Print

Author Topic: The New Mario YouTube Video Requests/Challenges Thread  (Read 8763 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: May 07, 2010, 10:26:53 PM »
Hey everyone! Since my other topic is so old, I decided to create a new one. I'm pretty much available most of the time nowadays, so I might be making more videos than usual. Now to reiterate what I said in the original topic:

This is the thread to suggest/tell me any challenges or requests you'd like to see me make a video of. I'll consider every request or challenge put up on here, but I might not do some of them. Please don't suggest anything impossible (Beating the Flipside Pit of 100 Trials in under 10 minutes) or very long (Super Mario Sunshine 100% speedrun, beating the Pit of 100 Trials, collecting every coin in Super Mario Bros.). The requests must be strictly Mario-related and from a Mario game. Also, I don't have all the Mario games, so I won't be able to do some requests, sorry. In addition, please don't request too many challenges because I don't usually have too much time on my hands and I might take a while to complete only one request. You have my sincerest apologies for that.

This is the list of Mario games I won't take requests for:

Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars
Paper Mario
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time
Super Paper Mario
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 11:52:18 PM »
Would beating Bowser in SMB3 as Frog Mario be too tedious? If not, then... yeah.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 03:09:31 PM »
Do you want me to just beat Bowser? If so, I'll probably start recording later today. Also, would you prefer the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros. 3 or the original version?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 03:17:59 PM »
I had the entire castle in mind, actually. The version doesn't matter at all.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 07:27:58 PM »
Sure thing. I was going to do the whole castle anyway. I'll do it on the SMAS version because I find it more appealing.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 09:26:30 AM »
I actually found some videos on YouTube that have already done this. Do you think you can think of another challenge that hasn't been done before? I'm sorry, but I usually like putting up more original videos.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 03:45:53 PM »
Whoops, I should've checked. I'll get back to you later, then.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
Do you take requests for ROM hacks?  If so, I've always wanted to see you play Kaizo Mario World.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »
No. I don't take requests for ROM hacks, sorry. Even if I did, I wouldn't do one for that, haha.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 06:22:15 PM »
Okay... how about... doing the Plinko Board level in Super Mario Sunshine in one fall?  That is, get all the red coins before falling back down to the bottom.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 07:21:53 PM »
That's a great challenge! I'll definitely work towards completing that. Thanks!

EDIT: Is it okay if I start from the bottom first?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:26:07 PM by Kimimaru »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »
Sure, start from wherever.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 07:37:57 PM »
Okay, but if I start from the bottom, can I go back to the very bottom and continue from there?

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 07:46:51 PM »
As long as you don't die or fall into the back of the machine that sends you forcibly back to the start, then I guess that's okay.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2010, 07:59:59 PM »
Okay. One more question: What if I go up from the back of the machine and then go down? Will that count?

Print