Poll

Which Installment of the Mario Kart Series Contains your favorite version of Rainbow Road?

Super Mario Kart
4 (7%)
Mario Kart 64
32 (56.1%)
Mario Kart Super Circut
3 (5.3%)
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
9 (15.8%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP
0 (0%)
Mario Kart DS
6 (10.5%)
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
0 (0%)
Mario Kart Wii
3 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Rainbow Road  (Read 24547 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 03:42:31 PM »
How ironic is it that you colored "Rainbow Road" black?
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 04:50:11 PM »
He could be color-blind... literally (no joke! It's called rod monochromacy! Look it up!)
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 09:14:49 PM »
yes, but it should be clear the code says it's black.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 10:36:51 PM »
Yeah, I know... just couldn't pass up a lame joke.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 07:12:31 AM »
I would have liked SC's Rainbow Road more if I found the game possible to play. I don't know what was so hard about that game, but it was hard. Too hard.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 07:58:26 AM »
^ It was basically just like the original Super Mario Kart, which meant you raced with an ugly sprite down a short, bland, occasionally twisting track. So, yeah, I didn't like it either, but then again, I never bought it.

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 10:45:20 AM »
I would have to say the 64 version, mostly because it gave me and my cousin ample opportunities to be stupid. Once he discovered how to jump from the top of the hill the start/finish line was to the other side of the course, he would try it pretty much every single time we played.

He only made it a couple times, though, which meant that I'd usually end up with a pretty substantial lead. :P
-Your friendly neighborhood potato.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 11:59:08 AM »
Man. Mario Kart Super Circuit is by far my favorite Mario Kart. Just thought I'd say that since people here don't seem to understand how good it was.
That was a joke.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »
Super Mario Kart: Not one of my particular favorites (it just doesn't seem very exciting), but it's still pretty nice, and difficult without borders.
Mario Kart 64: I don't like this one too much. The visuals are great, but the track is just one long border-guarded straightway with no challenge at all. Then again, I haven't played this one in ages so I might be remembering it wrong.
Mario Kart Super Circuit: It's similar to the one from SMK, but I like this one a bit better because of the added elements like the bouncy borders and falling stars.
Mario Kart Double Dash: This one's my favorite. It has several nice elements like the twisting track, and it's quite a challenge as well.
Mario Kart DS: It's decent, but to me it seems like they focused more on just making it look cool then the course itself.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 09:49:51 PM »
Man. Mario Kart Super Circuit is by far my favorite Mario Kart. Just thought I'd say that since people here don't seem to understand how good it was.
It was a pretty good one, since it was very similar to the original and it had all of the original tracks on it. I enjoy it, but that being said, it's one of the more difficult games of the series.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 09:51:17 PM »
That's part of what makes it good.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 01:22:09 AM »
It also had incredibly tight control and great music.
That was a joke.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 07:59:05 AM »
It took me a while to get used to the Gamecube version, but I liked it.
"it's always the present"

dżamper

• You forgot Poland!
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 12:38:32 PM »
64 version is the best. Super Circuit version is nice, too.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 12:48:52 PM by dżamper »
Yoshi's broken English!     Lesson 1: All your base are belong to us!     Lesson 2: Please would paper chuck in wastebin Thank you!

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »
I like the music on the SNES game, but I like the doubledash stage the best.

Print