Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476382 times)

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #930 on: November 25, 2006, 02:36:42 PM »
So then E. Gadd never invented the time machine at all.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #931 on: November 25, 2006, 04:14:12 PM »
I place Partners in Time is in the main timeline.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #932 on: November 25, 2006, 10:33:54 PM »
Back to the DK thing...  I theorize that EVERY new Donkey Kong is Junior, therefore making Mario Tennis possible, because DK Junior is the current Donkey Kong's son.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #933 on: November 25, 2006, 10:38:23 PM »
I place Partners in Time is in the main timeline.
Yes, but I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to
I see the spinoffs taking place outside the main timeline
since you were suggesting that the time machine was used in the situation described in The Chef's post about DK.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #934 on: November 26, 2006, 12:59:55 PM »
Another idea of mine concerns SSBM. I thought of it as an event where all the universes in the multiverse were merged together, thus combining the backstories of all the different DKs and erasing DK Jr. rom existance. This also explains the bio on DK's trophy describing him as both the "Classic" DK and the "Super" DK.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #935 on: November 26, 2006, 05:32:38 PM »
Yes, but I wasn't talking about that. I was referring to since you were suggesting that the time machine was used in the situation described in The Chef's post about DK.
That doesn't really mean he never invented it
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #936 on: November 30, 2006, 03:21:39 PM »
Aging accuracy in Mario's world never really shall I say, was great.

I mean in Partners in Time, the ages of baby version of the Bros, Bowser, and Peach were like this:

Mario and Luigi: 2-3 years old
Bowser: At least 6 since he spoke in complete setences
Peach: Less than 10 months since she never walked.

Now in Yoshi Island's II, it basically says the 6 of the main 8 are practically the same age. I know Mario doesn't nessacry has a canon but c'mon, draw the line somewhere.

Now that I think about it, is present-day Yoshi the same Yoshi that helped Baby Mario all those years ago? I'm leaning towards no but I would like to hear more opinions.
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #937 on: November 30, 2006, 04:38:51 PM »
It says he's the same Yoshi in the Mario Party 2 instruction manual.
Senior Mariology professor

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #938 on: November 30, 2006, 05:43:25 PM »
I kinda thought that the current Yoshi is the baby one from Yoshi's Story, or in other words, the son of the Yoshi from Yoshi' s Island.

In my multiverse theory, the old-school universe Mario did not meet that universe's Yoshi until the events of SMW, while the modern universe Yoshi is what I said above. After Melee, Yoshi is mostly like his modern universe self, albeit with some of the old-school universe Yoshi's abilities.

« Reply #939 on: November 30, 2006, 08:03:06 PM »
It says he's the same Yoshi in the Mario Party 2 instruction manual.

While it says that, their personalites don't seem to match. Yoshi Island Yoshi seemed to act like an adult. Present-day Yoshi, at least to me, still seems to have a childish personality
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #940 on: December 01, 2006, 04:12:02 PM »

How could you tell their personality from Yoshi's Island?

« Reply #941 on: December 01, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »
They took on responsibility and didn't make retarded noises.

« Reply #942 on: December 07, 2006, 05:09:41 PM »
There was still the hoping around at the goal and the grunting hover noise.

« Reply #943 on: December 07, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »
They didn't make the grunting hover noise.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #944 on: December 07, 2006, 06:31:47 PM »
I mean in Partners in Time, the ages of baby version of the Bros, Bowser, and Peach were like this:

Mario and Luigi: 2-3 years old
Bowser: At least 6 since he spoke in complete setences
Peach: Less than 10 months since she never walked.

I think Mario and Luigi were probably older than that, to make their strength a little more plausible. They didn't talk because they're RPG silent protagonists. And maybe Koopas mature sooner.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print