Print

Author Topic: Mario World Arcade Cartridge?  (Read 3919 times)

« on: June 28, 2000, 10:18:09 AM »
When I was little, I remeber playing a game of Mario World, except it was different from the one we know and love. There were different parts, like you know in the forest of illusion? The first stage there was a castle, and in the plains after that, there was a warp star on the mountain thingy. I only got to rent the Mario world game and SNES for two days, but I'm not sure if it was a dream or if it was a reality (I remeber it so vividly). You guys know me, I don't BS people. Was this a dream or not? Could it possible be the arcade cartridge version? Did somebody hack it?

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2000, 11:32:20 AM »
You may have a point there.  In the arcade Mario World I played there was a weird stage where you flew up into the tree tops in the Forest of Illusion.  And come to think of it when I played it was a Super Nintendo system in an arcade machine(I saw the guy change the game onetime)  But maybe the arcade game I played and the one you rented are the same game which might be a demo cart?  Its just a theory but that sounds like it could be right.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2000, 11:36:18 AM »
But what really sucks was that I saw the arcade Super Mario World a few years later when on vacation but my mom told me I shouldn't play it since we owned the SuperNES version.  So my brother and I didn't play it and if we did we probably would have noticed more.  And at that time we thought the stages were hidden,until we wrote to Nintendo asking and they said there wern't any hidden stages in the cart version fo super.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2000, 11:43:07 AM »
Hey and I read on another board about some magazine which had some weird shots of super mario world in them.  Maybe taken from the arcade version.

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2000, 12:30:10 PM »
Hey could you make like a fake screenshot of what you saw just to give me an idea of what it was like.  Then I'll be able to tell you if I'v ever seen it before.  Just send it to me at radtrm@yahoo.com

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2000, 07:01:00 PM »
Uh...That might take awhile, but okaydokey.

Kweeh! Forget Whark! Kweeh! Is better!
Kweeh! Kweeh! Yes, Kweeh forever!

Print