Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy  (Read 17986 times)

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« on: November 13, 2007, 04:04:49 PM »
Most people have got it today, and while there are a few that are really into it, I think a majority of us are just beginning the game. So, I'd like to know what everyone thinks. I think that for once, a Wii game has given me a great first impression. The camera angles aren't half bad, the cinematics are decent--so far--and the control scheme, like 64, is as smooth as butter. While this may be a strange belief, Galaxy kind of feels like a Ratchet and Clank game.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 05:24:27 PM »
It sorta does. Anyway, I was wowed by the graphics, and it is most certainly not a Mario 64 clone. I like Mario's new move: the crouch walk, where he ducks and wobbles around while crouching. I also enjoy the new star spin!
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:58:59 PM »
The camera seemed like it was on rails at first, but I haven't found it to be too bothersome so far.

regarding the voices, Bowser sounded like Jabba the Hut, and Peach seemed to have a slight british accent. Not that I'm complaing mind you. Jabba the Hut > cookie monster.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:29:14 PM »
Yeah, they failed on the voices again in my opinion. Also, I think the Camera is a bit off, and Mario's side somersault is differnt than in the other games and makes it hard to do. Those are my only complaints.
On the other hand, this is the most beautiful video game I've ever seen. It's awesome to be doing long jump again and I LOVE messing with the gravity on small planets by long jumping off edges. I've only gotten two power-ups so far though, I can't wait to get a fire flower.

Oh yeah, one more complaint; When you reset, you're lives reset. I find that a bit frustrating.
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 04:39:15 PM »
It reminds me of NiGHTS for some reason. I still want Mario Galaxy -_- Is it worth running out and buying it?

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »
YES IT IS!!!!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »
It reminds me of NiGHTS for some reason. I still want Mario Galaxy -_- Is it worth running out and buying it?
Oh, if only you knew...
And yes, yes it is.

silverstarman

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 05:46:04 PM »
Oh, if only you knew...

What do you mean by that?

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 09:35:21 PM »
I won Twilight Princess of ebay Monday the 5th 27 dollars, Won the Nintendo Wii Wednesday the 7th for 240 dollars, won Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Sunday the 10th 41 dollars, Won Super Mario Galaxy Monday the 12th of November.  Have yet to play the Wii.  So I will likely have to try Wii sports before I can take on Galaxy.  I won't see it until thanksgiving since I shipped it to my parents.  I have exams going on so will only be able to play it Thanksgiving break then I have to go back to take exams and won't go home until December 12th.

However, once December comes I will be a happy man.  Wish I could try it out now.   
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 09:45:28 PM »
Probably shouldn't get on this board very much until I play Galaxy... too many spoilers.
Go Vols!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 09:45:59 PM »
I have 50 something stars so far. My favorite galaxy as of now would have to be Dusty Dunes. I liked Dusty Dunes.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 11:06:40 PM »
I have 28 stars.  My favorite galaxy is the Honeybee Galaxy.  I love using that sweet, sweet bee suit.

P.S. First post!  May I cherish it forever.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 04:54:06 PM »
I got it 2 days ago. I'm on the Dusty Dune Galaxy with 32 stars. I just miss belly-sliding (when you want to)...

Honeyhive Galaxy = PWN
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 04:55:37 PM by Corleone »
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »
I played Dusty Dunes today.  It's lame.  All you do is travel around some quicksand.

Dusty Dunes=PWN
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

silverstarman

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 06:09:19 PM »
Yay I gotted it ._.

Print