Print

Author Topic: Ever wanted to make a Mario game?  (Read 28394 times)

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2003, 12:14:51 PM »
Sure thing. If you don't get in, though, that doesn't mean I won't let you in later on. Good luck with your test thingys. :)

EDIT: ****! You won't believe this ... we gotta domain name! Check out: www.gamershaven.tk

All Jaffa Cake haters must be exterminated immediately.

Edited by - Yoshi6 on 6/6/2003 11:22:42 AM
"Blue, start over. Yellow is caution. Red is danger."

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2003, 12:19:36 PM »
Thanks! I hope to have most if not all of it done tonight...and if your wondering what Im doing here if I have all that to do..Im just one of those, well I cant thing of anyother adjective, special people that is able to do 3 things at once....I can do all that even though I have ADD ^_^

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2003, 12:28:51 PM »
Reserve my place, too, cuz, um...well, right now I'm lazy. Heck, can I just *LIST* the reasons here instead?

1. Excellent resource for renders, sprites, screenshots, etc.
2. Very, *very* basic HTML... (my main hindrance)
3. I'm an artist--I can make logos, backgrounds, layouts, etc.
4. Excellent grammar (and spelling--and when I'm not sure, I use spellcheck. :P)
5. Perfectionist
6. TONS of free time
7. responsible, trustworthy, persistant
8. VERY Creative
9. an author
10. Good at listing/organizing (one of the advantages of having OCPD :P)
11. generally easy-going personality
12. I Make sure everyone follows the rules (including self)
13. Quick learner
14. Multi-tasker
15. Skilled in multiple areas

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/6/2003 11:30:31 AM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2003, 12:30:25 PM »
Heh. You could even set up a timetable. e.g. 5:00PM - 7:00PM: Homework/Coursework etc ... 7:30PM - ?: Fungi Forums!

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2003, 12:36:13 PM »
Yes! We now have 2 members ... Yoshi6 and Sapphira! (Yes ... y'see, you're accepted!) 3 more lucky people! To go! Okay, so I'm not game show presenter. *cough* :)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2003, 12:39:31 PM »
Heheh... Here's my timetable...

11:00-12:00 Noon: Wake up
12:00-6:00  Computer (interrupted and kicked off off and on)
6:00-7:30 Watchin' TV, Computer on commercials
7:30-10:00 Varies every night
10:00-11:00ish Computer
11:30-1:00  in room
1:00-2:00 sneek downstairs and get on comp (heheheh...)
2:00 on: sleeping

Yeah, that's my life...not much of one, but it's fun! ;P

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2003, 12:42:03 PM »
YAY!!! I'm in!!! ^_^  Woohoo!! ...Sorry...hehe.. :)

--------------------

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2003, 12:45:19 PM »
Sounds a bit like me. :) Yeah, look at www.gamershaven.tk quickly. And make sure you have your speakers on! You might just recognize the tune, for those who have an N64.

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2003, 12:52:37 PM »
Well heck if I dont have to write an essay...then Ill just do the same thing as Sapph...;~P
1. I have played or own nearly every Mario game
2. I know almost every single detail in the Mario Universe...this helps me to make a coherent story line..
3. Im a pretty good speller too and when the words get tough I also use spell check(when Im not lazy :P)
4. As soon as I get these essays done I will have plenty of time to work on this stuff till I go on vacation at the end of the month
5.Im an amatur spriter/sprite editor, and I already have emailed sprites, and most of the story line to every body but you Yoshi6 (Ill fix that though)
6.I need something to do for the summer anyway...and This also will help me learn to use HTML.
7. I already mentioned how I can do 3 things at once and keep it straight...
8. Ive made quite a few sprite comics (although using Megaman instead of Mario but I have the experience)
9. I might bend the rules abit..but I only do it if I have to or if im in a bad mood (blame the ADD)
10.Ive always had a creative mind and if Im given details, I can usually come up with a pretty cool story line.
11. Im always ez to get along with...but I do have "those" days...
12. Im usually completely honest when It comes to my oppinions and or evaluations(IE this list)
13. While I do hate to write..I can make up some good game dialogue.
14. This would be a cool new experience for me that Ive always wanted.
15. Im usually always a cool cucumber..that is Im pretty passive...unless provoked....
16. I have a DSL modem and I can always be counted on to be at a meeting....and finally because:
It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!

Edited by - Marionut#1 on 6/6/2003 12:08:57 PM
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2003, 01:32:16 PM »
Oh yeah, you can add to mine...

16. I have played or own nearly every Mario game, also
17. I, too, know almost every single detail in the Mario Universe. In fact I'm known as the Mario Trivia Mistress here. :P
18. I, too, am an amatur sprite editor. In fact I just finished Peach for our game! I *did* almost finish Mario, but he still looks kinda funny, so I'm gonna continue editing him. I'll email it to you (Yoshi6), Mario Master, and Marionut. :)
19. "I need something to do for the summer anyway...and This also will help me learn to use HTML." Ditto
20. "This would be a cool new experience for me that Ive always wanted." Ditto again. ;)
21. I have a DSL modem and can always be counted on to be at a meeting, too.
22. Speaking of knowing almost everything in the Mario Universe, I've also composed an ultimate database of EVERYTHING--enemies, good guys, items, levels, you name it. It's even more in depth than the Mariopedia. ;)
23. I LOVE telling and explaining my theories relating to the Mario Universe.

--------------------

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2003, 01:35:05 PM »
well just rip off my list why dont ya? I mean your already in....;P

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2003, 01:38:30 PM »
I'm in, right, Yoshi6?  I mean, Gamer's Haven was kinda my idea too.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2003, 01:40:49 PM »
Hey MM while your on...I got a couple q's I need A's for....
Will this game be a 2d game? IE like SMB? or will the environments be 3d and the characters 2d? IE Paper Mario
Could ya send me a screen shot sometime?
Thanks...

It‘s-a me, Marionut#1!
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2003, 01:54:55 PM »
Can I be a member, too? I'll just copy everyone else and make my list here on why I would make a good "team member".

1.Exceptional Video Game skills.
2.Superb amount of knowledge about Nintendo franchises such as Super Mario.
3.Big Vocabulary.
4.Ameatur sprite editor.
5.Decent writer.
6.Semi-lot of free time.
7.Easy to get along with, open to suggestions.

Uh, I think there's more, but I can't think of anything right now. The only problems are that I can't use html and I don't have a DSL modem. Before I forget, I should mention that A while ago, I changed my e-mail adress to koopakrusher987@hotmail.com a while ago, so if anyone is going to e-mail me, send it there.

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2003, 01:57:19 PM »
I'm everything but 4 on Big Boo's list, and this is going to be a game like Final Fantasy, Marionut#1.  North, South, East, and West.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Print