor you, here's what I ended up buying.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4669 on: November 20, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »
You've got the same computer as me.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4670 on: November 20, 2009, 11:47:16 PM »
Not anymore.

I was walking down one of the toy aisles when something caught my eye: a Donkey Kong monster truck. Usually, something like this wouldn't have caught my eye (I'm not fond of the gorilla) but I thought it was neat. Sadly, I had no money on me to buy it, or there would have been pictures with this post.

I did some thorough searching though, and found another, slightly bigger model. I hope both are still there in a couple of days, or if there are any other character models (Mario, Toad, etc..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4671 on: November 21, 2009, 10:29:22 PM »
I saw the new A Christmas Carol movie.

The 3D was Disney's best yet, and it had refreshingly Christian undertones.  Good times.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #4672 on: November 25, 2009, 08:57:11 PM »
Had a great time at camp and my kids play is coming along better than I thought it ever would have. They are still more rowdy than any other group that I've worked with but hey, our play involves shrooms, tranny whores, and jail abuse with stunning raps. What more could we ask for?
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #4673 on: November 25, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »
Well, at least they probably have first-hand experience about such matters.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:21:00 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #4674 on: November 25, 2009, 09:09:48 PM »
I'm not sure how I should take that statement Weegee...
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #4675 on: November 25, 2009, 09:19:58 PM »
I was implying that the impoverished kids you work with probably have some experience with such crusty topics... Yeah, that was poorly worded in retrospect.

« Reply #4676 on: November 25, 2009, 09:23:02 PM »
Well then, yes, that's true. It definitely helps. I've had to explain some of the stuff though. Prostitution excites them. They have a bit too much fun with that scene...

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #4677 on: November 27, 2009, 12:23:06 PM »
I got Rock Band Special Edition during a sale while it was only 50 dollars. (Instruments Included)

Positive reactions are abundant.

The Rock Band Drums are infinitely superior to the World Tour drums. (hell, the whole GAME is infinitely better than World Tour) Unfortunately, this does not make up for my suckage at drums and poor rhythm due to playing Guitar Hero all this time.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4678 on: December 04, 2009, 06:56:34 PM »
Yeah, I'm considering renting some Rock Band games. A question, though: I know plenty of people trumpet the superiority of Rock Band over Guitar Hero, but is it just the aesthetic, song selection, and instrument quality that are better, or is there something else?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4679 on: December 04, 2009, 08:16:35 PM »
I've noticed that Rock Band 2 has some type of delay in it. Like, the audio and video is in sync, but when I strum, it registers it like 0.4 seconds late, so I can't stand playing Rock Band 2 half the time. I can blast through super hard songs on GHIII on Expert all day, but put me on Expert on RB2, and it just doesn't happen. Slowing down the game in practice magnifies the strum lag issue. (Try it with Master Exploder on 50% speed and pay attention to when you strum vs. what's happening on the game)

However, on to your question Shadowbrain, Rock Band games' (especially RB2) have a slick and awesome presentation/gameplay as an added reason of why it's better than Guitar Hero. Song selection is pretty good, instrument quality is not better guitar/bass-wise. I can't stand the RB setup. I much prefer precision clickiness and relatively clicky buttons. Other than that.... hmm, dunno.

I like both of the series.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print