Print

Author Topic: PlayStation fans need to realize...  (Read 4297 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 09, 2003, 07:53:28 AM »
PlayStation fans can be so naive sometimes. They think Nintendo should fail, leaving Sony to rule the gaming industry forever...

Well, I bet many of them don't realize that Nintendo helped Sony create the PlayStation. The PlayStation was originally planned to be a CD adaptor for the Super NES, that would allow it to play CD-ROM games and music CDs...kind of like a Sega Saturn. Nintendo eventually backed out of the deal, leaving Sony to further develop the PlayStation by themselves...

So, without Nintendo's idea, Sony's PlayStation wouldn't even exist! Kind of ironic, don'tcha think?
---------------------------------------------
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 07:49:58 PM »
WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVINCE??

I told you that!

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 08:15:57 PM »
I hate Playstation. Ugh... My brother has "converted." He's with "them" now. Lousy...thinks he's too good for Nintendo... What's even worse is that he now gets the official PS2 magazine!

Anyway, I don't think you'll find too many Playstation fans in this knick of the woods.

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 08:42:32 PM »
Isn't it "neck" of the woods?
That's what I thought it was, but I could be wrong.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 4/9/2003 7:43:15 PM
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 05:51:58 PM »
 Indeed, it is "neck" of the woods, but it's of little importance, as anyone could make that mistake.

To be honest, I have slightly conflicting views as you, Mario Maniac, however, it's only due to the use of your generalizations. None the less, I have no wish to argue or debate the topic, so I'll just say you're right.

Cheers.

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 11:26:01 PM »
For the sake of the almighty sub sandwich, not this crap again! I'm sick of war. The war with Iraq, the war at my school between rappers and rockers and especially the war between fellow gamers. Why must so many poeple with common intrest limit their experience by only playing one system? Why must the less hardcore gamers slam each others systems? I like Nintendo, I like Sony, and even Microsoft has some good titles. If poeple want to argue over such stupid things such as game systems that are all respectable they shouldn't even be intelligent enough to breath. Once again I revert to my motto on this subject embrace or ignore. Please remember only total jack***es insult anothers inrests to his face.  

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 10:12:49 PM »
Becasue we want to!!!!!!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 10:14:04 PM »
Be quiet.
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 10:15:44 PM »
Becasue we want to!!!!!!!! I don't really have a great foundness (spelling?) of Playstation, but I will play its titles. But overall, Nintendo rules. I'm also sick of the people saying "Nintendo will cry! Sony won't die!" (I just made that up as an example) Nintendo will never die out. Its been up on the top of the scales since 1982. Playstation has only been out for about 8 years!

Edited by - gamemaster79 on 5/10/2003 9:17:52 PM

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 10:18:35 PM »
Don't tell me what to do!

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 06:24:18 PM »
Well, OK. Maybe I got a little too caught up in this war stuff. Nintendo is better in my oppinion, but I guess they are all good systems. They're all pretty equel on behalf of them all being 128-bit systems. I believe no company should try to take over the gaming industry.

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2003, 06:34:10 AM »
"I believe no company should try to take over the gaming industry."
- gamemaster79

You're exactly right, that's why Sony should allow Nintendo to catch up in sales. Sony is just pushing Nintendo around because they know they have more superiority (in sales) than Nintendo does. Sony is the bully, Nintendo is the victim.

As for Microsoft, they're still the underdog of the console industry, so I can't be too cruel with them... :)

People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don''t like Nintendo obviously don''t like video games.
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2003, 08:28:50 PM »
If Nintendo is "superior" to the Sony Play Station why are they doing better than Nintendo in the eyes of the people that don't have a favorite system or company?

It''s ah me Marioguy!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2003, 10:35:50 PM »
Because people think "Mature" themed = better. That and they're awfully closed minded and rate systems on "coolness" and "popularity." Plus PS2's been out a year longer. Of course their sales are gonna be high. GCN has FAR superior graphics (my brother has a PS2, so I know), load time, etc.

I'll have to quote 2 classic sayings.
"Quality, not quantity."
"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular."

If all my views of why I'm biased against PS2 and XBox were thrown out the window, I simply would not play either b/c none of the games have interested me in the slightest. Any that have at *all* are available for the 'Cube.

I rest my case...for now...

--------------------
If things don''t go your way, just keep complaining until your dreams come true.

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/14/2003 11:37:27 AM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2003, 12:33:30 PM »
You mean biased against them, right?
That was a joke.

Print