Poll

What is your favorite Super Mario Brothers game for NES?

Super Mario Bros.
5 (13.9%)
Super Mario Bros. 2
4 (11.1%)
Super Mario Bros. 3
26 (72.2%)
Super Mario Bros. 2 japan
1 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Print

Author Topic: Favorite SMB game  (Read 8293 times)

Yoshi55

• Banned
« on: November 27, 2005, 03:42:05 AM »
Vote on which NES SMB game is your favorite game. SMAS is disrespectful to the originals.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 06:07:54 AM »
Well, I can't vote. I don't have a NES:(, never played one:(, and have only played these games on SMAS for the SNES. I also played SMB2 for the GBA.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 09:34:48 AM »
I have an nes ans SMB1 and 3 and I have to say,SMB3 is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 11:32:28 AM »
I vote the original SMB. SMB2 was originally completely different game, and it's just not fully Mario brand in my opinion, and I just a grudge against SMB3 for a reason I'm unsure of...so SMB for me.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 11:35:49 AM »
Vote on which NES SMB game is your favorite game. SMAS is disrespectful to the originals.
Shut up. That's my favorite SNES game. Some people like me don't have NES's and appreciate that SMAS allows me to play those games.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 11:57:17 AM »
I don't think it's disrespectful at all that they transferred all the games into one for the SNEs.  Yes, they DID change things, but it's more than nothing.  I have SMBDX for the GBC, and SMB2 and 3 for the GBA, so I know them all pretty well.  I voted for SMB2, because I like the underground music, the clouds, shy guys, and the whole idea that they're in a dream world was very... DREAMY... ah, dream, relax, sleeping.... plus it had Luigi, Toad and Peach.  It wasn't until SMW that they had Yoshi, but at least they had the others for this one.  Of course, it's my favorite when I have all of them.  If I had to choose one, and would NEVER be able to play the other ones, I might choose SMB3, because it's basically SMB1 to the MAX!, and it has the more... classic enemies than SMB2.  If all this time you meant SMB:LL this whole time, then I'd pick SMB3 because SMB:LL is more like a continuation of SMB1 than a sequel.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 12:00:55 PM »
The Allstar games made the NES ones better. Music, graphics, I don't get what there's to hate.

Anywho SMB2 cus I didn't really like the SMB3 Nes version and SMB was too simple.
Senior Mariology professor

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 05:34:02 PM »
In SMAS-SMB, when you hit a brick block, it feels different. I have the originals and I'd rather play them (which both my SMB3 carts work horrific) than SMAS. All SMAS does is ruins the originals with dust. If you have an NES and an SNES and SMB1,2,and 3 as well as SMAS, play the NES originals, not SMAS.
He's back. All you had to do is ask. Super Mario Bros. 3 from Nintendo. Now you're playing with POWER! (SMB3 NES commercial)

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 05:43:01 PM »
I have the NES ones, SMAS, SMBDX, and the GBA version of SMB3. I like to play the different versions at different times.

Anyway, I vote SMB3. I like the other ones too, but I'm pretty sure SMB3 and SMW are my favorite Mario games in existence.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 05:53:06 PM »
In SMAS-SMB, when you hit a brick block, it feels different. I have the originals and I'd rather play them (which both my SMB3 carts work horrific) than SMAS. All SMAS does is ruins the originals with dust. If you have an NES and an SNES and SMB1,2,and 3 as well as SMAS, play the NES originals, not SMAS.
Then, why did you even include SMAS?
I'm a horrible person.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 06:05:20 PM »
Does "Super Mario Bros. 2" refer to the US or Japanese game? 

http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/smb2.shtml

http://www.themushroomkingdom.net/smb2j.shtml

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 06:12:25 PM »
I'm refering to the US version. I will edit the poll so it includes SMB2j.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2005, 06:15:57 PM »
SMB2J wasn't an NES game, so technically the original poll was correct.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2005, 08:35:16 PM »
Did you even have to say anything about SMAS in the first post?

I mean, since the poll's about the NES games, which SMAS is not, "Vote on which NES SMB game is your favorite game." seems like a good first post for this topic. I do not have a NES, but I have experienced all the games on the poll by playing my SNES. But that's not good enough for you so I will not vote. But my favorite selectable game in SMAS is Super Mario Bros. 2. But never mind, I'll vote once I've downloaded them onto my Revolution and have decided based on the glitches that were most fun to perform. I don't want to start a flame war, but all you talk about is how disrespectful SMAS is to the original games.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Yoshi55

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2005, 10:42:55 PM »
The Famicom is the same thing as the NES. Stuff that works on the Famicom can be gotten to work on an NES.

Print