Print

Author Topic: Ideas for future Mario games  (Read 6590 times)

« on: April 11, 2010, 10:45:55 AM »
Hello, this is my first topic in this forum, i hope that you will like it.

This topic is dedicated for discussion about future Mario games and possible ideas for them as the title says.

My ideas are as follows:

Idea no. 1: More story development, i think that most recent mario games solely focused on the story and not the characters, and thus i think that they should make a mario game that should also focus on the characters, possibly also showing us a new side of the mushroom world that we have never seen before.

Idea no. 2 Energy ball puzzles, these puzzles involves guiding an energy ball send by an emitter to the receptor through various means, i think that these puzzles would introduce a new change of pace to the games, or something like that, also, these puzzles would work well when applied to the super mario galaxy engine.

And that is all of the ideas for now, feel free to submit your own ideas for this topic, and this is also my first topic, so be nice okay.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »
Mario has travelled through Time & Space. I wonder what more he could do.

Perhaps the Game Overthinker was truly onto something when he proposed a Mario/Zelda crossover.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 07:30:49 PM »
How about Yoshi's Safari 2?  It would work well with the Wii remote.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:05:37 PM »
If it had to be a game that used the Wii remote:
- Yoshi's Safari 2. That sounds good.
- Mario Bandstand Wii. A competent version of Wii Music because Mario makes anything fun.
- Mario Paint Wii. Give us the Mario Artist thing we were promised for the 64DD that never came to the US.

And if not:
- Yoshi's Island Wii. The good stuff of Yoshi's Island (everything), plus the graphics of Yoshi's Story.
- Game & Watch Gallery Wii. Every single Game & Watch game. Classic and modern versions. That's how Mario gets worked into it, via the modern versions.
- Super Smash Rampage: Mario Tour. Get Bowser and King Dedede and other villains smashing the Mushroom Kingdom and other Nintendo landmarks.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »
Yoshi's Safari 2. Optional "gore mode". 'Nuff said.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »
Yoshi's Safari 2. Optional "gore mode". 'Nuff said.
Okay, so it will be the "Shoot People in the Face" mock videogame all over again since you'll just want to blast Yoshi's noggin which is a few inches away from you.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:57:28 PM »
Pretty much everything penguinwizard said, plus a handheld game that's a cross between Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe.  About time we see another classic-Mario remake, as practically all of the existing ones are stellar.  Heck, even the original Paper Mario could stand a port/deluxe version.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 12:59:37 AM »
I have an idea:

Make the in-game character models (and the whole game in general, really) look as nice as.....

For reference and comparison, I'm including Mario's in-game Galaxy 2 model:

...these sequences.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 01:22:55 AM »
New Super Mario Land

New Super Mario Land 2
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Sqrt2

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 04:44:43 PM »
Put Daisy in a non-spin off game, and bring back some of the older villians (Tangata and Wart, for example).
AA fanboy and proud!

Print