Print

Author Topic: Should there be a new Mario cartoon?  (Read 32566 times)

Jman

• Score
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2007, 09:27:34 AM »
Oh man, I've seen Wacky Races before.  That would have been awesome!  Speaking of a movie pilot, I'm actually writing one for the cartoon I've been doing.  Ah, the days of movie pilots were great, huh?  Anyone remember the pilots for Ducktales and Talespin?

Anyway, I like a lot of those ideas, TC.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2007, 11:40:33 AM »
When I had Boomerang, I liked watching Wacky Races, so when I saw Waluigi for the first time, he imediately reminded me of Dick Dastardly.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2007, 12:37:20 PM »
Well, if they made a new one, I'd like to see it go quite a bit more in depth than the old cartoons. While the old ones had some clever music that I love, and made a good attempt at not going off the wall, the weird worlds and human characters kinda... just made it weird. I didn't like the bland scenery and how they splashed the environment in... a computer animated cartoon would be pretty awesome... as long as they didn't make it look like Mario Party 4 through 6. I can't stand their solid blank colors of their clothes, etc. I'd LOVE if they made all Mario games look as good Brawl. There, Mario has detail in everything from the stitching on his hat, to the seams and logo on his overalls. I'd be mad if they just threw the little one-seam-down-the-pantleg thing and put a light blue hue for his overalls. If they made it, I'd want landscape, a horizon, clouds, and blocks floating everywhere, and actually have a Mario-esque plot rather than helping random humanoid folks out. Well, also, I'd want to focus on speech and make some down-to-earth dialogue rather than cheesy exclamations that totally relied on alliteration (although some were creative). Oh, and I kind of hate it when characters move their heads up and down when they speak such as old Scooby Doo episodes. I guess they're just trying to let kids know who's talking, but it still bothers me.

They'd have to make up some creative music and finally fix Mario's current color scheme, hopefully voice, and that they made him a food fetished fat dude with an incorrect mustache. Food fetished fat dude.... the alliteration phrases from my SMB:SS DVD's are getting to me!!!!!!!!!!
Formerly quite reasonable.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2007, 01:24:59 PM »
Well... it was 1989. Now it's 2007 and animation has other problems that need attending.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2007, 06:24:37 PM »
Correction for what I think it should look like. If you take a look at the Mario & Sonic trailer, that is EXACTLY how I picture ALL Mario games should look like (except Paper Mario and the like, of course duh), but they all look like they're all living and actually doing something purposeful rather than just.... standing around like morons. I picture M&S as primary examples, but I loved the Power Tennis & Baseball intros because they had life, and I love that!
Formerly quite reasonable.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2007, 06:40:32 PM »
The problem is that all of the official artwork for the game looks dull and lifeless. It also has other problems, which I think are summed up pretty well right here

« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »
Hmm. That was a pretty interesting read, Chef.
lumpia (LOOM'·pee·ah") n.
A Filipino variation of the egg roll. It consists of more meat, less vegetable and is generally better tasting. :p

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »
Yes, I believe there should be a new Mario cartoon. They already made a new Sonic cartoon.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2007, 06:30:53 PM »
They already made a new Sonic cartoon.
Which got massacred by 4Kids.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2007, 07:27:37 PM »
No...Just, no...

Print