No
6 (20%)
Maybe
7 (23.3%)
Not Sure
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Print

Author Topic: New Yoshi Game  (Read 31228 times)

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2007, 10:36:56 PM »
3D Yoshi platformer wouldn't be elegant enough to implement. At all.

Here comes the flamer once again.  Under his logic, we should just not make anymore Mario games because they will all be unoriginal. 
Go Vols!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 11:02:33 PM »
Thanks for reading my post.
I said it would not be elegant. And it would not. Aiming in 3D is a major headache, especially for platformers, and thus a Yoshi game would not work well in 3D.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 08:33:37 PM »
Wasn't the nunchuck controller designed to alleviate that?

To tell the truth, I'd rather Yoshi be ridable or playable in another Mario game first. Maybe they could implement some of his stuff from his own games. I think it would be kinda cool for Mario to be able to actually drive Yoshi's vehicle forms.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 09:01:50 PM »
Well, Yoshi (and DK) has been getting the short end of the stick lately when it comes to quality anything. I think he needs to just quietly into his role proper as a spin-off character while Nintendo leaves platforming to the pros (Mario and Luigi).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 10:30:35 PM »
No, The Chef, the Wii Remote was, but I understand your reasoning and it was something I had not previously taken into consideration.
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 10:33:19 PM »
I think it would be kinda cool for Mario to be able to actually drive Yoshi's vehicle forms.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one to have thought that. That seems like a good idea for Mario Kart (or Yoshi themed vehicles for some Mario Party minigame).

The Yoshi-copter appearing in MKDD has been the closest thing thus far.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2007, 01:39:04 AM »
I do believe that we need more Yoshi, but, honestly, I think I'd rather see another game where you can ride him versus just playing as him, but that's mostly because I want them to get rid of his fat more than anything else. < <;

I suppose a Yoshi's Island style game would be great, especially if it's got all the detail and gameplay of the original game. I'm not entirely sure about a 3D game, though. Even with Wiimote targeting, that could still be a little awkward. But I think they could pull off a side-scroller with 3D elements. Especially if they bring back the vehicles.

Imagine flying over the island with the Yoshicopter. Like, over the whole island.

That would be pretty awesome.
-Your friendly neighborhood potato.

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 03:34:33 PM »
I voted no for a new Yoshi game because I'm not confident that Nintendo can make another game with Yoshi at his former glory. I know it's possible, but Yoshi is such the "cute character" now (coupled with that childish voice) that I don't think he can go back to his more mature self in Super Mario World 1 and 2. And that was the Yoshi I liked, not the later ones.

Yoshi was good in Mario Kart 64 though. Seems he was better when he didn't speak English.
You didn't say wot wot.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »
There's only one Yoshi in existence, and his character archetype shouldn't have anything to do with how good his games are.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2007, 08:09:46 PM »
What do you guys mean Yoshi isn't that good in 3-D? It would work out, Because they could just use his control type from Super Mario 64 DS, Because that moveset worked out good for me. I also like that idea of yours Thorn.

They could make a 3-D Yoshi game with Yoshi's island as the hub world and with diffrent caves and doors and stuff for ways to other worlds. Sorta like Super Mario 64. But it should be on the DS, Because I can't think how it would work on the Wii. Use the Wii remote as Yoshi's tongue? I don't think so.
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2007, 08:27:26 PM »
No, you would use it for aiming. Because any other 3D aiming does not work with fast-paced egg throwing. It might work with the stylus, but not as well as pointing.
That was a joke.

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2007, 09:37:14 PM »
No, these Yoshi games don't get any better, so there should be no more.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 09:41:12 PM »
Why not a 2D game with 3D graphics?

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 11:31:13 PM »
Somebody get this guy Yoshi Story stat!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2007, 12:13:58 AM »