Print

Author Topic: Should Waluigi just die?  (Read 59578 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2009, 11:32:29 AM »
Why is the word for a cheap joke the same word for a way to choke somebody? Well, what do you get when you combine "cheap" and "joke"?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2009, 11:59:26 AM »
I blame Charles Shultz.

Ironically adults WERE eventually given faces. Watch "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown (and don't come back!)" for proof.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2009, 02:45:50 PM »
Bon Voyage Charile Brown and the other specials are considered non-canon with the Peanuts comics. So nyer.

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2009, 07:02:32 PM »
You're a cruel gag. 9_9

Now, I may not be a big fan of Tv_Themes either, but let's not go bashing him in his own topic. I know I'm not a mod or anything, but can I just say that I feel you're taking it overboard? Thank you.

No offense, Tv_Themes. Some of your topics/things that you talk about are cool, but the rest have been kinda meh. Don't let my opinion affect you. I'm just some random internet user.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Jman

• Score
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2009, 01:36:55 AM »
I think Waluigi is funny, especially during the Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour intro.  Also, I've played Warioware Touched and consider it one of the better DS games I've touched (no pun intended).
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2009, 11:22:48 AM »
As ive said on other forums, i never knew so many people hated him.

I like him. He's awesome.

I dont want them to just cast away a character anyway, even if i didnt like them.
Exite bots: trick racing [1333-5567-2647] Though i doubt any one else on this site has this game.
Super smash bros. Brawl [0903-9562-0486]

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2009, 06:19:07 PM »
It just occured to me that he looks like the Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons, not that has anything to do with whether he should stay or not.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2009, 09:28:49 PM »
And, in turn the Bowler Hat Guy looks like Dastardly Dick (who I believe Waluigi was compared to around here at some point) or whoever, or one of those guys who ties women to railroad tracks. I think Waluigi's appearance is kind of based on that, uh, "look".

On a briefly off-topic note, is Meet the Robinsons any good?

« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2009, 01:48:52 AM »
His name is so uncreative.  Waluigi?  Why not Waligi?  I mean, it sounds dumb still, but they didn't name Wario Wamario.  I mean, just stupid.  He's not in any real mario games though, so I don't really mind him.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2009, 11:01:22 AM »
Will your second post be about how you hate Mario is Missing and feel like telling the whole world?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »
I think I can agree with most people in this topic. Waluigi is a funny character and not meant to be taken seriously, so I have nothing against him. I don't really see how one can harbor such hatred for something so insignificant. I could see if Nintendo decided to make an entire game starring Waluigi and it turned out to be really terrible, then I could understand hating him so much. But as it stands, Waluigi is basically just one big joke. There's nothing to really hate about him. He has a stupid name? Fine, that's a fair assessment. They made him up just for spinoffs? Okay, it's true. But none of these complaints are really anything I could see someone truly feeling that strongly about him. Since Mario Tennis on N64 I've never liked Waluigi in particular, but I don't dislike the guy. He's just sorta there doing his own thing while I play as Luigi and Boo and Daisy most of the time.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »
Will your second post be about how you hate Mario is Missing and feel like telling the whole world?

Side Note: I actually like Mario is Missing.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
That explains a lot.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »
Side Note: I actually like Mario is Missing.

The only thing good bout the game is the cathcy music.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2009, 04:56:54 PM »
Mario is Missing will always have a special place in my heart. I was pretty lousy at games as a kid, and I also liked Luigi a lot more than Mario. Then one day at the game rental place that we often frequented, we found a game starring Luigi. That and the fact that I could play it, and that it helped me out a couple times when playing along with Jeopardy, were enough to make me rent it probably upwards of twenty times, until I finally beat it on the day it was due back that twenty-somethingth time. And one day while we were there to pick it up again, we found Mario RPG, my mom and I got hooked on it, and we went out and bought it soon afterward. I have a hard time going back to Mario is Missing now, but I'll never abandon it. And yes, the music is awesome.

I wish someone would make a sequel to Mario is Missing that was more of an actual game. It could still have the quiz questions and stuff, but with actual levels. And more emphasis on the "figuring out where you are so you can send Yoshi there" element, with a lot more difficulty to it.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print