Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226277 times)

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #570 on: January 11, 2009, 01:00:31 AM »
As an example of summing up a dream, I'll take the last dream posted and edit it.

I dreamed about a new, gigantic house with 5 floors and tons and tons of carpeted staircases. Where one of the doors was supposed to be, however, was a plastic curtain with a bunch of poorly drawn famous video game characters. The drawings started to pop out of their dimension and into ours, and the curtain disappeared into some kind of smoky tree area.

This may seem overly edited, but you have to sort of pick and choose what to say for the sake of keeping an audience interested. There may be lots of weird things going on, such as with the example dream, but only let the weirdest of the weird, the most interesting happenings, escape your filter. What is the most interesting is up to you. No one will argue about it if the part you think is the most interesting is the only part they see!

To finish off this workshop, I'll provide a personal dream, shortened to the juicy parts so the audience doesn't get bored. I'll then point out the parts I didn't include and why.

I had a dream where my teeth were falling out. The sensation of my teeth loose inside my mouth and slipping past my lips was vivid and disturbing. The dream ended with me seeing my deformed toothless mouth in the mirror and crying on the floor about it.

THINGS I EXCLUDED:

Location - I left out that this took place in the house that I grew up as opposed to the house I live in right now. This detail is all personal and no one else cares about it besides myself. If the dream had taken place at some famous locale, it might be worth mentioning, but this can also be boring and not worth mentioning unless it is really, really bizarre.

SPECIFIC Location in time - This dream had different things taking place in different areas of the house, but they aren't notable in the least. No one cares that the dream started in the living room and ended in the bathroom. If I had traveled time or put on a jetpack and went to the moon, maybe it would have made the cut.

Other People in the dream - In this dream the house was empty except for my dad bathing in the tub at the end when I was in the bathroom. Once again, his presence is only memorable to myself in this forum. If it had been Raptor Hitler bathing in the tub I might have kept it in.

Boring Events - I left out me trying to tell my dad about my teeth while he listening calmly sitting in the bath tub. I can't repeat it enough, this is a boring event that only I care about because I'm speaking to my father.

I hope this helps everyone make more concise, interesting posts about their dreams.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 01:03:53 AM by TEM »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #571 on: January 11, 2009, 12:32:09 PM »
Maybe I don't want to make to make concise, interesting posts about my dreams. Maybe I don't give two flying turds what you think of my posts.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #572 on: January 11, 2009, 12:40:32 PM »
If Chupperson's dream posts aren't short enough, then I doubt there's much hope for mine.

There was a cavalcade of faces. For each, I gave them the first celebrity name that popped into my head, whether it made sense or not. A woman with red hair (like the actual color red, not just the orange that's called red when it's hair) and thick-framed cat glasses who looked a bit a woman I had just seen in church this morning in the pew in front of me I called Judge Judith Shendlin. A black man with a graying beard I called Larry Burr, then added a D to his last name to make it Larry Bird. An elderly man with his head in a plastic bubble I called Patrick Swayze.

This last man became Bill Murray starring in a movie. The premise of the movie was that this man had somehow lost every part of his body but his brain (or maybe the full head; like the classic film The Brain That Wouldn't Die or The Head That Wouldn't Die, there wasn't much of a conceptual distinction). His head was preserved in a plastic bubble and placed on a mechanical humanoid body, but for some reason, his head was not placed on his mechanical shoulders. Instead, it was placed more in the crotch area, and atop his shoulders was an electrical generator.

Brain-crotched Bill Murray tried to get a job on a spaceship, whose name I can't remember, but as it was supposed to take off, many misfortunes befell it. Bill Murray was supposed to look at a new kid coming in, a young male blue anthropomorphic badger referred to as "the Caroline appointee," referring to Caroline Kennedy's current attempt to get appointed to the United States Senate, and the sense of entitlement and unfairness there. Bill Murray assigned the Caroline appointee to a non-existant job and then walked off the ship, looking for a new job.

The movie fast-forwarded. This new scene opened with a shot of the thing on top of Bill Murray's mechanical shoulders, which apparently did double duty as a generator in a sealed plastic cone and an air intake. Don't ask me how that worked. Bill had had some problems before with efficient ways to create electricity up there to run his body without suffocating himself, but now it was apparently fine. Some of the observers, mostly the female ones, expressed concern when they saw oil being scattered all around in the plastic cone, but Bill was unperturbed, even blowing bubbles in the oil to demonstrate how safe he was. Bill was now second-in-command on an Enterprise-type ship. Apparently he was now in some culture where everyone had an odd number of eyes, and was asked to modify his body accordingly so that people wouldn't be freaked out. All of the other crewmates that I could see at first also had three eyes. He had apparently gotten this job based on his experience on the ship at the beginning. Also, his face was now very smooth and looked something like a cross in color, shape, personality, and consistency between Grand Admiral Thrawn and Data. I'm not sure whether it had been like that all along.

The ship lurched to the side, and I saw many one-eyed aliens, calling into question my previous assumption that everyone here had three eyes. The lurching ship became a court-martial where Bill Murray's appropriateness for the second-in-command job was considered. Bill thought it would be smooth sailing, until suddenly the Caroline appointee was called as a witness. He was still ticked about what happened on the ship. Bill considered explaining what had happened, but decided it was so convoluted that it would look like he made it up. The CA decried Bill, saying he abandoned his post and, through a strange course of events, which were not spun in a very positive way for Bill, the CA himself had to take on the job. The judge pointed out that there were no records showing him as having done Bill's old job, and the CA blamed that on the fact that ship's crew was so incompetent that they never ended up getting off the ground, saying "[ship's name which I can't remember] is MISERY!" with a deranged look on his face. The judge asked the CA why he hadn't been able to get a job since then (Around this point, Bill Murray started trying to sneak out). The CA responded, a little more restrained but still clearly deranged, "Because they say I'm not a man!" (man as in human, not man as in male) There was an empty beat or two, the judge blinked, then said, in a Ned Flanders voice, "Well, neither am I!" I looked around and it was true: he and everyone else in the room, except Bill Murray, was an anthropomorphic animal. The judge, who was apparently also the commander of the ship, continued, "Well, I think we can overlook that, because I can't wait to be grokkin' with you!" (it wasn't as weird as it sounds; apparently it was supposed to be some technical term. It may have been a different word, I don't remember anymore)

Bill Murray fled. He had been on the balcony level of seats to view the court-martial, and he ran out the balcony door. Through the door, there was a museum, much like one that my have been at the beginning of the dream, before the movie began. He ran out the museum and there was a lamppost in the rain. Somewhere after that, I woke up.

tl;dr version: Bill Murray was a detached head who had a successful career as an astronaut, but whose closet skeletons came back to bite him eventually.

Personally, I think the long version is more interesting, but I recognize that I'm probably biased, so from now on I'll give long and short versions.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 03:06:46 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #573 on: January 11, 2009, 02:00:10 PM »
two flying turds
Hey, I had a dream about that!

No, not really.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #574 on: January 11, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »
If I have a dream about flying turds, I blame you two.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #576 on: January 11, 2009, 06:59:23 PM »
Lol, from what I read them at first, I'll probably have a dream with two flying birds.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #577 on: January 11, 2009, 09:02:24 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #578 on: January 12, 2009, 06:42:48 AM »
two flying turds

...and a partridge in a pear tree.
every

CrossEyed7

« Reply #579 on: January 14, 2009, 09:46:25 AM »
My grandmother had joined Facebook. She married her boyfriend (she was widowed eight years ago), and for some reason we started calling him Bob, which isn't his name. My family and I were all going to go down and see her. My mom and siblings went first, in one car, and my dad and I were going to follow after them a little later in an old Chevy Suburban that we haven't actually had for several years in real life.

I finally got all my things packed up and got into the truck, and we started driving. Eventually we saw some things that looked like a cross between residential trailers and roadside food vendor trucks. People lived in them, but also ran joke-telling businesses out of them, and each of them had a number of plates up on the windows stating what topics they had jokes about. Soon, we got to a curving, down-sloping, very narrow road, with those weird trailers all lined up on the left side, and we had to go very slow and carefully to go down the road without hitting them (I'm pretty sure this part was inspired by the mountain scene in The Long Long Trailer, which I watched a few days ago).

At the end of this road, we thought we saw a car heading straight at us, which would have sucked, but it turned out it was just my mom and siblings standing in front of the car they had driven down here, waving to us. We got out of the truck, and a valet offered to park it for us. We let him, but we didn't give him the key, at which point the truck gradually turned into a shopping cart. The valet accidentally slammed it into a wall, then pulled back out, turned, and went away, presumably to a parking lot. Another shopping cart appeared in front of us, into which I was supposed to put all my stuff. Someone had already put a big bag into it that wasn't mine. I wanted to ask whoever it was to move it down to the bottom platform of the cart, but I didn't.

There was a cat. I was pressing keys on it like a keyboard. If I pressed a key enough times, the letter would randomly change. I was trying to get all the letters of the alphabet in order. Around R, I accidentally trapped the cat's tail under the key, and he scratched at me. As he did, I saw a full moon lighting the night sky of Dickensian London. I counted on my fingers and realized that T was the 20th letter in the alphabet. (Upon waking, I was rather surprised to find that this was correct. This was a new piece of information to me; I knew J was the tenth letter, because of the Battleship grid, but I had to count in the dream to get to T, and somehow I actually had the right number of fingers) At some point after that, I got on the internet. I can't remember if this was before or after we were at my grandmother's house (based on the house she doesn't actually have anymore), because it seems like I started here, but I also seem to remember walking through a giant wooden hangar before it, and that probably would have been at her house. I saw my grandma's Facebook page, which turned into a weird non-Facebook website where relatives had written things about her. (I was walking through the website at this point. It looked a bit like a much lower-key version of Umbridge's office) One of the sections on the big wall was weird sayings she had (none of which are true in real life); the only one I remember was "going to the women's men's" for going to the ladies' room. Apparently she had developed a habit of calling the bathroom "the men's", so it just substituted for the name.

I did some more websurfing. I was looking for something, though I can't remember what it was. Dickensian London was back, but it was actually supposed to be Philadelphia, though it looked only slightly like it. I was one of two or three ten-year-old kids running through an apartment building a bit reminiscent of my dorm building last semester, and outside onto the sidewalk, fighting with swords. We were imitating some movie or something that took place in the same place where some people were fighting with swords. For some reason, we always forgot to actually bring our swords. At first I thought it wouldn't be a problem, since the people in the movie don't bring any swords either, but once they get outside, they have them, but then I realized that was just because of editing.

Back to the internet. I was looking for something related to the number 16. I kept hitting a button that made the screen spin like a slot machine and ended up on a random site. One of them was some kind of roller coaster game, based on Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, Sim Theme Park, and Roller Coaster Factory, mushed into one. I kept clicking on the wrong buttons here, because they were labeled so confusingly. A few more random button presses and I ended up in a game based on The Political Machine. In here, there was a strange Options page. One button within the options was called Side Effects. I think it made a burning sound, and you were supposed to think it was coming from your pants. Another button tried to trick you (still as the politician you were playing as) into joining a white supremacist group, promising that it was honorable and noble, but I knew it was just a trick. I got out of the options menu and started playing around. There was a place where you could set what song would play if you won the general election. I wanted to use the Final Fantasy victory theme, but I needed a louder version than the one the game came with, so I made a note to look for one online later.

I think it ended shortly thereafter.

tl;dr: My grandmother got married. We drove past some trailers. I counted letters on a cat's back. I saw weird things on the internet.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #580 on: January 14, 2009, 06:17:10 PM »
I haven't gotten the chance to post many of my dreams lately, so I haven't been remembering as many. I do remember, however, waterfalls of rain that broke the glass door in the back of my house.

tl;dr: .
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #581 on: January 15, 2009, 05:02:07 PM »
Wow. Better dream up some stronger windows! I had a dream yesterday about a poodle gnawing on the side of my stomach like a big leech. Weird 'cause I had a weird feeling on the side of my stomach when I woke up.....and then it went away. 
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #582 on: January 16, 2009, 12:42:24 PM »
It's a cold day for me today - and I would've had exams. Wonder how they're going to fix this...

I had a dream just before I woke up around 6:10, which I'm pretty much programmed to wake up at on school days. Upon learning it was a cold day, I fell back asleep and had another dream. I can't really tell the distinction between the two, so I'll just describe them as one, and I can't remember that much anyway.

It started with me and a friend, possibly P, somewhere in a technological base. It was made of dark gray metal and had floodlights for lighting. At some corners in this room, there were little capsule thingies marked as "Gardens". Then, something happened, and me and that other person found themselves on a spaceship heading for some other place. It was all sort of like that movie Wall-E.

I think this was the second dream. I was on The Sonic Stadium forums (I'm not registered there, although I might). Some guy had made an advertisement video/banner that displayed some various "fan creation" websittes, one of which was The Hidden Scepter (my website). The tHS logo was in a sort of desert place at twilight. I looked in another section of the forum. There was a sort of "main" ongoing story called "Paper Mario", and another version of it called "Paper Mario - Nintendo". The second one featured all sorts of Nintendo characters, it seemed, while the first was exclusively Mario. Why this was on a forum devoted to Sonic, I have no idea.

Oh, but Sonic didn't actually appear in the dream, or was even mentioned besides the name of the site! It doesn't matter, anyway, since most of the dreams between my last "major" one and now, that I can vaguely remember, haven't featured Sonic. :P
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #583 on: January 16, 2009, 02:08:42 PM »
All I remember about my last dream is that it involved a slice of lemon meringue pie and a slice of something that looked similar.

« Reply #584 on: January 16, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »
My dream today was about Mario and Kirby, and it felt like I was playing a Kirby game, but Mario was in it, and the gameplay was like a 2-D side-scroller...Mario and Kirby were progressing through a cave and entered a pipe, then Mario hit a big ? block like the ones from SMB.3 and left the "item room", entering a brown cave, lit with candle lamps, then Mario and Kirby fought some small, brown battle tanks holding spears. Kirby took damage from a spear, but survived. Mario and Kirby enter a brightly colored boss room, Master Hand and Crazy Hand show up. M+K fight MH+CH but Kirby is smacked around like crazy and pops (like he would in SSBB), leaving Mario to fight the two hands alone. All I see/remember is Mario getting hit and flung everywhere until I woke up. It could mean that one day Nintendo will make a NSMB 2 or a SSB for the DS...or maybe we'll get a new Kirby game for the DS...
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Print