Print

Author Topic: Most frustrating Mario moment.  (Read 8139 times)

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2005, 09:39:20 AM »
The little bullies were a little annoying, because there's more than one of them at first.  The big ones are easy.  You just jump at them; you don't have to ground pound them or punch them or anything, just jump at them.  That said, I never noticed until very recently that the second star in Lethal Lava Land is called "Bully the Bullies", not "Boil the Bullies".

I oughtta get all those medals...

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2005, 09:45:16 AM »
In PMTTYD I hate that first Crazee Dayzee you meet at Twilight Trail. Whenever you try to change to Paper Mode to go in or out, it'll always catch up with you and force you into battle.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2005, 12:29:31 PM »
My most frusterating Mario moment just happened an hour ago.  I was playing SMB3 on my Game Boy player, hoping that I could get to world eight with two warp whistles.  I did, and when I got to world eight I used the first warp whistle, and ended up at the warp zone.  I used the second, hoping to get to the special world nine--but nothing happened.  I was still in the warp zone, and there was no pipe labelled "9".  That's when i noticed that the up at the top(or maybe it was the bottom) of the screen, it said, "World 9: Warp Zone".  I was expecting a whole other world!  It was just the place where you warp!  AAARRGH!!

I can't believe I forgot that clarification...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2005, 04:41:39 PM »
Can someone tell me about this Boo bug thing in SM64DS?

" I would suggest that it''s not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art." ~Bill Watterson,a true role model.

Sqrt2

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2005, 12:22:48 PM »
My most frustrating Mario moment has to be MKDD in 150cc mode due to the ridiculously enormous amount of blue shells being hurled my way.

Through vigilence and strength we create peace.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2005, 07:50:13 PM »
I had some trouble with MKDD in Mirror Mode, mostly cause when I beat 150cc, I knew the turns.  I couldn't count the times I would turn right off the edge.

Fungi Forums-Because it''s the stupid, pointless thing to do!
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 04:09:27 PM »
> Trying to play SM64DS.

Deezer :(  You aren't getting too old, are you?  Did you ever get the hang of it?

It's definitely a challenge, which is why I'm proud to have done it.  I know you can  do it too, and it feels so good when you one day realize you've learned something new...

The first 20 years of a person's life go by so slowly, but the later years seem to slip through one's hands:  It's because people stop doing new things.

Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 05:27:49 PM »
I side with Deezer. The "revolutionary touch-screen control" was so crappy that I had to use the D-pad the whole game. Here's what I said when I first got the game.

"the touch screen support absolutely sucked. SUCKED. i'd rather move mario with the d-pad! nintendo really screwed up on this one, that's for sure. to run mario, you touch the screen and a bullseye-like thing appears, with your stylus/finger at the center. most of everything around it is a deadspot(mario barely moves), then there's a thin strip on the outside where you put the pen to make mario run. kinda like the N64 stick, you place the pen in correlation to where it would be on SM64. now, this is fine and dandy if you can see where you're pointing, but chances are you're looking at the game screen instead(watch the touch screen, fall off a cliff. get it?)! now, this might not be so bad if the virtual "stick" held in one spot and you could just get your hand in a comfortable spot and get used to it that way. but no, it gets worse. eveyrtime you move the pen outside of that thin band used to make mario run, the "stick" moves that much. which means even if you have your hand in a comfortable spot, you'll have to move it once you notice that the center has also moved. there's no way to tell how much it moved without looking at it, and looking at it means once again taking your eyes off the bob-omb about to blow up in your face and using them to chase that stupid stick around the screen.

it just plain SUCKS."
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

Print