Print

Author Topic: Mario Reference  (Read 1548 times)

« on: January 13, 2002, 02:12:53 PM »
On the show the Mighty Ducks, Phil, the ducks' manager, messes around with the ducks' computer and opens up Space Zombies and plays sounds like going down a warp pipe, collecting a coin, Mario jumping, etc.

Eeeeettts a me! Baby Mario! Honk Honk Honk!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2002, 10:17:16 AM »
Aren't those sounds copyrighted by Nintendo?

Also, in the Mario Bros. movie, when King Koopa (Bowser) talks to the policemen on his video-screen, you can hear sound effects of Mario climbing a vine, 1-Up Mushrooms, and Fireballs.

Also, you can hear the Fireball effects when the Mario Bros. power up their Somper Boots:

Pluck, pluck, pluck, Bloop!

That last effect is from Super Mario Bros. 1, when small Mario gets hit by an enemy and dies!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICROSFT: Nintendo is so old, you should retire! You will fall to the wrath of Microsoft!

NINTENDO: Well, at least WE know how to make good games! Long live Nintendo!

SONY: I like cheese...
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2002, 03:37:36 PM »
Wow! A Mario cameo in a Mario movie... what are the odds?

Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend. Do it in the name of heaven, you can justify it in the end. There won''t be any trumpets blowing come the judgement day. On the bloody morning after, one tin soldier rides away..

Print