Poll

who's the MOST annoying mario character

Yoshi
Luigi
Peach
Wario
Waluigi
Print

Author Topic: Your most disliked character...  (Read 57563 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2006, 08:28:06 AM »
I think Daisy's hotter. :D

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2006, 09:29:39 AM »
I think you two need to stop falling in love with video game characters.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2006, 10:12:23 AM »
I just hope they don't add Petey Piranha, or King Boo to the SSBB character list.  I wouldn't mind seeing them as trophies, but that's the MOST I want to see of them in SSBB.  In fact, I don't know if I'd want to see Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario as a playable character.  His moveset wouldn't be very original. (Koopaling form would be a lighter, quicker, less powerful Bowser.  Shadow Mario form would be even more Mario clone than the Doc.  And Zelda/Sheik already has a transforming move)
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2006, 01:56:59 PM »
Nah, that'll never happen. Sakurai isn't baised nor is he aiming for any specific part of the Mario series(or any other series for that matter). That's why the character's moves come from various games and characters like Fawful aren't playable. The core Mario characters are Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, DK(though he has a series in his own right) Wario and Toad(who still hasn't been playable even though he deserves it) and chances are they'll be the only Mario characters who are given the title of Playable Character.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2006, 02:25:18 PM »
Sadly, it seems like Fawful will become yet another neglected character.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2006, 06:24:55 PM »
Unless they make a third Mario & Luigi. :D

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #261 on: June 22, 2006, 06:27:05 PM »
Wouldn't it be really cool if people could join your team in Mario and Luigi?  You could make your team how you want it kind of like the idea with Pokemon, but I guess that would defeat the purpose of Mario and Luigi.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2006, 06:31:16 PM »
New SMRPG for the win!!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2006, 06:34:01 PM »
I totally agree with that.*hi 5's with Fuzzy*
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2006, 02:52:09 PM »
I think you two need to stop falling in love with video game characters.

Lol. Hey, don't dis the fans for having admiration for them. Personally, I think Peach is a bit of a ditz, but hey - I'm female - so I really don't wanna start voicing my oppinion on these sorta things, eh?

Although, as a fan, I gotta say ... If Waluigi just saved the 'stache ... >=) Bad thoughts.

Urk, yeah ... that was ... embarrasing to admit. Now then, back to releasing the hate vibes toward crappy characters ... I gotta agree that Bowser Jr. is simply a no-go. Just ... no. He had his little adventure in SMS, mm'kay? Which brings up a good question, how the hell can HE get a major roll in a game and Waluigi's still stuck in sport and board games?! *curses under her breath bitterly*

Anywho, also, King Boo could have been a better character if they didn't include him in Mario Kart: Double Dash! . Don't get me wrong, I love boos - they're my favorite 'side-creature-character' - and therefore, I think King Boo had a chance. But putting him in MK: DD!! was the kiss of death.

« Reply #265 on: June 28, 2006, 01:59:29 AM »
I think we'll see King Boo and Petey returning as boss characters.  Heck, King Boo already showed up in Sunshine and Petey bounced back for New Super Mario Bros.  King Boo is a good 'lesser' villain, and Petey fills the role of "big dumb monster" very nicely.  He's kind of like the Mario equivalent to Metroid's Kraid. 

--except Kraid is a bad-ass.  ;)
Haters gonna hate

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2006, 02:39:43 AM »
King Boo was really an awesome character at his debut in Luigi's Mansion. Semi-transparency, glowing red eyes, blue mouth of death, unique crown... he was perfect. I don't know WHAT the SMSu staff was drinking the night they made King Boo's character model for the game... I mean, what is RIGHT about him?!?! I mean, if the drunken dazed look in his eyes wasn't awful enough, the crown was changed to the generic ruby-encrusted spiky gold style. In MK:DD he was all right, I guess... I mean, he's sober again, but he's as opaque as the printer in front of me and his eyes are just that typical beady "I'm just a cute round puff" look.
Petey Piranha wasn't that great to start out with and Nintendo just loves him to death. That's all I have to say about him.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #267 on: June 28, 2006, 07:55:56 AM »
I don't mind Petey as a boss monster, but why have him participate in spinoffs?  He's not THAT great a character.  What does Nintendo see in him, I wonder?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #268 on: June 28, 2006, 10:37:04 AM »
King Boo was really an awesome character at his debut in Luigi's Mansion. Semi-transparency, glowing red eyes, blue mouth of death, unique crown... he was perfect. I don't know WHAT the SMSu staff was drinking the night they made King Boo's character model for the game... I mean, what is RIGHT about him?!?! I mean, if the drunken dazed look in his eyes wasn't awful enough, the crown was changed to the generic ruby-encrusted spiky gold style. In MK:DD he was all right, I guess... I mean, he's sober again, but he's as opaque as the printer in front of me and his eyes are just that typical beady "I'm just a cute round puff" look.
Petey Piranha wasn't that great to start out with and Nintendo just loves him to death. That's all I have to say about him.

YES! Exactly! Thank you! They ruined a great boss character - awsome villain, really - and then seem to simply adore this other (and in my oppinion a teensy bit worse - just a teensy bit) boss! It's like, 'What?! Do you guys have secret 'motives' in your brain storming sessions we just don't know about, like aged-scotch or something?!'

As to Billy-Chilly's remark, lol. Yeah, nice. I have to agree.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #269 on: June 28, 2006, 12:06:08 PM »
I agree with a statement like that.  Companies are always running certain characters into the ground.  Just like Nick's (the TV station) about to do with the "Smurfs" movie coming out in 2008.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print