Print

Author Topic: Mario RPG coming to GBA  (Read 2746 times)

« on: August 01, 2002, 11:46:15 PM »
Hi I'm back I wanted to let you know Mario RPG is coming out for GBA I found out in the new EGM. I'm glad they're releasing it again because the price for buying it new on toysrus.com is 80 dollars and thats ridiculous I can't see spending that much on a game when the system costs less than 30 dollars. I also hope they added the Final Fantasy boss Culex too.One more thing I found out in EGM fans who like smash em bash em Horror games people wrote they would like to see the Namco Horror classic Splatter house to return. It would be great to see Rick return well thats it for now I'll let you know on any more news I hear.

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 11:47:46 PM »
'Glad' to see you back.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 11:49:35 PM »
Thanks for the vote of confidence and the welcome.

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2002, 11:59:25 PM »
Are you serious?! That would be great! (SMRPG, not Splatter House, whatever the heck that is.)

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2002, 12:11:04 AM »
Just to let you know, Splatterhouse is a hack-and-slash game for Turbografx that spawned two other sequels on the Sega Genesis. It was about a guy named Rick whose girlfriend was kidnapped by a monster and he found this mystical possessed mask to help him out with super strength. He kind of reminds you of Jason with the mask on. Anyway, he has to rescue her with his abilities. It's a pretty gory game, though, although not as gory as what we have today. It's become a pretty obscure title now, and hard to find. That's why I'd like to see it ported, so that other people like yourself who aren't sure what it is can check it out. Sorry, didn't mean to get off the thread here, I was just trying to explain the game. Now, back to Mario!

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2002, 01:21:27 PM »
That's not true I saw in some Mario sites it said " Super Mario RPG Game Boy Advance" then it said " Guest Book sign view"???

It's ah me Marioguy
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2002, 03:30:38 PM »
Culex isn't a boss from final fantasy. Not to my knowledge anyway.

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2002, 04:44:57 PM »
Hi! maybe Culex is one of the Final Fantasy Bosses that was in number 2 and 3 for famicom in japan.That's probably why we never heard of him right now i'm playing the Japanese one I emulated to see what he looks like.He looks very hard too well i'll let you know if there is anymore news on other mario games.

King Bowser Koopa
King Bowser Koopa

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2002, 09:06:43 PM »
To marioguy: It is true!!! Read the new EGM mag when it comes out if you don't believe me. I got mine early because I subscribe to it. It's posted toward the back of the mag, the people who write it said it was coming for sure. They're the ones who get first insider info on games coming, so, if you can't trust them, who can you trust? Just check it out before saying it's not true.

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2002, 10:47:16 PM »
You mean the SMRPG info is toward the back? Or what?
I think Culex is from FF2j. Not sure, but I think.

I decided to go hire a signature... but he charged too much, so I fired him. Yeah, him.
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2002, 12:34:37 AM »
It's the Sept. issue of EGM, and it's on page 58, on the right side of the page. The article is entitled "Quartermann's game gossip and speculation". But he does say that it is coming, and that Square and Nintendo were doing the game.

Super Saiyan Vegeta
Super Saiyan Vegeta

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2002, 02:01:06 PM »
Yeah, this is great news! Square's back with the Big N, so now who knows what cool stuff they have planned...

Maybe a new Paper Mario game with the return of Mallow and Geno...
---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Print