Print

Author Topic: The Wii Cometh...  (Read 10958 times)

David

• Trusts the fungus
« on: November 13, 2006, 08:15:16 PM »
The Wii arrives this coming weekend.

I have a Wii reserved at a local Gamestop, but they tell me they are only going to get enough copies of Twilight Princess in for preorders... the problem being that I refused to preorder Zelda.  As a result, I'm probably going to head to Wal-Mart at 10 pm and pick up both a Wii and Zelda there, where there will not be "only enough copies to satisfy preorders."

Does anyone else find it ridiculous that stores won't have at least enough copies of a launch title to be able to sell one for every system they have?  Or that I'm going to have to go to Wal-Mart to buy both my Wii and Zelda, as picking up my preorder would result in not having a game to play?
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 09:40:24 PM »
The Wii comes with Wii Sports, ya' know.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 09:47:03 PM »
I will give you my first born child on a platter if David Dayton did not know that.

Does anyone else find it ridiculous that stores won't have at least enough copies of a launch title to be able to sell one for every system they have?
Disappointing, yes--but ridiculous?  Not entirely.  It sort of makes economic sense:  Not everyone who buys a Wii will necessarily buy Zelda, and I hear the lack of availability causes people to do funny things like buy extra copies for friends & relatives.

But good luck!  I hope things turn out the way you want them to.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 09:49:46 PM »
The Wii comes with Wii Sports, ya' know.
Perhaps he also wants Twilight Princess.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 01:39:29 AM »
I will give you my first born child on a platter if David Dayton did not know that.
If he did... can I have it?
Erm, well... My parents were looking through the whatever and call me into the room. Wal*Mart is open 27 hours a day, and they're releasing Wii at midnight between Saturday and Sunday. And they're all for it, they're like, "One of us could stand in line, then alternate, maybe again, and then it'll be midnight..." But I don't know. I actually think I'd have better chances getting one heading into Target when it opens at 8. Not only that, but... I'm a Target fan, not so much a Wal*Mart fan. Wal*Mart evil. But at that, I'd have two chances--midnight, then 8. Okay.
Edit: I also am planning on getting Twilight Princess. I doubt I'll not be able to...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 01:41:24 AM by Bird Person »
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 09:39:51 AM »
... Wal*Mart is open 27 hours a day,,,
  Nice. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 12:05:08 AM »
I'm totally hanging out at Wal*Mart.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 06:26:50 AM »
I'm totally hanging out at Wal*Mart.

Is that what you people do?  Because that's what I hear you people do.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 04:04:54 PM »
What people?
That was a joke.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 04:23:56 PM »
You people who aren't as rich as me.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 05:04:01 PM »
I have tailgated at Wal*Mart one time when my car broke down and I happened to be with my friends.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print