Print

Author Topic: Likely Characters for Super Smash Brothers Brawl  (Read 21681 times)

volbound1700

• Banned
« on: August 27, 2007, 08:36:13 PM »
Not sure if this went in other games or Mario since it is a Mario Game... Been in Smash Bros board but won't let me post there for some reason.  So decided to mention it here

Characters not yet announced that I sincerely believe will be in it:

Luigi
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Marth
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Ness
Windwaker Link
- replace Young Link
Sonic - I believe he will be in it due to the way Nintendo personal have acted.  They released a poll to help decide who would be in it and did not include him (usually means he already in it), A possible nintendo employee leaked some info that he was in it on a board, a Bestbuy in Canada make box cover that had Sonic on it.  Sonic and Mario at Olympics is a compromise between SEGA and Nintendo
Megaman
Ridley
Baloon Fighter
Ice Climbers
- same as Game and Watch
Mr. Game and Watch - rumored to be removed later turn out false
Tails - Remember the Melee rumor
Crystal
King DeDeDe
Another F-Zero X Character
One suprise character like Baloon Fighter that was a trophy on SSBM
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 08:38:38 PM »
Suprise Character could likely be Stanley the Bugman
Go Vols!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 08:55:42 PM »
Mario.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 02:51:34 PM »
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 03:37:01 PM »
Sonic - I believe he will be in it due to the way Nintendo personal have acted.  They released a poll to help decide who would be in it and did not include him (usually means he already in it), A possible nintendo employee leaked some info that he was in it on a board, a Bestbuy in Canada make box cover that had Sonic on it.  Sonic and Mario at Olympics is a compromise between SEGA and Nintendo
1. How does having a poll that doesn't include Sonic signify that they were even considering him? There is no precedent to draw on that would say "if someone's not in a poll he's already in the game" either.
2. "Possible" Nintendo employee. This is already insignificant enough to completely disregard.
3. Best Buy, acting on their own, with no input or authorization from Nintendo.

Sonic and Mega Man have no chance, even though it would be nice.
That was a joke.

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 04:00:02 PM »
Now that I look back on it, I realize how hopelessly optimistic I was when Nintendo considered Sonic for Brawl.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 07:33:47 PM »
Who will the third parties be then PaperLuigi?  There are suppose to be 2 or 3 more.  (Of course they could always change there mind).

Go read every board related to SSBB and half of it is will Sonic be in Brawl?  Nintendo already acknowledged that he is the most popular pick and notice that him and Mario are now appearing in a game that very well could have been the compromise game to get him into brawl.  Not to mention the famous rumor with Melee...
Go Vols!

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 08:08:41 PM »
Dude, I already know. I just don't think it's going to happen.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 08:35:38 PM »
I gotta agree with Paper Luigi, Sonic's future looks grim. As I heard somewhere, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics seems to look more like an apology for not having him in there rather than a foreshadow of him being in there.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:26:10 PM »
SushieBoy, in the humor department, do I seem stiff as a board to you? Do you not think I am ever anything other than serious? Do you think I cannot make a joke by replying to a long list of characters that are either obviously going to be in Brawl or obviously will not with a blunt answer that indicates I believe a character that would only NOT be in Brawl if Brawl were not released? Well I've got news for you, punk. I can make jokes! What's the difference between my algebra 2 teacher's soul and an ice sculpture of it? NOTHING!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA, that was so freaking hilarious you've probably had a heart attack from laughing! So take that!!
On the subject... speculation is for the lose. You know who speculated things? The ancient Greeks. And they're all dead now.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 11:40:05 PM »
Wasting time reading a bunch of rabid fanboys on message boards is not my idea of fun, and no one ever said there were supposed to be more third parties in SSBB.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 12:47:26 AM »
Sonic and Mega Man have no chance, even though it would be nice.
And what is your basis for this?  There are too supposed to be more third parties' characters, but they probably won't be revealed until after the game is released.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 11:55:20 AM »
There are some characters that shouldn't have been put in Melee (Dr. Mario, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth and Roy...), and I would not shed a tear if they were absent in Brawl, but I really doubt Nintendo will cut anybody. Replace, maybe (Ike=Marth/Roy), but totally eliminate... probably not. With each new game in any series, it's all about bigger and better, and no matter how much they add, trimming the roster will always make Melee better in a few ways.

Third-parties will only happen when there's a mutual agreement between Nintendo and the third-party people. Personally, I think non-Nintendo characters period is dumb, but Sonic is someone I really would rather not see. I don't know if it's his personality, or I'm sick and tired of everyone (not you guys, just... you know) not shutting up about wanting him in the game, but... yeah. Besides, if you want to watch those two compete, play M&S At The Olympics, or whatever.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 01:30:32 PM »
SushieBoy, in the humor department, do I seem stiff as a board to you?

*turns head* No. Actually BP I think you're hilarous, but that joke (assuming it was one, It just didn't seem like it) was very dull.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 02:36:27 PM »
Eh, Sonic should be left out of Brawl just because the quality of Sonic games have come so downhill since 2002 that the series is a shell of it's former self.

I'd be quite sad if Mr. G&W and Marth were left out though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print