Print

Author Topic: Why is wall jumping/kicking so satisfying?  (Read 38649 times)

« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2008, 10:25:36 PM »
Shadow was cool until he had his own game, I think. His arrogance in Sonic Adventure 2 only made me like Sonic more, which in turn made Shadow cool. Now he just...I dunno, sucks.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2008, 06:03:28 AM »
I think that his character had potential, but it was wasted somewhat; I mean, look at Knuckles. He used to be the numero uno Sonic rival (with the possible exception of Metal Sonic), but after the Adventure games he basically became Tails II. Shadow is looking more and more like going the same way, unfortunately; I haven't seen enough of Silver to judge his transformation; Blaze somewhat works in her current role, but also, like Shadow, has a lot of potential that could be used (really liked how she was portrayed in Sonic Rush); and even Metal Sonic did a heroic deed in Sonic Rivals 2, though one could interpret that as Eggman forcing him to.

Anyway, I find wall jumping satisfying because I know I'll never be able to do it in real life and that sheer moment of awesomeness is as close as I'll ever get to the real thing. \=|
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2008, 10:02:49 AM »
Eggman turned partly good in Sonic Adventure 2.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »
Never to be a respectable villain ever again.

« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »
Dr. Robotnik is best when he's bad and just downright disappointing when he's good. It was fun for one game, but now they have Dr. Robotnik teaming up with the good guys every single game.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2008, 02:37:27 PM »
Glad they didn't do that with Bowser...

Wait...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2008, 08:10:04 PM »
People don't hate Shadow so much as hate the people who love him and would die for his honor.

To be perfectly relevant, wall jumping was introduced in the Adventure series. It was overly flashy of course and not in the least satisfying. I guess that last sentence sums up the Sonic series as a whole. :/

« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2008, 04:21:48 AM »
Never to be a respectable villain ever again.

Apparently BioWare (the minds behind Chronicles) are hoping to make Eggman a more respectable villain again.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2008, 08:53:03 AM »
Shadow did die at the end of the Sonic series.  Remember he help sonic stop the ARK from hitting earth and at the end his power ran out and he was sucked out into space towards earth.  The last thing he said was "Maria, is this what you wanted?".  It was very sad and I was depressed for the rest of the day.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »
Well, the last time I checked this topic, it was a discussion about the hottest video game character, so I bailed.  Now, you guys are talking about Shadow... 'Wonder how that little evolution occurred.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »
Glad they didn't do that with Bowser...

Wait...

That only happens in the RPGs, and he's usually annoyed or reluctant about it.

Apparently BioWare (the minds behind Chronicles) are hoping to make Eggman a more respectable villain again.

Which is why he's a playable character.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:48 PM »
Are you implying that Shadow isn't the hottest game character of all time? I mean, just look at him! He's so... melancholy.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2008, 02:20:13 AM »
Which is why he's a playable character.

I just saw the YouTube vid that's proof, so hopefully BioWare are skilled enough to pull this off.

Print