Print

Author Topic: Where is Mario From?  (Read 21323 times)

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2002, 03:31:58 PM »
Perhaps Yoshi's Island has nothing to do with the traditional story at all. Maybe they just wanted to make a brand new adventure with the same characters.

But if anything I'd have to agree with frostbite.

And Purple Yoshi, do you remember the old Mario cartoons? (who couldn't!?) The live part of The Super Mario Super Show featured Mario and Luigi in Brooklyn! Not only that, but on the intro to one of their cartoon series, it showed Mario and Luigi in Brooklyn plundering a tub drain when all of a sudden they get washed down it and end up in the Mushroom Kingdom.
*You quickly shove bananas in your ears.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2002, 12:02:47 AM »
It seems to me though, that the cartoons (and the movie) have next to nothing to do with the actual story in the games. And besides, Mr. Miyamoto said he doesn't want Mario to become tied in any complex backstories that might limit his roles in new games.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/11/2002 11:03:23 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2002, 06:11:55 PM »
mmm, none of you guys make sense? since the stork in SMW2:YI was taking them >>TO<< The Mushroom Kingdom. We dont know where they came from, unless we know where the stork came from? Case closed

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2002, 12:52:59 AM »
We don't know where the "stork" was taking them. That is never clarified in the story.

That was a joke.

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2002, 10:21:02 AM »
Charles Martinet said the Nintendo people told him that Mario was from Brooklyn.

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2002, 08:53:26 PM »
Well yeah, but that was 12 years ago, when they didn't have Mario's story down pat. Same goes for the Mario Mania player's guide. Heck, in there, they don't have even obvious facts about the games right.

That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2002, 08:58:05 PM »
Sure, He's an Italian plumber from Brooklyn, that's where he lived. That doesn't necessarily mean that he was born there.
However, after careful consideration, it's obvious to me that Nintendo doesn't know where Mario is from either.

That was a joke.

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2002, 06:57:52 PM »
Mario and luigi were born in TMK which explanes there powers they were sent to broklyn to get away from The  koopa troop (like harry potter
hehehe money money money $$$$$$

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2002, 09:31:21 AM »
Quote:Charles Martinet said the Nintendo people told him that Mario was from Brooklyn.

>>That was for the cartoon's<<

Quote: How do we know the stork was going to TMK?

Your twisting what your saying chuppa. if mario/luigi's parent lived in the mushroom kingdom, as you said, then of course the stork would take them to their rightful parents? i dunno. but they wernt BORN in TMK, they were born from the destination of the stork

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2002, 09:33:05 AM »
btw isnt yoshi's island in dinosaur land??? or is dinosaur land in TMK???

« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2002, 09:36:54 AM »
BYY, Charles Martinet does the voice of Mario IN THE GAMES. Why would they tell him Mario was from Brooklyn and to make his voice accordingly if Mario wasn't supposed to have lived in Brooklyn?

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

Edited by - frostbite on 8/16/2002 8:37:41 AM

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2002, 07:07:28 PM »
Like I said, they didn't have the story of where Mario was from yet, and Bowser YeaYea, it looks to me like they were from the Mushroom Kingdom, and it seems that Dinosaur Land is on the way to Brooklyn. That explains it all. The "stork" wasn't bringing them to their parents. He was taking them to Brooklyn, (or Italy), where the parents would meet them later or something. But at the end of the game, the bird brings them back to their parents, and...

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/16/2002 6:13:57 PM
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2002, 07:10:22 PM »
And also like I said, Mario was from Brooklyn. But he wasn't born there.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2002, 08:23:04 PM »
I know that. He was born in Italy. We all know the stork doesn't really exist. People EDIT EDIT EDIT make children. He was porbably just a henchman of Kamek's gone rogue, and at the end, he took them back to their coincidentally-mushroom-shaped Pompeii home.

-------

Edited by - frostbite on 8/17/2002 5:36:44 PM

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2002, 03:33:38 AM »
*Double Post, sorry chums*

Edited by - Prop on 8/17/2002 2:35:04 AM
------------------------------
"Whoa, Yoshi eat Pirahna Plant. Dino-Dude radical cool." ~ Oogtar the idiot

"I''''ve got to grow as big as Koop-Zilla, so I can clean his pipes." ~ Mario Mario

Print