Print

Author Topic: Likely Characters for Super Smash Brothers Brawl  (Read 21665 times)

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 11:57:54 PM »
This post will be hilarious to read after the Rapture.

Especially if it happens before Brawl is released.

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2007, 07:17:07 AM »
Wrong. With Jesus, it's a religious belief that has some evidence to back it up and some illogical things that you just believe. With Sonic in Brawl... That's something that we will see for sure. Whether you believe in him or not... Well, sorry, but your whole comparison is bogus. And you know who compared things that were nothing alike? ...N*SYNC? And they broke up a long time ago and no one remembers them or cares what they're doing now.

Actually, I was more or less comparing the amount of fans supporting volbound's claim to people supporting Jesus' claim (yes, he claimed many things). I probably should've used something else. Like a smaller number.

BTW, I tried to think up all the ames of the N*SYNC members and all I could come up with is Lance Bass.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 07:36:26 AM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 06:30:05 PM »
I really hope the last two secret characters are Ryu and Ken, just to tick of the two groups of people who believe the Third Party characters must be extremely important to Nintendo's history, and those who want absolutely no clones in Brawl.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 06:58:32 PM »
I always thought Ryu and Ken were both clones, I mean, come on! They have the same moves.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 07:15:12 PM »
Um... that was the joke.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »
Link to IGN which says Sonic is almost a guarantee for brawl

http://wii.ign.com/articles/798/798662p1.html

Site also has very good info about Brawl in general all over it.
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2007, 04:38:10 PM »
How did this turn into a religious debate btw?
Go Vols!

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 05:16:01 PM »
I don't...believe it has. We're talking about Ken and Ryu now.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 05:16:16 PM »
IGN KNOWS NO MORE THAN YOU OR ME. UNDERSTAND THIS.
Can't spell "ignorant" without IGN. I'm not saying Sonic won't be in it because I don't know. That's just IT. NOBODY knows. Also, Pac-Man? What the Taco Bell?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 05:19:14 PM »
Dang BP! You posted like 2 seconds right before I edited my post, so when I came back to the topic, your bold, screaming letters scared the crap outta me. Like, you were yelling at me or something. :P

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 08:38:30 AM »
pac-man was a joke.

Once again, when I make a thinly veiled allegory, people focus on the curtains.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:14:18 AM by Boo Dudley »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 08:11:16 PM »
No offense, but you people take normal threads and spin them into the dumbest arguements sometimes. Just sayin'.

I think Toadsworth could beat out Toad as a contender for the roster. Yes, he's old, (and doesn't really have the right mojo for a fighting game) but he's showing up more nowadays, and he's got more personality than Toad. Now, I don't want to get into the whole "Yoshi and Toad/"Yoshis" and "Toads" as a whole, but it's true. To be honest, I probably wouldn't play as him--and it's nigh-impossible he'll show up--but it's far more credible than some of the other excuses I hear for semi-worthwhile brawlers.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2007, 08:22:30 PM »
No offense, but you people take normal threads and spin them into the dumbest arguements sometimes.

Dude, it's a forum board. This kind of thing happens all the time.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2007, 10:21:19 PM »
Hey, that source that said Nintendo and SEGA where meeting together was wrong.  Nintendo held a meeting that Wednesday and SEGA on that friday... nothing said at all about brawl.  Bad Source...

I don't know, IGN usually knows what they are talking about and they mentioned that most those other 3rd parties are probably not going to make it.

IGN's prediction soundly like basically from that article where Bomberman and Sonic. 
Go Vols!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2007, 06:32:57 PM »
And what is your basis for this?  There are too supposed to be more third parties' characters, but they probably won't be revealed until after the game is released.

Yes, they have a very little chance (mostly maegaman)but I really don't think that will happen

Balloon Fighter will probably be an assist trophy.

Who will the third parties be then PaperLuigi?  There are suppose to be 2 or 3 more.  (Of course they could always change there mind).

Go read every board related to SSBB and half of it is will Sonic be in Brawl?  Nintendo already acknowledged that he is the most popular pick and notice that him and Mario are now appearing in a game that very well could have been the compromise game to get him into brawl.  Not to mention the famous rumor with Melee...

These aren't straight from the creator reports, though. They are mostly probably fan sites.

Wasting time reading a bunch of rabid fanboys on message boards is not my idea of fun, and no one ever said there were supposed to be more third parties in SSBB.

Eh, Sonic should be left out of Brawl just because the quality of Sonic games have come so downhill since 2002 that the series is a shell of it's former self.

And because Sonic was rivaling Mario for years, and Mario is nintendo's main squeeze.

Thank You! Yes, you are correct! Snake is just in it because almost every Metal Gear game was released for some sort of Nintendo console. Sega grouped with other companies because they were desparate, I believe, and they make most of their games for Sony, anyway.

I really hope the last two secret characters are Ryu and Ken, just to tick of the two groups of people who believe the Third Party characters must be extremely important to Nintendo's history, and those who want absolutely no clones in Brawl.

I doubt it...

PS that IGN site is a pack of lies enclosed in bubble wrap. Bomberan, Pac-Man, IVY????
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:02:41 PM by Suffix »

Print