Print

Author Topic: Should there be a new Mario cartoon?  (Read 32567 times)

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2005, 04:47:08 PM »
Ja. That actually looked good.

Please tell me you're joking. Candy Kong and Funky Kong looked completly different from their DKC counterparts and they all had ugly duck bills.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2005, 09:18:21 PM »
It's better if they do a new anime (or cartoon) film!
It' s impossible, but it would be more beautiful doing a Mario animation film with the collaboration of Disney and Nintendo! I think it would be a SUCCESS!!!!

I would've liked a Super Mario Brothers Super Show movie ( with more action and a little less childishness ) more than the live action movie we were given...

Jman

• Score
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2006, 12:42:01 AM »
Or make an animated movie and show it on TV the night before the cartoon's launch.  I plan to do that with my movie if I ever get it off the ground.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2006, 07:57:34 PM »
So far, FOX hasn't said anything about a Super Mario Bros. anime or cartoon (anime would be better, just hope the characters don't speak Japanesse ;- )). It would be nice if there was. If you want to watch an episode of the 'old' Mario cartoon, go to http://dvd.search.ebay.com/mario_DVD_W0QQsacatZ617. They have TONS of Mario cartoons.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 04:46:12 PM by cantthinkofaname »
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2006, 01:11:13 PM »
I guess you're all right how 4Kids Entertainment ruins the anime of video game characters.  I mean, Pikachu's okay since he wasn't changed much, but everyone else in the Pokemon show are bad characters, from the annoying "Oym Ash, Oym going to be a Pokemon Master!" to Team Rocket's god-awfully annoying motto: "Prepare for trouble/make it double," and so did and so did.  I haven't seen much at all of "Kirby Right Back at ya!", but i guess it would be a bad idea to sell the Mario rights to 4Kids, not just because they won't allow Charles Martinet to do the voice, but also they might make worse (and very much like Team Rocket) Bowser's psychological issues about getting Peach, who he can never get.  But he's such a bumbling idiot (and not so evil anymore!) that he refuses to understand.  Kids who watch TV are not going to want a stupid psychological drama anymore than video game buyers do.  That's basically what the Super Mario Bros. series is today when it comes to Bowser.  Sure, Bowser is supposed to be the villain, but he's not much of a villain anymore, he's more of a romantic loser.  Also, when he framed Mario for trashing Delfino Island, he was only hurting himself and Bowser Jr., not Mario or Peach.  Bowser Jr. should be ashamed to have such an idiot for a father!  If they do a Mario cartoon or even another game, they should find out what happened to Bowser's real wife (and Bowser Jr.'s real mother).  I really want this stupid psychological travesty to end.  Alas, we can't stop the makers of the video game, since they're all full-of-baloney.  But video games are supposed to be fun games, and sometimes battles between good-and-evil.  But that's what the Mario games should be, but isn't anymore.  And it's not fun anymore.  But, to quote  Mario, "I'm-a giver up-a."
"Eet's-a Mad-io not-a Ma-dio"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2006, 02:33:05 PM »
That's another point--if they made a new cartoon, every episode would have Bowser & Bowser Jr. I hate Bowser Jr. His voice gets on my nerves. Of course, they probably wouldn't use his regular one, but that would probably make it more annoying. Anyway, why does it have to be anime? Mario doesn't have a pointy nose, and if he has huge eyes it would give me nightmares. I think if they were going to make a Mario carton, the best way to go is 3D animation. The games are already 3D, so they can in theory duplicate the models of Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Bowser, and some other stuff like Bob-Ombs, Mushrooms, and other stuff from SSBM. But... an SMS 'toon would suck.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2006, 06:19:15 PM »
So far, FOX hasn't said anything about a Super Mario Bros. anime or cartoon (anime would be better, just hope the characters don't speak Japanesse ;- )). It would be nice if there was. If you want to watch an episode of the 'old' Mario cartoon, go to http://dvd.search.ebay.com/mario_DVD_W0QQsacatZ617. They have TONS of Mario cartoons.

NO ANIME!!!!!!!!!!! Anime is too quirky. And I hate anime.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2006, 01:24:20 AM »
And how exactly is it 4kids fault that Ash and co haven't changed much since the begininng? They don't create the show, they only localize it. Besides, most of the edits they make to Pokemon are very small and unoticable. But if it makes you feel any better, Pokemon isn't being dubbed by 4kids next year further digging their grave and making anime fans everywhere wetting their pants.

Besides, If you don't find Mario games fun anymore due to Bowsers attraction to Peach, well I really can't help you there.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2006, 01:28:19 AM »
I can imagine Bowser and Bowser Jr. being like Team Rocket... that's why I hate the TV show so much. I watch it occasionally, but then realise how stupid Team Rocket is. >:(
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2006, 01:29:19 AM »
When was the last time Bowser kidnapped Peach other than SMS or a remake anyway? Paper Mario?
It's YOUR problem!

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2006, 02:18:10 AM »
In Paper Mario 2 Bowser and Kammy were like Team Rocket....

It's strange and stupid that the Team Rocket of the Pokemon cartoon always meet Ash and Co.
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2006, 02:21:31 AM »
Team Rocket would be funny if they appeared less often and got some powerful Pokemon.

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2006, 10:11:25 AM »
I can imagine Bowser and Bowser Jr. being like Team Rocket... that's why I hate the TV show so much. I watch it occasionally, but then realise how stupid Team Rocket is. >:(

No Bowser Jr. !!!!!!!!! Noone likes him anyway, so the ratings will plummit.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2006, 02:46:20 PM »
I just wouldn't be able to stand his freaking voice. PMTTYD would be the best game to turn into a show, if they were going to base it on a game. Oh... but you can guarantee one of the partners' voices would get annoying, candidates being Flurrie or Ms. Mowz... You'd get to hear Mario's voice when Doopliss takes over your body, too, with the little bit of distortion. Agh, thinking of it's weird though. It seems as if they might actually make one sometime soon, just because of this topic.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2006, 10:59:28 PM »
I'd like a cartoon series based on Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.

Print