Print

Author Topic: Should Waluigi just die?  (Read 59572 times)

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 05:50:41 PM »
Funny, my brother and dad used to play Mario Superstar Baseball sometimes, and my dad was interested in Waluigi because he'd never seen him before. He mentioned that he was at a gathering (forget whether it was a party or a golf retreat or what) and one of the other fathers played a Mario sports game with his son, and they soon were talking about Waluigi. This actually inspired a username I used at another website, "Meister Waluigi". I would've used Reading if I'd planned on staying there longer, but as it turned out, I'm still there, and had my username changed a long time ago. :P Looks like Waluigi was a bit of a phenomenon for a while.

I don't mind Waluigi; I mean, whether they do it or not, he always has the potential for character development. Also, wasn't he in one of the microgames in Wario Ware: Smooth Moves? I haven't played that game, but I remember hearing it somewhere...
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 07:39:08 PM »
Rosalina, maybe Daisy, and all the babies sans M/L can die for all I care, but give me more Waluigi any day.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 08:07:06 PM »
Rosalina is the best new character since E. Gadd.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 08:15:11 PM »
Rosalina...can die for all I care
|:-|

To take a leaf from Captain Jim's book.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 01:30:18 AM »
Rosalina...can die for all I care, but give me more Waluigi any day.

You best be trollin' boy.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 06:53:18 AM »
Rosalina is nothing short of awesome. She's a great addition to the Mario series. Waluigi, at this point anyway, might as well be fecal matter floating around.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2009, 10:22:37 AM »
Rosalina is the most attractive addition to Mario since N64 Era Daisy. She should never die.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 03:53:03 PM »
I could care less if the Mario series ever has another "attractive" character.  Also, to clarify, Waluigi is rather pointless as a spinoff character, but has an easily developable personality.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »
Walugi is by far the most awkward character to be added to the Mario series. It's like Nintendo ran out of ideas when choosing him of something.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »
These comics validate Waluigi's existence. http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/comic151.html

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 11:19:52 PM »
00000003, 00000015, 00000016 are the truly funny ones there.

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2009, 04:03:39 PM »
You know, technically, Waluigi did die..

The end of Super Mario Galaxy had the universe recreate itself. In fact, I think it's safe to assume that the entire Mario cast bit the dust at that point in time..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2009, 11:24:17 PM »
I like Waluigi.  I know he hasn't really done anything other than play roster filler, and Wario's Luigi/Luigi's Wario, but because his character is so flat, it has potential for expansion.  I don't want him to have a playable role in a non-spinoff, but I would like to see him as a supporting character or cameo in an RPG, Wario Ware, or Wario Land someday.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2009, 12:48:07 AM »
Just die, Waluigi. :\
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Sqrt2

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2009, 02:42:18 AM »
Daisy has been in more than just spinoffs though (at least one more..) Remember Super Mario Land? That's one more than Waluigi has had.

And what exactly has she done since then (apart from playing tennis and the like)? Even Tangata (the alien who kidnapped her in SML) has had more 'main game' appearences than her (as the boss of the Space Zone in SML2).

So in that respect she's pretty much the female version of Waluigi.

Anyway, I fail to see why Nintendo didn't just shoehorn him into one of the WarioWare games...I mean, it'd make sense (more than some of the WarioWare gang at any rate).
AA fanboy and proud!

Print