Print

Author Topic: Anyone here making a Mario computer game?  (Read 35001 times)

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2002, 11:28:11 AM »
Hmm... what software are you using to make your game?  The Clickteam programs aren't reverse compatible, so if you're using The Games Factory you wouldn't be able to load it; the engine's in Multimedia Fusion ver. 1.5.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2002, 11:58:34 AM »
i have a hack here that i made with YY-ME
you can download it <!--begin link_2--><a href='http://shanez0r.freehosting.net/links/Rom%20Hacking/smario.nes'>here[/url]<!--end link_2-->

Mario:Ive quit my job as a plumber and i''ve become a sleasy pizzaman
Snifit:Id like a large with double mushrooms please.
Mario:here you go.
Snifit:This pizza tastes like @$$ and i feel funny now.
Mario:Well i didnt want to go and pick fresh grade A mushrooms case i''d have to drive a few miles to the supermarket Instead I bought the red ones from some drug dealin kid, and i picked the white ones from the little spot in my backyard where yoshi does his business.
Snifit:AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2002, 12:00:45 PM »
nevermind the HTML thing messed up

Mario:Ive quit my job as a plumber and i''ve become a sleasy pizzaman
Snifit:Id like a large with double mushrooms please.
Mario:here you go.
Snifit:This pizza tastes like @$$ and i feel funny now.
Mario:Well i didnt want to go and pick fresh grade A mushrooms case i''d have to drive a few miles to the supermarket Instead I bought the red ones from some drug dealin kid, and i picked the white ones from the little spot in my backyard where yoshi does his business.
Snifit:AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2002, 06:14:02 PM »
I'm currently learning my JavaScript and Perl so that I could make an internet Mario game.  If any of you ever visited Reality's End (http://www.realitysend.com), and played in the R.E. League (Maelstrom Town), you would basically understand what I'm trying to do.  However, I'm still learning.  Here's basically the storyline (that's as far as I got): Bowser and Smithy team up and start messing up our wishes again.  Mallow, Geno, Peach, Goombario, Kooper, Bombette, Parakarry, Watt, Sushie, Flamer (Lava Bubble), and Little T. (Toad) team up with you to defeat the two enemies.  But I'm getting off topic, plus I need to learn JavaScript and Perl.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2002, 06:16:10 PM »
I downloaded the game, but I get an Error 10 for some reason.  I can't play it *sigh*

LieutenantEagle
--------
LieutenantEagle
--------

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2002, 08:22:38 PM »
(I know this is my first post, so HIYA!!!!!!! everyone!)

I'm making a mario turn-based strategy game in liberty BASIC. I's retty primitive so far, though the battle system is somewhat unique.

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2002, 10:18:01 AM »
Scratch thast, I couldn't get the AI to work so now I'm makigna  virtual pet game.

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2002, 02:05:06 PM »
Hey Jaaaaa I'm trying to do a turn-based in JavaScript and Perl.  No really, I mean what I'm trying to do here is fusion SMRPG and PM together into one cool game.  Oh, and scratch the Bowser part...I've decided Bowser will be in it.  See, I'm a very good planner but I'm not a good programmer.

LieutenantEagle
--------
LieutenantEagle
--------

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2002, 04:29:52 PM »
I made a game called "Wario's Bucket Bonanza"... Not exactly the pinnacle of gaming, but if you're as bored as I am right now, you'll probably be willing to try anything... Or not... Either way:
http://www.the-warp-zone.com/SuperMarioKingdom/Downloads/Apps.htm

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2002, 10:24:08 PM »
Hey, in Lunar Magic, anybody know how to make stuff appear in front of Mario (bushes, water, stuff like that). I was just wondering.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2002, 12:40:44 PM »
 am programming a new mario game in DarkBASIC. I want it to be more like smb3, but with yoshi. I have lots of ideas for the game (over 20 kb of text). If you know anything about 2d game programming, have sprites, sounds, music, or backgrounds and want to help with the project or simply give suggestions please email dennisshows@yahoo.com with "Mario 2D" in the subject, or post your reply in this forum.

I fried egg will never hatch a Yoshi!
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2002, 03:21:20 PM »
Well, another DB user. I've only found 1 other DB user asking about my game(he flooded my box with around 10 emails), even though I don't know how they could have found out about my game without looking on these boards.

Anyway, 2D programming is relatively simple if you have only 1 player at once(it's a bit more complicated for me, as Mario Bros. is the only simultanious multiplayer Mario game other than the SMBDX Vs. mode). Sprite commands are pretty simple, but if you want the game to run at any speed other than crappy, I suggest using the "sync" commands. I used to have a speed problem where it was too slow. Then I added the sync command. The speed problem is now the opposite!
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2002, 04:07:20 PM »
I am that other DB user.  Sorry about the flood of emails.  I was just so excited to find a DB programmer and I liked your game.

I have had the same problem with sync, but use snyc sleep to slow it down.  I only fear this is slowing down and making other game action look choppy.  If there was a delay action command it would make everything easier.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2002, 05:20:55 PM »
Use the "wait" command to stop the program for a number of milliseconds.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2002, 07:59:57 PM »
Yes, but the "wait" command stops the entire program.  To slow a single action I might be able to make a variable called something like "delaytime" equal to a certain number of milliseconds that I want the action slowed.  Then I could store the timer() value in a variable called something like "oldtime".  Now I could check to see IF oldtime + delaytime < timer() THEN [code block].  Where the code block may contain something like pasting a blank sprite rather than the actual sprite.

Print