Print

Author Topic: New Super Mario Brothers Wii  (Read 163823 times)

« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »
The unsightly red bar covering the box's lower quarter makes it hideous. Oh, and so do the Toads.

Say, could that unfortunate Goomba's position mark the return of infinite Goomba-spawning pipes?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2009, 04:41:23 PM »
I hope each different colored Yoshi has a different power.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2009, 05:22:55 PM »
I hope that whoever first suggested blue and yellow Toads to be playable in this game dies a slow, agonizing death.

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »
I don't like that huge amount of red at the bottom of the cover. It takes up a lot of space and looks awful below the rest of the cover.

Still buying it though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2009, 05:41:11 PM »
It's a tentative box art.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2009, 06:18:00 PM »
1 The Toads never were placeholders.
2 Yeah that red on the lower third of the box is pretty annoying but it almost makes it seem kind of oldschool.
That was a joke.

« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
I still don't get what everyone's problem is with the toads.

Is it really so surprising to see the Mushroom Kingdom's citizens help the Mario Brothers?

« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »
People just wanted some other big name characters to fill in those spots. Mainly Peach, the original Toad, Wario or Waluigi.

I can understand the first two since it would make sense and be a nice throwback to SMB2, but Wario and Waluigi? Wario has his own two series now, he's hardly got a reason to piggyback off these titles anymore (and i honestly thought he was the worst character in SM64DS). Waluigi is...Waluigi, lets leave it at that.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2009, 08:13:53 PM »
They could've just thrown the familiar red Toad in with the Bros and awkwardly released it as a three-player title.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2009, 09:42:36 PM »
"The" Toad and Peach are the ones I wanted. Although these days I'm not entirely sure "the" Toad even exists anymore.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2009, 10:45:37 PM »
"The" Toad has had a role in Super Smash Bros. since Peach's inception.

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2009, 12:04:20 AM »
Pink Yoshi?  Is that an error, or are they including more than four varieties?
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2009, 08:53:01 AM »
For God's sake, Peach is kidnapped!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2009, 10:34:26 AM »
That's no excuse.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2009, 11:08:27 AM »
It just dawned on me.

We haven't seen any of the Koopalings since Morton...

Hope that stereotyped midget clone of Bowser's didn't kill them again.

Print