Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163862 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2009, 07:23:44 PM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2009, 08:11:55 PM »
Soon, people will start claiming that Mario is a member of the Bloods because his hat and shirt happens to be red.

Oh wait...

« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:21:14 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2009, 08:14:37 PM »

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »

FRITOSFRITOSFRITOS

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2009, 08:37:23 PM »
This thread is now about Mario being Mexican, all because I said the heavily Mexican themed Mega Mushroom was a racial stereotype.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 08:45:28 PM »
I lost multiple times.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2009, 09:12:53 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2009, 09:25:47 PM »

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 09:47:47 PM »
This thread is now about Mario being Mexican, all because I said the heavily Mexican themed Mega Mushroom was a racial stereotype.

How is the Mega Mushroom Mexican themed? Just because the Mega Mushroom has a big spotted top it doesn't mean that it's referring to a sombrero. If you can call the Mega Mushroom Mexican themed, then you can call everything else red and yellow colored a racial stereotype.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 09:59:23 PM »
heavily Mexican themed

Nothing about the Mega Mushroom is deliberately Mexican-themed. Its colouration is simply a homage to the yellow-and-red Super Mushrooms of Super Mario Bros., and its size refers to its gargantuan transformation capabilities. Compare:

Besides, nowhere in NSMB is it implied that the Mega Mushroom speaks Spanish or is on welfare.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 10:02:50 PM by Weegee »

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 10:02:09 PM »
How is the Mega Mushroom Mexican themed? Just because the Mega Mushroom has a big spotted top it doesn't mean that it's referring to a sombrero. If you can call the Mega Mushroom Mexican themed, then you can call everything else red and yellow colored a racial stereotype.

Did anyone see the Brawl in the Family comic I posted? That explains it all.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2009, 10:08:02 PM »

FRITOSFRITOSFRITOS

I lost.

Anyway, I think Flying Mario was great. It was a P-wing-like version of the Wing Cap, I just wish it was in more places than the hub and the Gateway. On a related note: Fire Mario in SMG shouldn't have had a time limit. Often it was too short, and the place I needed to get far away..

I think the Penguin Suit is also a good idea, but maybe would have been better off as a re-color moreso than a suit (like the Fire outfit).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2009, 10:32:22 PM »
But how could Mario swim through extremely cold water with basic plumbers clothes?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2009, 10:35:59 PM »
I lost multiple times.
You're not alone.

Note: My last post was, in a way, cut short, as I was posting on my Wii and abruptly had to stop for something. Anyway, to continue, I'm with BP as far as his opinion on game names (this one's in particular), but I'd like to add that despite all its issues, glaring and otherwise, I think the four-person multiplayer really is reason enough to get NSMBW. I have no problem with Super Toads and lame suits so long as this game is what it seems to be: The Mario series's answer to Four Swords.

My main beef, actually, is that both it and SMG2 are the last two console/portable Mario games with different level design and Yoshi thrown in.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2009, 10:37:56 PM »
How can he jog through snow drifts with basic plumbers clothes? How can he run through castles full of fire with basic plumbers clothes? How can he do all the amazing things that he does with basic plumbers clothes?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print