Print

Author Topic: Some new SMB Game Genie codes  (Read 2292 times)

« on: February 27, 2003, 02:01:17 AM »
Since I learned 6502 asm while working on an emulator library (which has yet to be finished), I took a look at the reverse-engineered SMB source floating around the net and came up with some rather different codes using it as a test of concept. I can create others so if you have any specific requests go ahead and give them ^_^

AAAEAG + AAZEAG + AATEZG: game ends at level 1-4 (change the first letter of each code to change the level the game ends on).

AETAIG: any visible score gives you a 1-UP (watch out about getting too many ;)

Here's one for all you Luigi fans:
AUIEAI + POIEZS: Mario looks like Luigi

AAGUUE: Top of flag pole is worth 8000 pts

And finally, this is one which I found many years ago on my own, totally by random:

KEAOIP: At the beginning of any area (level start, down pipe, up vine, etc), Mario receives almost infinite star power and 480 seconds on the timer. (I have no idea how one code does all that...)

Fun huh? I'll see if I can't come up with others (possibly more useful ones too).

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 12:30:25 AM »
Cool. What exactly does ASM stand for?
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 06:54:18 PM »
As far as I know, "asm" is just a common abbreviation for assembly language. I don't think its an actual acronym. Assembly is a convenient way to give a CPU its basic instructions, and almost all NES games were written in it.

I also know MIPS assembly, which I had to learn in college for my CS degree :)

Print