Print

Author Topic: This is ridiculous.  (Read 3477 times)

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« on: August 17, 2003, 05:14:45 PM »
Ok then, I'm sure that when Deezer recently gave certain members moderation powers, he meant for it to allow the boards to be more efficiently moderated - thus this means less spam, less bad posts, etc. A good idea, right? Well... it is a bit difficult to make good moderating decisions when EVERYONE KEEPS QUESTIONING THEM!!!

So far, I have closed 2 and exactly 2 threads on the General Chat board. Let's see what happened afterwards for both.

1st thread: Had 9 replies when I closed it. The message it had was deleted by Deezer, and I believed there could be no pertinent discussion in it. It now has I think 19 or 20 replies and a long disucssion over me being "out of hand" in closing threads - although it was the first thread I closed!

2nd thread: A post with over 100 replies - most being nothing but the word "Yay!" or people disparaging the thread. I closed it. The next day, I received an E-Mail from the started of the thread with no fewer than 19 thread that "should be closed by my standards". And a new thread has been started with the EXACT same concept.

I mean, seriously, what's the purpose of moderating when everyone is questioning your decisions? Deezer obviously believed that I'd make a good moderator when he asked me to do so. And I am merely closing threads that I believe solely deteriorate the value of the boards. What's the big deal? I'm just wondering why you all think my decisions are "wrong".

Stupid Quotes: (1st edition)
"I think just about everyone in existence agrees that Yoshi''s Island 2 was the worst mario game ever conceived."
~mego_otter - on Newgrounds
~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 06:41:22 PM »
You're right.  Therefore, Deezer should be the only moderator, and the only person with power. ;P

Relish is at your command!

Edited by - Markio on 8/17/2003 5:42:52 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 06:49:05 PM »
Who closed this topic?

Edited by - NiNtEnDoFrEaK on 8/17/2003 10:54:08 PM
Deezer was here.

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 06:59:02 PM »
Um, I don't think he was arguing that Deezer should be the only moderator.

Also, closing Yay! was a smart move at the time and I just posted in the Amazing thread after for fun. So I have no problem with Insane Steve.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 07:03:04 PM »
Yep. Considering I see him posting about twice a week, I'm sure he'd be really active, too.

You both missed the point entirely. The point is not "Who should be the moderator?" - the point is instead "I made a decision to close the thread - Deezer trusted me with the position - why is everyone questioning it?"

*sigh*

EDIT: Odd, LD posted the exact idea I was posting here. The "2 who missed the point" are the first 2 to reply here.

"I think just about everyone in existence agrees that Yoshi''s Island 2 was the worst mario game ever conceived."

Edited by - Insane Steve on 8/17/2003 6:06:08 PM
~I.S.~

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 07:13:20 PM »
Let jon have his stupid Yay! topic. He's not Yaying in other threads.
Deezer was here.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 07:22:42 PM »
 Indeed. A moderator's job isn't the most fun, that's for sure.

You can't please everyone, and you'll take a lot of flak for whatever you do.

However, just keep doing what you believe needs to be done. I'm not going to argue about what should and shouldn't have been closed. The past is the past, what's done is done.

I will say though, I'm not displeased with any of your choices, so far.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 08:13:16 PM »
I knew what you really meant, but if you complain about something not many people have, you might as well not have it, Mr. "I take moderation for granted".

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2003, 08:36:58 PM »
"I knew what you really meant, but if you complain about something not many people have, you might as well not have it, Mr. "I take moderation for granted"."

www.runescapecommunity.com - I have been an admin of this forum for OVER A YEAR under the name "Krazymonkey5". And you are saying I take moderating for granted? Seriously - In the over a year I have been admining that forum, I've had to put up with less than in the 2 MOD ACTIONS I've done here.

And don't insult me using an unfounded comment - you'll regret it. Trust me.

~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2003, 09:04:35 PM »
I will regret whatever I want, but I didn't mean to sound mean...

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2003, 09:13:04 PM »
Hmmmmmm, in that case, ok. I kind of took it as an insult for some reason - I take everything as an insult... even in the real world. Don't mind that comment.

~I.S.~

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2003, 09:58:10 PM »
Deezer should be mod again. Or maybe there should be a vote, like someone had said before.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2003, 10:46:16 PM »
How am I not a mod???

Steve did the right thing. Please be nice to the mods, they are doing a great job.

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 01:58:48 PM »
Yay! A happy ending! Thanks, Deezer. I end with this:

TONIGHT! ON FOX!: The Mod Connection: When 11-year-olds Attack!

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Print