Poll

Who is your favorite antagonist from the Mario RPGs?

Smithy (Super Mario RPG)
3 (12.5%)
Bowser (Paper Mario)
2 (8.3%)
Cackletta (Mario & Luigi: SuperStar Saga)
3 (12.5%)
Sir Grodus (Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door)
2 (8.3%)
Princess Shroob (Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time)
2 (8.3%)
Count Bleck (Super Paper Mario)
12 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Mario RPG villian?  (Read 7320 times)

« on: July 17, 2007, 10:09:55 PM »
I thought about making this poll after I beat SPM, and that's exactly what I'm doing right now. As most of us already know, there have 6 Mario RPGs (role playing games) in total. Each one has had there own share of quirky and memorable characters, and really cool villians. So, who do you think is the best?

Is it Smithy, the cold, robotic, blacksmith leader of the Smithy gang, who broke the star road and drove Exor, the giant sword, through Bowser's Keep?

Will it be Bowser, who stole the Star rod from Star Haven and trapped all the star spirits in cards so he could kidnap Peach and vanquish his rival, Mario, once and for all?

Could it be Cackletta, who hired a crazy scientist (Fawful) to aid her in destroying the BeanBean kingdom and stealing the Beanstar so she could wish to rule the world?

Or is it Sir Grodus, the leader of the Secret Society of X-nauts; a group bent on unlocking the thousand-year door and using whatever's behind it to conquer the world?

Might it be Princess Shroob, the evil princess that lead her people (the Shroobs) on an invasion of earth when Mario and Luigi were only babies?

What about Count Bleck, who used Chaos heart to create the void; a dark hole in the sky that would destroy all existence?

Well, I've played through M&L:SS, PM:tTYD, M&L:PiT and SPM. I've recently downloaded PM over the virtual console (though I don't think Bowser has any secrets, like some of the other villians), and I've read about Smithy on Wikipedia. Over, I'd have to say Count Bleck is my favorite. He has a much better backstory than the other villians, and actually has a motivation (kinda).

Remember, if your post contains a spoiler (a significant detail of the story meant to be a surprise), make sure to conceal it in a spoiler tag, like this:I'm a barbie girl living in a barbie world, got it?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:20:34 PM »
You forgot Pol-... I mean, The Shadow Queen (if she counts, this seems to be more of a "mastermind" poll).
But, I'll vote Bleck.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 07:51:29 AM »
I'll vote for Grodus, but I wish my real favorite villian was up there.  :(

EDIT: We have a lotta Count Bleck fans it seems.  :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 07:53:20 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 11:42:19 AM »
Where's Fawful?  Oh well, I'll vote Bleck too.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 04:21:15 PM »
Of course, it's Count Bleck! exclaimed Jess.
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 04:26:29 PM »
Can we change the poll when everyone finds out that Dimentio is the true villain? And what about the Minions? Where's Mr. L?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »
Considering that Grodus was listed instead of the Shadow Queen, it seems proper that Count Bleck is listed the same way.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 04:44:21 PM »
And what about the Minions? Where's Mr. L?

I wanted to vote for Mimi. (I don't need a spoiler tag for this, do I? Unless someone doesn't want to see who I was gonna vote for.  :P)
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 06:38:02 PM »
Shadow Queen ruled, as she was way tougher than both Grodus and Bowser when you had to fight them 3 in a row. Too bad you could only do it once.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
Dude! put some spoiler tags in there! Some people might have not played or gotten to there yet! And you only had to fight Grodus, Bowser and Kammy Koopa back to back The final boss Shadow Queen could be fought whenever wanted to. Final bosses are always fought without any battles before it back to back and they allow a save point if you lose. SPM was an exeption, remember? You fought Count Bleck but then Super Dimentio?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 08:14:19 PM »
You lost me with that post.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 09:15:59 PM »
Where's Fawful?  Oh well, I'll vote Bleck too.

Can we change the poll when everyone finds out that Dimentio is the true villain? And what about the Minions? Where's Mr. L?

I wanted to vote for Mimi. (I don't need a spoiler tag for this, do I? Unless someone doesn't want to see who I was gonna vote for.  :P)

Hmmm... perhaps I someone should create a favorite Mario RPG minion thread, huh?

In reponse to SB's post, there were actually many other games where you fought the penultimate and final boss back to back, like in Megaman Battle Network 3. In that game, you fought Bass first, then immediatly fought Alpha after that.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 09:56:15 AM »
Uhh, It's hard for me to decide, sorry. They are all memorable and can be described as cruel, but their character traits are all different in a way. I have to tie all of them, sorry.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 12:03:38 PM »
I voted for Sir Grodus, since he is basically nothing more than a quirky villain that started off as an enigmatic and omnipotent ruler only to be reduced, in the end, to a ridiculous bouncing head.  While this may be a little simple as far as bosses go, there's still something about him that intrigues me. 
Also, he had the occasional humorous bit of dialogue. 
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 03:16:16 AM »
BLECK, says Wiiario! Many funny moments Bleck created! Ble ble ble ... BLECK!... plus Bleck was a deep character and had good theme music, says Wiiario!
I really don't care much for logic.

Print