Print

Author Topic: What the hell happened?  (Read 1447 times)

« on: June 20, 2002, 11:32:02 AM »
What's wrong with Nintendo?  They're losing it badly.  At first, I thought that it was okay what they were doing, but now I realize that Nintendo is out of ideas.  It seems like it anyway, because we're seeing remakes of every Mario game.  Even GBDK!  I wish Nintendo would start trying harder, but there's like one major Mario game for N64, and one DK game.  What will become of them, I hope they stop being their lazy-remake-like selves and come up with some new dandy games like they used to, cause I don't wanna see them fail!

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 12:06:40 PM »
Oops.

What I meant was just Mario games on GBA, cause Nintendo's other games are good.  Can't wait to buy Kirby Advance and Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2002, 07:17:36 PM »
But you know, people have been begging for a portable Super Nintendo--and they got it with the GameBoy Advance! Besides, I've always wanted a GameBoy version of Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island!

Kirby Advance looks really good...it brings back the original Kirby style of gameplay; suck up your enemies and copy their attack powers!

---_---_---
Now, I've got some rather bad news to tell you guys at TMK. I was in complete shock when I learned this news, but I'm afraid it may be true...

I got this information from GamesRadar.com -->

GameCube may be Nintendo's last console. This was the shock news that was revealed at a analyst meeting yesterday by recently appointed Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata.

In talking about Nintendo's future direction, Iwata said that the company would focus on making better games and expanding its share of the games market as opposed to designing ever-more powerful consoles.

"We're reaching the limits of how far we can appeal to consumers by boosting the machine's performance or providing more compelling graphics and sound," he said. "I feel like a chef cooking for a king who's full."

This is not to say that he's not ambitious for GameCube though, saying that Nintendo intend to shift a staggering 50 million Cubes by March 2005.

------------------------------
"I am the mighty Shigeru Miyamoto! You will all bow down to me, for I am the God of videogames!"
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2002, 09:34:29 PM »
Donkey Kong (AC) was remade as Donkey Kong (NES), Donkey Kong (NES), Donkey Kong Classics (NES), Donkey Kong (Atari 2600), Donkey Kong (Atari 7800), Donkey Kong (Atari 800XL), Donkey Kong (Atari 130XE), Donkey Kong (Coleco Adam), Donkey Kong (Coleco Vision), Donkey Kong (Commodore 64), Donkey Kong (Commodore VIC-20), Donkey Kong (Matel Intellivision) Donkey Kong (PC), Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong 64 Minigame), Donkey Kong (GB), and probably some others! Donkey Kong Plus is a remake of Donkey Kong (GB).

That's over 16 remakes of Donkey Kong! They need to stop!

Print