Print

Author Topic: Where is Mario From?  (Read 21317 times)

« on: January 19, 2002, 02:44:19 PM »
     Where is Mario From? Is he from Brooklin? The Mushroom Kingdom? Or Yoshi's Island? Does anybody know? If so please reply with the truth or your opinion.

(My two favorite worlds in Super Mario Brothers 3 are PipeLand and DarkLand. PipeLand is chalenging. It''s for experinced players. DarkLand is the final world. There is two Tanks, one LavaShip, and one DoomShip to go through before you get to Bowser''s Castle. Them two worlds are the most changing.) (Please join Mario Survivor in the Story Board)

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2002, 03:48:14 PM »
well im 80% sure that they are from The Mushroom Kingdom, were there parents lived. Then the whole stork, yoshi's island, Baby Bowser thing started and when Mario and Luigi got home there parents were very worried because Bowser's father Morton Sr. still ruled Dark Land and was not afraid to come hunt someone down if they even touched his son. So they sent them to Brooklen to keep them safe. Sadly the parents died from one  of Morton Sr 's last envations. This is also the time when Morton Sr. died and Bowser took over a few years later.

This is my answer to were the twins come from. It makes compleat sence... it even goes along woth all the games and the movie perfectly.

P.S. for more questions/answers about Mario or Luigi's past present or future please contact me at zeldaaman67@hotmail.com or visit my website (e-mail me and ask for more about that)

Man 1: I must say we have a very exiting proposal.

Man 2: A video game bassed on your many adventures.

Man 1: What would you call it?

Iggy and Spike:..... "The Super Koopa Cousins!"
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2002, 03:56:59 PM »
  Whoever thought that Mario and Luigi were from Brooklyn has some real problems.  That stupid Mario movie isn't factual to the Mario series.  Just because the movie says their from Brooklyn, doesn't mean they are!!
 YOSHI!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2002, 03:59:39 PM »
I'm 100% sure that Mario and Luigi are from the Mushroom Kingdom. That's where most of the games take place.

I''m-a Luigi, number one!
 I''''m-a Luigi, number one!

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2002, 05:22:45 PM »
Everything says they're from Brooklyn! Even the Super Mario 64 player's guide! It's simple. I was going to put this on my argument site, but I never got around to it. It's simple. There is a town in Italy, near Mount Vesuvius, called Pompei. Now, in Pompei, there is a section of mushroom-shaped buildings. Now, if you don't believe me, and you get NJN, every so often they have a show on called "Visions of Italy: Southern Style", which is basically just a helicopter flying around Italy with a camera attached to it, in hopes to raise money for NJN. (the video is over $900) Okay, so anyway, at the end of Super Mario World 2, it shows a delivery bird (yes, not the stork. everyone knows how babies really come into existance) delivering the Mario babies to the mushroom neighborhood in Pompei. Mr. and Mrs. Mario then take the babies and move to Brooklyn, New York, and 20-something years later, Mario and Luigi warp into the paralell universe, using a breach in the space-time continuum called a "Warp Pipe". And that is that.

Edited by - frostbite on 6/20/2002 8:54:53 PM

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2002, 05:27:53 PM »
Mario and Luigi ARE NOT from Brooklyn!!!!!!  In case you didn't notice, the Mario games don't take place in the real world!!!!

ps: IT'S CALLED YOSHI'S ISLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOSHI!!!
 YOSHI!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2002, 06:11:22 PM »
Here's something I want to set straight. The Super Mario Bros. movie has almost nothing to do with the Mario games (Luigi with a backwards hat and no mustache?!) The movie just contains a few references to the Mario world but does not actually take place inside it or have anything to do with it. It was just Nintendo's way of earning a little extra money. If you ask me, the Mario Brothers have never been in the real world and therefore can't live in Brooklyn.

P.S. It can't be Yoster's Island because it says "Yoshi's Island" on the cartridge and in the game.

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2002, 06:17:59 PM »
Even if you don't believe they've ever been to Brooklyn, YOU'RE FORGETING MARIO IS MISSING! !

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2002, 09:05:28 PM »
Mario is Missing wasn't really a true Mario game though. You couldn't even lose when you fought the bosses. Also, it was educational.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2002, 11:58:20 AM »
I'm not acactly shure where there from. But in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show series. If you look at the title song (Not the shows title song. The one they use when they go to the cartoons.) It shows them working on a bathtub drain. (Since they are plumbers.) Then they get washed down into the Mushroom Kingdom. Also it looks like there in Brooklin (or at least some city.) in the movies around the cartoons. But then a while later Nintendo makes Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island and they are Babies, it makes them look like there from Yoshi's island. I don't think there from the Mushroom Kingdom. I think they got there through that warp pipe and desided to stay (probably to keep Peach safe from Bowser. And to make shure there safe from outhere vilains as well. Besides after saving Peach they became hero's. Why would they whant to go back if they are hero's?) It makes the most since. But then that whole Yoshi's Island thing came around and messed with it and now it's very confusing. Please ****ine to reply.

(My two favorite worlds in Super Mario Brothers 3 are PipeLand and DarkLand. PipeLand is chalenging. It''s for experinced players. DarkLand is the final world. There is two Tanks, one LavaShip, and one DoomShip to go through before you get to Bowser''s Castle. Them two worlds are the most changing.) (Please join Mario Survivor in the Story Board)

Edited by - MagicKoopa120 on 1/20/2002 10:03:14 AM

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2002, 01:55:44 PM »
I'm gonna have to agree with the Brooklyn thing. Nothing actually says they were born in the Mushroom Kingdom, and it would make more sense for them to have been born in Brooklyn, then warp into the Mushroom Kingdom.

-------
*Blows horn*
"Please make way, for the greatest, most stupendest person of all, the one the only, Danorek Benjamin Weiless III!"
"Oh, shut up!"
I''m surrounded by morons.

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2002, 02:07:55 PM »
Frostbite's Pompei theory sounds really nice, and if you remember, both the Donkey Kong and Mario Bros. Arcade games took place in Brooklyn.Basically, in Mario Bros., I think they were working down there in the sewer, and when they saw weird creatures coming from the pipes, they knew something wasn't right!  Then they heard the Princess scream from dow in the pipe, and decided to check it out.  Maybe they thought there was a woman trapped down there.  Imagine the Mario Brothers' surprise when they fell down the pipe only to see a huge Mushroom Kingdom spread out before them!  (The whole thing is just really, really cool.  I think the Mario games have a great story behind them!)
What'chu talkin' bout, Dextah?

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2002, 02:31:31 PM »
People are finally agreeing with me! That's great!!

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2002, 03:02:33 PM »
I think my story makes even more sence.

Mario and Luigi were born in the Mushroom kingdom. After the whole thing with the stork and baby bowser, the twins parents were afraid because baby bowser would probaly tell his father Morton Sr. and then Morton Sr. would try to kill the Bros. and there parents. They that they had to smuggle the twins over to the other demention. They got speicle promishtion from the king to do so. After the twins were left at orfen place. The twins grew up and went into the contruction buisness. Thats when Mario met Donkey Kong. After that the bros went into the plumbing buisness... they continued on like that for a few years and they both became skilled plumbers. Then Monsters started comeing out of the pipes. Finaly when that was settled the bros envestigated the pipes that the creatures were comeing from. They the got sucked in one of the pipes and it led that to the Mushroom World. After Mario and Luigi deffeated Bowser the first time they lerned more about there past. They learned all about Bowser and his Father and all about there parents. Sadly the bros. found out the there parents died soon after they were smuggled over to Brooklen. Morton Sr. had found out about the bros. he envaded the Mushroom kingdom. The king was ready for it this time and he stopped Morton Sr. in his tracks, were he also died. After the bros. found out about this they decided that they would stay and protect the Mushroom World.

There know doesent that make more sence theb Frostbites story?

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2002, 03:20:07 PM »
No. No it doesn't.

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2002, 04:14:56 PM »
Frostbite your out of your leage... I dare you to say one thing that does not make sence and i will answer it... I am the master of Mario's past present and future.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2002, 05:44:19 PM »
A man, taking a leisurely stroll through the jungle, accidently awakens a tiger. The tiger starts to chase him, so he runs to the edge of a cliff, and starts to climb down a vine. Below him, he sees another tiger. Then, two mice, one white and one black, start chewing on the vine. It will break soon. The man then notices a ripe, red berry growing in an alcove in the cliff. He reachs over and picks the berry and eats it. How delicious and sweet it is.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2002, 06:03:48 PM »
what the heck are you talking about frosbite? "how delicious and sweet it is"?.... i thought this was about where mario came from. i could'nt care less where they came from, i just play the game. but miyamoto got the idea for mario from one of the suply workers at nintendo (not sure if his name was mario or not) and he liked pasta.
stop your grinnin'' and drop your linen!

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2002, 06:10:30 PM »
red_yoshi said that he wanted me to tell him something that doesn't make sense, and he would make sense of it. So, I gave him a Zen riddle.

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2002, 06:20:59 PM »
(i've heard this one before!) the answer is: he wanted one last meal before he died.
stop your grinnin'' and drop your linen!

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2002, 07:14:15 PM »
I think red_yoshie's therie made some since. You should turn it into a Story on the Story Bord:)

Edited by - MagicKoopa120 on 1/20/2002 5:15:41 PM

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2002, 08:33:20 AM »
They're definitely from Brooklyn. Forgetting the film, I'm sure there were references in the cartoons and Super Show, and magazines etc.

Cheers,

Matt

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice? Oh, I can''t take it any more!
You got a toilet in there? "No, toilet in tower. Tower!"
Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2002, 06:35:37 PM »
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm really 100% positive they come somewhere from the universe.
 n/a

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2002, 03:51:52 PM »
According to SuperMarioWorld 2:Yoshi's Island
Mario was born on Yoshi's Island

0ld gamez ruleâ„¢
 ____ _
|SMB3|=|
|(^^)|=|
>____|=|ownz
-SSJoel3k

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2002, 06:00:20 PM »
Well, actually, the stork was attacked while it was flying to Brooklyn, and Kamek attacked it over Yoshi's Island. So when Yoshi rescued the stork in YI, it flew them over to Brooklyn.

It's definitely Brooklyn because of SMB:SS, the original NES games and the film.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2002, 06:14:33 PM »
That sounds reasonable.

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2002, 07:16:44 PM »
I didn't think there was so much controversy attached to this. I think Frostbite's theory, is very accurate(except the Yoster Island thing). I personally believe that yoshi's Island is a chain of islands...

Junkian: By George kimo sabies! your smashed up freind soon be like new with ninety day warranty!
Yeah, your like an inch away from my face and it is REALLY creepin'' me out.

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2002, 09:12:25 AM »
The Mario brothers ARE from Brooklyn. Miyamoto has said so. Simple as that, eh?

-TurtleTek
http://turtletek.botic.com

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2002, 04:57:42 PM »
Mario is from the Mushroom kingdom he was born there! You might not know if you haven't played the greatest game of all time Yoshies Island!

Mario and Yoshi rule!
Should I put something here?

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2002, 07:02:18 PM »
what about my theory.... They were born in the Mushroom kingdom but when they got home, their parents were so worried that Bowser or Bowser's Father would try to kill them that they had to send them to the Brooklen. Then when the bro's were adults they got sucked into a secret World the Mushroom kingdom (see long post for more about this)plus not only does this make sence whith every Mario ttle out there it also makes sence whith the Tv shows!

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2002, 07:57:04 PM »
For goodness sake, learn your Mario info Frostbite!  Since I don't want to repeat Red_Yoshi's words, I simply will have to say I agree with him.

There, that's enough.

Welcome to Wariokart!!!!
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2002, 08:11:59 PM »
I agree with red_yoshi that seems to fit along really good! I think it is the best theroy!

Mario and Yoshi rule!

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2002, 02:39:55 PM »
HAVE YOU PEOPLE GONE MAD????????????????????????????????????????????????????? THAT IS THE STUPIDEST THEORY EVER!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2002, 04:19:29 PM »
Frostbite have you been frostbitten too much? red_yoshi has many good points! Oh nothing you ever say makes scence! You are out of your leuage! red_yoshi is right!!!

Mario and Yoshi rule!

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2002, 04:44:19 PM »
Uh..I have to agree with Frostbite on this one. ..I even have to echo his desperate cry for everyone else's sanity.

If what Red_Yoshi says makes so much sense, would someone that can type like an adult and express their thoughts in complete sentences please sum-up Red_Yoshi's Mario theory? Maybe when we can understand just what it is, Frostbite and I might just agree. For now, I don't see a grain of sense in what Red_Yoshi has said.

-TurtleTek
http://turtletek.botic.com

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2002, 05:59:26 PM »
Im very sorry but the last time i typed this i was in a hurry... here i will re type it.

Mario and Luigi were both born in the Mushroom Kingdom. As a stork was carrying the twins over Yoshi's Island to their parents. Kamek was on Yoshi's Island at the time taking care of little Baby Bowser. A starnge feeling came over Kamek as the starok fkew up above. He had a vision of great desaster for the royal koopa family. Kamek flew up and attacked the stork. Kamek tried to grab both Mario and Luigi but when he got back down to the ground he relised he had only gotten one of them. Mario had fallen to the part of the Island called Yoshi's Island. At the time onme of the Yoshi's was walking by the beach when Mario landed on the Yoshi's back. For some odd reason the Yoshi could understand the baby. And the baby could understand the Yoshi. The Yoshi then noticed a yellow blanket in Mario's hands. This yoshi had never left his home on the island but it was standerd knowlage that if a young enfant of any race was carrying a yellow blanket it ment that it was a twin and that it was in the prosess of being deliverd (when it was deliverd the parents useualy stored the blanket somewere to keep it safe) to his/hers mother and father. Yoshi then got together all the Yoshi's on the island and one of them said he had seen a magi koopa with a very large and starnge looking Koopa baby on the east side of the island. Together the Yoshi's set out to rejoin the Baby with its twin and there parents. The Yoshi's travled for far and wide intill they finaly met up with Kamek and Baby Mario. The Yoshi's and Baby Bowser faught for a long time but eventualy the Yoshi's won. Baby Bowser and Kamek fled to another part of the island. The Yoshi's found little Luigi inside the castle. The Yoshi's contacted a local Stork who lived on the island, the Stork returned the Twins to there parents.
Little did the Yoshi's or the parents know that the Koopa that they faced on the island was the baby of Morton Sr. Koopa, who had been attacking the Mushroom kingdom with all of his minions for generations. Baby Bowser was sent to the Island because Morton wanted him to grow up in a place were he could study and learn in peice. Morton was very happy with the things Kamek had been saying in the weekly letter that Kamek sent Morton, intill he got the news that Bowser had been attacked and was not happy. Morton was furius and sent troops everywere looking for the twins and Mr. and Mrs. Mario. The twins parents got news from the king that one of Mortons minions had been caught sneeking into the Castle. He said that Morton was looking for a pair of newly born twins who had just been brought to there parents. After hearing this from the king the parets had to make the hardest desision of their lives... send the twins to the paralel demention. They had no other choice... so only one week after they had met there children sent them off to a strange world not knowing if they would ever see them again. Sadly just a day after the Twins were sent off Morton had come crashing into the village looking for the twins. The king tried to stop him but he still managed to take Mario and Luigi's parents away. Just befor they were out of sight the parents yelled there last words befor no one ever saw them again... " take care of Mario and Luigi They need to know that...." sadly the parents never got to  finish that sentence. Years past and in our demension the Mario bros were working as plumbers when all of a sudden strange creatures started coming out of the pipes in a under ground sewege system. The bros quickly got rid of the starnage creatures but when they finished they inspected the pipes more. suddenly they were both sucked into the Mushroom World.... And the reat is history....

P.S.This is only a small portion of the history of the Mario bros. For any more info and there past pesent and future please contact me at zeldaman67@hotmail.com i would be happy to answer all of your Mario related questions!

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2002, 08:41:54 PM »
So, the Mario brothers are tragic orphans?? This is pitiful. Their mom was even in an episode of the Super Show!

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2002, 07:29:37 PM »
Okay...why is everyone fighting about where Mario Mario and Luigi Mario were born? Don't respond to my question. They were born in Brooklyn. I should make a new sig.....

Ciao!- LuigiMario333
frostbite, destroy VidioGameConspericy!
*frostbite destroys him*
YAY!

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2002, 07:34:17 PM »
Why did you bring this up again it is uesless to debate without a disagreer like Frostbite...

Mario and Yoshi rule!
http://www.geocities.com/chauncey7175/Yoshies_Super_Island.html is a great Place for Yoshi! Ps.Visit the message board!

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2002, 10:43:23 PM »
I have come to a conclusion... everyone here is a retard if they believe red yohsi's rot! frostbite's theory is perfect! they where born in the mushroom kingdom,Pah!

Prepare yourself for the Great Beyond Mario!!!-Bowser
200 characters and nothing to say.

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2002, 09:41:02 AM »
  You're arguing with someone who doesn't even come here anymore (temperarilly).

YOSHI!!!
 YOSHI!!!

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2002, 08:49:57 PM »
Well, I'm back, for the weekends anyway..

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2002, 11:39:00 AM »
ummm brooklin is in europe not in mario's world
all i know his parents live in a toad house

00 boo : double o boo
visit my website at
00boo.tripod.com/00boo

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2002, 09:33:06 PM »
It was the Mushroom Kingdom and thats final!

Mario and Yoshi rule! The Nintendo Gamecube is the BEST Video Game System! X-Box is the worst! Member sence January,23,2002.

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2002, 09:56:37 PM »
Here's my thought:

The twins were born and there was an invasion. In hopes to be safe, the parents took the two and themselves and went though a hole in the space-time continum known to some people as "Warp Pipes" or "Worm Holes" (The first one if you're a Mario Fan, the 2nd if you're a science professor :D)
After that, ANOTHER invasion, this time from Bowser, had raided TMK. The parents told a delivery bird to send the babies to Yoshi's Island for safekeeping (Don't ask me how!)
Now we all know the Yoshi's Island story right, this is where it comes in.
When the bird brought the twins back...
"HEROES WERE BORN"

What does XD mean? I've seen it in Fungi Forums a lot.

BTW, I fixed my e-mail!!

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)

Edited by - GoldenYoshi on 6/6/2002 8:57:34 PM
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2002, 06:31:52 AM »
OK its simple... just trace Mario back to his roots... Donkey Kong. Even though he was called Jumpman he was Mario, this took place in NY where the giant gorrila kidnapped a blonde haired beauty (pauline) and carried up a building. (hey they could make a film out of this), then there came Mario Bros. this is all taken place in a pipe maze of sewers, so as you can see in the begining there was no Mushroom Kingdom, Brooklyn NY is where it all began, only when they found a warp pipe was the Mushroom Kingdom introduced... hope this clears it all up!!

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2002, 10:59:22 AM »
YES! YES! This is why I used to love this board so much! The arguments! ARGUMENTS! Oh, this is great! We will prove them wrong! WE WILL!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2002, 02:15:18 PM »
Very good point, Nintendoid! I guess Shigeru Miyamoto wasn't eating any of his 'shrooms when he made those first 2 games [Donkey Kong and Mario Bros.].

Mario is a drug addict. Why else would he be halucinating all the time after he eats mushrooms and stars? And what about those leaves that make him grow a raccoon tail? I bet Bowser put a secret 'potion' in those leaves...

------------------------------
"I am the mighty Shigeru Miyamoto! You will all bow down to me, for I am the God of videogames!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2002, 09:03:33 AM »
I think they are from Yoshi island. I think that because a baby fell from the sky and their Mario. Then again he could of fell from Brooklyn. I have no idea man
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2002, 06:19:27 AM »
Time to end this argument. Mario and Luigi ware born in Italy. They trained as plumbers there, but due to a lack of plumbing business in their region they had to emigrate to Brooklyn. Whilst on a plumbing job in Brooklyn, Mario and Luigi discovered a Warp Pipe to the Mushroom Kingdom, jumped down it, and everything went from there.

Yoshi's Island and the Mario movie mean nothing.

Mario is the only true path

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2002, 07:09:35 AM »
Then how do you explain the Yoshi's Island story?

I think Nintendo is just trying to confuse us... Those b*stards!

Here's my version:

Mario and Luigi were born in Italy. They lived a normal human life, like many of us do... but one day, there was a terrible storm, there were floods and fires all around the city. So to keep their children safe, Mario and Luig's parents moved to Brooklyn, New York and took up residence there. [Keep in mind that the Mario bros. are still babies]

Mario and Luigi discovered a warp pipe while they were watching their father fix some pipes in the bathroom. Unknowing of their destiny, Mario and Luigi crawled inside the pipe and were transported to Yoshi's Island, where a tribe of Yoshies found them and became their foster 'family'.

While at Yoshi's Island, Mario found out that the island was being invaded by an evil monster called Bowser [Bowser was a baby]. The Yoshies and the Mario bros. tried to escape during one of the invasions, but Luigi was snatched by Kamek, Baby Bowser's faithful Magikoopa servant.

Mario vowed to rescue his little brother, and set forth to do so with the help of the Yoshies. They eventually beat up Baby Bowser and rescued little Luigi.

Years later, when the Mario bros. are fully grown, the Yoshies decide that Mario and Luigi are old enough to return to their homeland in Brooklyn. But first, the Yoshies make them drink a special potion so they can forget their former lives on Yoshi's Island. Mario and Luigi then return to Brooklyn, where they find their original parents.

Their parents, as they discover, are being tormented by a hoard of creatures emerging from the pipes. So Mario and Luigi defeat all of the Koopa Troopas and Fighter Flies and save their house! As it turns out, Bowswer was the one behind the creature invasion...he had learned from Kamek what the Mario bros. future would be, and decided to try to kill them while they were most vulnerable.

One day, while repairing a pipe, Mario and Luigi were sucked down the bathroom drain that lead to the Mushroom Kingdom. There, they met King Toadstool, who said that his kingdom was being invaded by the monster Bowser [who was trying to take over the kingdom so he could be it's ruler]. Mario and Luigi set out to stop Bowser in his tracks...

And the rest, as we all know, is history...

Here's a list of the games that chronolize the major events of the Mario bros. lives...

Yoshi's Island [Mario and Luigi are on their first adventure]
Mario Bros. [Mario and Luigi have to rid their house of pests sent by Bowser]
Super Mario Bros. [First fight with Bowser]
Super Mario Bros. 2 [Journey to Sub-Con]
Super Mario Bros. 3 [Second fight with Bowser]
Super Mario Land [Reason why there is no Luigi: Luigi is sick]
Super Mario Land 2 [Reason why there is no Luigi: Luigi had an affair with both Daisy and Peach]
Super Mario World [Mario and Luigi rescue Yoshi]
Super Mario 64 [Reason why there is no Luigi: Luigi was in the hospital]
Paper Mario [Reason why there is no Luigi: Luigi has to look after the house, Mario is stubborn]
Super Mario RPG [Reason why there is no Luigi: has an affair with Daisy and Peach, again]
Super Mario Sunshine

[note: I did not include the side-quests, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., etc. because they have nothing to do with the original storyline]

"I am the mighty Shigeru Miyamoto! You will all bow down to me, for I am the God of videogames!"

Edited by - Mario Maniac on 6/12/2002 6:10:09 AM
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2002, 03:39:40 AM »
Not bad, Mario Maniac. To be quite honest I've never seriously considered Yoshi's Island's story, but your explaination seems quite logical. I agree with you that Mario's father was also a plumber, but I disagree that Mario and Luigi were in Brooklyn before they were experienced plumbers.

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2002, 09:31:53 AM »
I didnt read all of this, but I think the answer lies somewhere in the cartoons! after my exam today I'm going to watch each and every one of them on my hard drive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

you really dont know, do you??

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2002, 12:19:27 PM »
Well Mario came from Yoshis island but wasn't born there well i'm not really sure the Mushroom Kingdom is where he lives
People are who they are and thats that!!!!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2002, 12:35:34 AM »
Mario's parents lived in the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario & Luigi were born in the MK. Heck yeah, Mr. & Mrs. Mario were afraid of the threat of the Koopa Troop because Kamek knew there would be trouble from the Bros. so as the parents sent M&L away to Brooklyn, Kamek attacked the delivery bird and got Luigi. Mario's parents decided to pack up and go to Brooklyn, (with the bros.) posing as regular Italians. So they were safe for a long time until DK arrived. I bet Mario's parents went back to the Mushroom Kingdom sometime before DK happened. Anyway, after that, the rest is history. And that complies with your theory, too, doesn't it, frostbite? And also, Mario was named after Mario Segali, Nintendo's NY warehouse landlord. Doesn't everybody know that?

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2002, 01:12:21 AM »
Also, the Mario cartoons and certainly the SMB movie have little or no bearing on the games. They're like separate entites entirely.

That was a joke.

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2002, 08:51:48 AM »
Mario and Luigi wernt born in the mushroom kingdom. read the instruction manual for SMB:1,
"...sucked down a drain pipe into a mysterious world known as the mushroom kingdom..."

my gosh, in Super Mario World 2, in which Luigi doesnt even  make an appearance, isnt mario tranformed into a baby? i think that im right but im not sure. yoshi has to take on the hero role so that mario can be re-transformed into and adult? i dunno. i disagree with red_yoshi, ive been playing Mario games since, gee, 1988, long before u were born no doubt red_yoshi?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2002, 11:55:39 PM »
SMW2 took place before all the other games containing Mario. Mario was a baby chronologically. Luigi is who Yoshi has to save. Have you never played that or something infathomable like that? I MEAN, COME ON!!!

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/7/2002 10:56:54 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2002, 07:34:37 AM »
They are from the Mushroom Kingdom.There is so much evidence(I didn't read pages 2-4,so don't yell at me).Actually,there is 1 peice of evidence:SMW2:YI.If Mario and Luigi were from Brooklyn,why would they be with a stork near the Mushroom Kingdom?And they sure can't be from Yoshi's Island,due to No "humans" live there.
Don''t you think I''m a newbie!I,Darkside,have been here ever since January!
       -Darkside

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2002, 02:31:58 PM »
Yeah! That's what I said...
That was a joke.

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2002, 03:31:58 PM »
Perhaps Yoshi's Island has nothing to do with the traditional story at all. Maybe they just wanted to make a brand new adventure with the same characters.

But if anything I'd have to agree with frostbite.

And Purple Yoshi, do you remember the old Mario cartoons? (who couldn't!?) The live part of The Super Mario Super Show featured Mario and Luigi in Brooklyn! Not only that, but on the intro to one of their cartoon series, it showed Mario and Luigi in Brooklyn plundering a tub drain when all of a sudden they get washed down it and end up in the Mushroom Kingdom.
*You quickly shove bananas in your ears.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2002, 12:02:47 AM »
It seems to me though, that the cartoons (and the movie) have next to nothing to do with the actual story in the games. And besides, Mr. Miyamoto said he doesn't want Mario to become tied in any complex backstories that might limit his roles in new games.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/11/2002 11:03:23 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2002, 06:11:55 PM »
mmm, none of you guys make sense? since the stork in SMW2:YI was taking them >>TO<< The Mushroom Kingdom. We dont know where they came from, unless we know where the stork came from? Case closed

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2002, 12:52:59 AM »
We don't know where the "stork" was taking them. That is never clarified in the story.

That was a joke.

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2002, 10:21:02 AM »
Charles Martinet said the Nintendo people told him that Mario was from Brooklyn.

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2002, 08:53:26 PM »
Well yeah, but that was 12 years ago, when they didn't have Mario's story down pat. Same goes for the Mario Mania player's guide. Heck, in there, they don't have even obvious facts about the games right.

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2002, 08:58:05 PM »
Sure, He's an Italian plumber from Brooklyn, that's where he lived. That doesn't necessarily mean that he was born there.
However, after careful consideration, it's obvious to me that Nintendo doesn't know where Mario is from either.

That was a joke.

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2002, 06:57:52 PM »
Mario and luigi were born in TMK which explanes there powers they were sent to broklyn to get away from The  koopa troop (like harry potter
hehehe money money money $$$$$$

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2002, 09:31:21 AM »
Quote:Charles Martinet said the Nintendo people told him that Mario was from Brooklyn.

>>That was for the cartoon's<<

Quote: How do we know the stork was going to TMK?

Your twisting what your saying chuppa. if mario/luigi's parent lived in the mushroom kingdom, as you said, then of course the stork would take them to their rightful parents? i dunno. but they wernt BORN in TMK, they were born from the destination of the stork

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2002, 09:33:05 AM »
btw isnt yoshi's island in dinosaur land??? or is dinosaur land in TMK???

« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2002, 09:36:54 AM »
BYY, Charles Martinet does the voice of Mario IN THE GAMES. Why would they tell him Mario was from Brooklyn and to make his voice accordingly if Mario wasn't supposed to have lived in Brooklyn?

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

Edited by - frostbite on 8/16/2002 8:37:41 AM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2002, 07:07:28 PM »
Like I said, they didn't have the story of where Mario was from yet, and Bowser YeaYea, it looks to me like they were from the Mushroom Kingdom, and it seems that Dinosaur Land is on the way to Brooklyn. That explains it all. The "stork" wasn't bringing them to their parents. He was taking them to Brooklyn, (or Italy), where the parents would meet them later or something. But at the end of the game, the bird brings them back to their parents, and...

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/16/2002 6:13:57 PM
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2002, 07:10:22 PM »
And also like I said, Mario was from Brooklyn. But he wasn't born there.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2002, 08:23:04 PM »
I know that. He was born in Italy. We all know the stork doesn't really exist. People EDIT EDIT EDIT make children. He was porbably just a henchman of Kamek's gone rogue, and at the end, he took them back to their coincidentally-mushroom-shaped Pompeii home.

-------

Edited by - frostbite on 8/17/2002 5:36:44 PM

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2002, 03:33:38 AM »
*Double Post, sorry chums*

Edited by - Prop on 8/17/2002 2:35:04 AM
"Whoa, Yoshi eat Pirahna Plant. Dino-Dude radical cool." ~ Oogtar the idiot

"I''''ve got to grow as big as Koop-Zilla, so I can clean his pipes." ~ Mario Mario

« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2002, 03:33:44 AM »
It's simple.
The events of Yoshi's Island take place.
The Bros. parents know what's good for them, and take them to an orphanarium in Brooklyn.
The Bros. are adopted by an Italian couple.
The Bros. get to the Mushroom Kingdom, whether it be magical water wall (which DOES make sense, after playing Mario 64) or otherwise.

Was that so hard? Now you can all calm down. "Frostbite your out of your leage... I dare you to say one thing that does not make sence and i will answer it... I am the master of Mario's past present and future." Also, red_yoshi, you're an idiot.

"I''ve got to grow as big as Koop-Zilla, so I can clean his pipes." ~ Mario Mario

Edited by - Prop on 8/17/2002 3:45:21 AM

"I''''ve got to grow as big as Koop-Zilla, so I can clean his pipes." ~ Mario Mario

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2002, 01:16:55 PM »
Orphanarium? Is that like an aquarium?

-------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2002, 05:44:55 PM »
Heheh. But hey, could you get your piece of elementary knowledge off the previous page?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/17/2002 11:21:44 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2002, 06:37:08 PM »
Happy now?

-------

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2002, 12:09:12 AM »
Thank you very much. Sorry, but I just felt that you could have said that differently. I'm that kind of person, I guess...
Hey, are we like the two most frequent posters on here?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/17/2002 11:17:07 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2002, 05:22:11 AM »
I check here like every 10 min or less and I usually post alot. This is a good forum. Lots
of frequent posters.

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2002, 04:58:25 PM »
Yeah... but what's weird is how this topic has been going for like 8 months.

That was a joke.

Print