Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476315 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #795 on: September 17, 2006, 08:16:37 AM »
Eh, I'm with BP on this one. Let's move on to another topic, shall we?

Why did Wario go through such a huge personality change? In his firts few games, he was a villain, but later on, he was a comedic antihero. What's up with that?

« Reply #796 on: September 17, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »
He was never really a villan. He was the antagonist. As for comedic, most of the Mario characters ARE comedic.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #797 on: September 17, 2006, 03:31:48 PM »
Have you even played Super Mario Land 2, Wario's Woods or Mario & Wario? He was a villainous villain in all of those games.

« Reply #798 on: September 17, 2006, 05:10:59 PM »
Revenge man. He wanted revenge on Mario. And I don't what he has against Toad.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #799 on: September 17, 2006, 06:37:24 PM »
Revenge for what? He and Mario have been rivals ever since they were children.

« Reply #800 on: September 17, 2006, 07:12:56 PM »
Revenge man. He wanted revenge on Mario. And I don't what he has against Toad.

Maybe he just hates Toad so much that he decided to try to trick him to death. It obviously didn't work, as Toad is still around today.. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #801 on: September 17, 2006, 07:20:45 PM »
I thought that plot of Wario's Woods was Toad getting lost in the woods only to find out that Wario owns them and Toad has to find his way out while eluding Wario's minions. That sounds pretty villainous on Wario's part.

« Reply #802 on: September 18, 2006, 05:04:28 PM »
Here is the first line of what the TMK page for Wario's Woods says..

"Toad must reclaim the Dark Woods from the grasp of the evil Wario!"

I'm going to guess and say that Toad willingly went into the woods and fought Wario and his minions out.

On a side note: Has anybody ever finished WW? What is the ending like??
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #803 on: September 18, 2006, 05:20:09 PM »
Here is the first line of what the TMK page for Wario's Woods says..

"Toad must reclaim the Dark Woods from the grasp of the evil Wario!"

I'm going to guess and say that Toad willingly went into the woods and fought Wario and his minions out.

On a side note: Has anybody ever finished WW? What is the ending like??

Is that the SNES Wario's Woods or the NES Wario's Woods? I think they had different plots.

« Reply #804 on: September 18, 2006, 07:27:20 PM »
That was from the SNES description, but the NES one says the same thing.

« Reply #805 on: September 18, 2006, 10:48:10 PM »
Oh, and as far as ending, the closest thing to an ending is the last cinematic shows the giant Wario pop, revealing that the real, normal sized Wario was pumping up a balloon.  Then I think he hops back into his plane, and leaves.  Then you play until level 255, where it repeats over and over.  That was for the NES version, as I've never played the SNES version
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #806 on: September 19, 2006, 04:55:44 PM »
The SNES version might be similar, except that the area changes from Woods to Mountains to Ice to Forest to Castle every certain number of stages you pass and there are no cutscenes. The furthest I ever got was stage 85 (which is in the Forest area).

« Reply #807 on: September 22, 2006, 11:20:44 AM »
I think the WarioWare games should be taken into consideration(If this has been brought up already, I apologize. I didn't read all 54 pages.)

Diamond City has an almost entirely human population, wheras Toad Toad is mostly Toads. DK Island is mostly monkeys and Kremlings. Isle Delfino is mostly Piantas. The case isn't that there aren't many humans, per se, but that most Mario games don't take place around highly human populated places.
I'll think of a better signature later!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #808 on: September 22, 2006, 01:48:31 PM »
Good point. Somehow that didn't really occur to me before.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #809 on: September 22, 2006, 02:09:35 PM »
Personally, I think that the humans in the mushroom world are nearly extinct, and that MarioLand (from SML) was founded by Mario as a haven/shelter for humans. In MarioLand, the humans could reproduce in safety and harmony.

That's just my theory.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Print