Print

Author Topic: Donkey Kong Cartoon?  (Read 3194 times)

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« on: May 15, 2005, 09:15:06 PM »
No i'm not talking about the bad CGI cartoon run in the late 90's. I saw something about a Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. Cartoon on a website. Did these cartoons exist and if so what were they about and how were they handled?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 09:52:01 PM »
ahh...that old cartoon I used to watch it when I came home from school...anyway donkey kong and diddy kong were on a adventure to defeat king k rool (or however you spell it) from doing evil

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 07:30:53 AM »
I'm not talking about that cartoon. It was a 1983 cartoon based on the arcade game.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 11:19:50 AM »
After a little bit of searching, I found some information about an old 1983 cartoon called "Saturday Supercade" which featured a variety of popular video game characters of the time, including Donkey Kong. That's gotta be it.

I can't believe I have never heard of this before. I mean... a cartoon starring Q*bert? That's awesome. :)

btw... it looks like Mario made an appearance on that show. I guess that would be his television debut. Check it out...

Here is a link to the IMDB site...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085008/

Edited by - Jeff Ehinger on 5/16/2005 10:24:35 AM

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 03:46:27 PM »
Was their also something about Donkey Kong Jr?

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 07:59:26 PM »
Yes. He had his own segment in the show, apparantly. If you do a google search for "Saturday Supercade," you'll find some pretty informative fan sites for the show. (I'm not linking to them because the only ones I found use inappropriate language :/)

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 04:46:58 PM »
Hey, from the 90's I watch the different show was in 3-D animation. Is called Donkey Kong Country.

Shawne Vinson

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 05:19:43 PM »
They covered that, man.
I vaguely remember that show. I seem to remember seeing it on television when I was little, but I couldn't tell you what station. In fact, it's wierd because I was born in 88 and I wouldn't think it would be on TV then.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Print