Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 164911 times)

« Reply #570 on: December 21, 2009, 11:57:47 PM »
Well, that, and to not just have Mario gawk like an idiot whenever one of the Koopalings is escaping.

Didn't he also do that in SMB3/SMW when they were defeated? Just stood there waiting on the wand to drop or the score to tally (side note: did he know that we only beat Larry in SMW with like 5 seconds on the timer?)

I would've hung out for a minute and made sure they were defeated. It's obvious now that they are immune to lava. The second half of the Bowser fight in this game proves that (well, it proves that Bowser is anyway).

edit: I meant to put the spoiler tags in in the first place. That's what I get for posting with lack of sleep..

edit2: Cross Eyed is right. I shouldn't post when my insomnia kicks in. I make no sense..
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 04:46:53 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #571 on: December 22, 2009, 04:00:38 AM »
Yeah, but when they were dead, they were dead.
Formerly quite reasonable.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #572 on: December 22, 2009, 02:46:44 PM »
If that's a spoiler, then... I don't know. Nevermind.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #573 on: December 22, 2009, 04:44:50 PM »
I thought the second part was a bit more spoilery than the first one.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #574 on: December 23, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »
No, like Bowser, they'll come back in a later Mario game. Or in the Koopalings' case, in a game 10 years from now.

Uh, Mario wasn't gawking in SMB3 or SMW. He was just standing there with the same face as always. He can be dodging cannonballs and he still looks smug. It's like he knows we're Power Players and we'll safely get him through each level.
You didn't say wot wot.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #575 on: December 24, 2009, 03:58:31 PM »
So apparently there's a bongo track for the Starman theme... but... I never remember there being a level which had both Yoshi and a Starman in it. What level is it in?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #576 on: December 24, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
Maybe in a level where you can use a Starman at the world map and keep a chain going until you get to Yoshi.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #577 on: December 25, 2009, 12:19:37 AM »
Hmm, I don't remember any levels having chained Starmen that included Yoshi.

« Reply #578 on: December 25, 2009, 01:45:24 AM »
It could be done in 1-3, since Yoshi is so close to the start of the level.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #579 on: December 25, 2009, 06:29:14 PM »
That's what I was thinking. I guess it wouldn't last too long in that case.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #580 on: December 26, 2009, 07:07:27 PM »
I got this game on Christmas, and I love it so much! Nintendo did a really good job on combining elements from many Mario games.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #581 on: December 28, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »
I really think this is the best mario game i've played sense super mario rpg on the super nes. I like how they used a combination of elements from several old school mario games. Such as: the mushroom houses from smb3, yoshi from smw, and the ability to throw items like in doki doki panic. Overall I was very impressed with new super mario bros. wii
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 07:08:49 PM by pacmancdi »

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #582 on: January 03, 2010, 12:25:24 PM »
Apparently it's so awesome that it completely removed that thing called a period on your keyboard.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #583 on: January 03, 2010, 01:47:29 PM »
This is where I'd make an "I wish Mario would remove my period" joke if I were a woman.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #584 on: January 03, 2010, 10:27:27 PM »
Dur hur hur hur hur hur hur.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

Print