Print

Author Topic: Should there be a new Mario cartoon?  (Read 32568 times)

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2005, 03:15:59 PM »
You mean like the way it's done in the UK? Where there's Cartoon Network, CNX, Toonami, and Boomerang? That'd be pretty cool but considering how hard it is to get Boomerang on most Cable providers it would probably be even worse with another extra channel.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2005, 11:15:49 PM »
On Cartton Network in Australia, we just have Boomerang and Cartoon Network, but Nickelodeon has also divided into Nick Jr, and Disney Channel has also divided into Playhouse Disney.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
Does this mean you're from Bangladesh? I still need an answer, not a link.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2005, 07:39:52 PM »
Teen Titans is heavily based on anime, but I agree with your point. However, I think they should split Cartoon Network- one for older kids, one for the younger kids.

They have that Tickle-U thing. *SHUDDERS*
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2005, 10:09:08 AM »
Well, CN needed to rip off Nick even more so what better way to do it than to make their own version of Nick Jr.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2005, 04:56:13 PM »
Tickle-U just hearing that makes me want to throw up on someone's new shoes. Or new hardwood floor!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2005, 09:00:17 PM »
What would be cool would be a Paper Mario cartoon. There would be much more ease to add comedy since PM and PMTTYD are already jam packed with it.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2005, 09:00:14 AM »
That would be pretty cool, and would probably be low-budget, as everything is made out of paper!

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2005, 03:13:09 PM »
There is some news of Them releasing a DVD set of the Super Mario Bros Super show next year although I don't know if the original music will be included
Chris Tanzra

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2005, 08:58:59 AM »
I know only that here we are all unlucky...The DVDs you speak very much about have never been sold here (you can't found them also in E-BAY!!!!!)
Then, on smbncentral forum,  I've read the new about the production of 2 Mario anime (one is of the 1986 and the other one 1989) and it has been publicated only in USA and Japan.....
Now, I ask my self: why do you forget european people (especially italian people)??? Maybe no one know there are many fans of Mario and Nintendo in general here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >________<
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2005, 04:10:32 PM »
Well, let's think for a second. Look at the Pokemon cartoon and the game. The game is a whole lot better than the cartoon, but the cartoon made the whole Pokemon thing unpopular. The same thing would happen to Mario if the cartoon sucked. I mean, you see a commercial for a new Pokemon movie and everyone says "Crap, another one?"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2005, 04:45:11 PM »
the cartoon made the whole Pokemon thing unpopular
It used to be good (for the first 3 or 4 seasons), but now the thing blows!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 02:33:41 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2005, 06:55:03 PM »
Sales charts agree: Pokemon isn't unpopular. It was a fad in the late 90's yes, but it still makes a hefty ammount of money every year.

If anything hurts the video game industry. it's Hollywood making a mockery of every video game license they get their hands on. Super Mario Bros sucked, Mortal Kombat (minus the first one) sucked, Resident Evil sucked, House of the Dead sucked, Final Fantasy sucked, Dead or Alive will suck, and Tomb Raider sucked.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2005, 07:48:47 AM »
Yes, but Mario film was a total failure! I don't like real people acting charaters as Mario and Co.and the story was completly different to the original one (a strange and dark Mushroom Kingdom...NEVER SEEN AND IMAGINED!!!!)
Also the cartoon wasn't very good (maybe because it's old), but I guess it was BETTER then the film! I remember I woke up every morning at 6 o'clock during my sommer holidays to watch the cartoon and then i returne to the bed! :D :D :D
It's better if they do a new anime (or cartoon) film!
It' s impossible, but it would be more beautiful doing a Mario animation film with the collaboration of Disney and Nintendo! I think it would be a SUCCESS!!!!

It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2005, 05:41:03 PM »
Keep hoping Catrina. Disney shut down all animation studios and are now solely trying to make CGI films hoping to cash in on Pixar and Dreamworks success. Poor misguided corporate dudes...

Print