Print

Author Topic: Subliminal Messages?  (Read 44620 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: December 25, 2005, 10:41:07 AM »
I've noticed quite a few wierd occurances in some of the Mario games, subliminal messages, it would seem. Many seem like harmless coincidences, while others are almost certainly deliberate. Let's see...

Wario Ware: Touched! - Go into the "Ashley's Theme Song" track in the music box thingy. Play it at twice the speed. Notice anything? It seems as if, halfway through, she says either "I grab the kids to kill" or "I grant the kids to Hell". I first noticed this eerie phenomenon at my friend Andy's house.

Luigi's Mansion - I haven't noticed this, but some people say that if you take the Luigi's Mansion theme song and play it backwards at a certain speed, you'll hear "gravy gravy gravy" or something similar. Even wierder (if it's true).

Super Mario 64 - If you swim near the statue in Boo's Haunt, you can see a blurry texture that appears to say "L is real 2041" or a few other things.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - If you rotate Daisy's head just the right way, you'll notice...she has a third eye!
every

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 01:16:33 PM »

Super Mario 64 - If you swim near the statue in Boo's Haunt, you can see a blurry texture that appears to say "L is real 2041" or a few other things.

Super Smash Bros. Melee - If you rotate Daisy's head just the right way, you'll notice...she has a third eye!

We know about those.

The most noticable would have to be in Wario World when you press pause and Wario says "nah nah nah nah nah!"

And all those sexual refrences about the Goomba chick in PM2.
Senior Mariology professor

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 01:24:31 PM »
Those really aren't subliminal messages... but whatever.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 03:27:38 PM »
Well, the WW:T one is, sort of. Really Nintendo...why? Thou hast created a new generation of mindless killing machines!
every

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 09:40:16 PM »
You JUST noticed these? I mean, like recently and such?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2005, 10:10:44 PM »
How do you figure that when you distort sound and make it sound like something else, that makes it a subliminal message?
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 11:26:25 PM »
Submcdonaldsliminal messages? Those don'cocacolat exist!

(gag stolen from Lizard Dude)

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 01:06:34 AM »
XD

Part of me thinks that Nintendo may put subarbysliminal messquiznossubsages in some games, but the other half wonders if people aren't just getting a little paranoid.  No offense because I think this too sometimes.  I look at things differently and think about them too much and soon everything appears like garbage.  There's one downside to thinking too much for me.

I downloaded the song Pipe Pop from DDR:MM and thought that the scambled voice talked about killing their dad or something.  But you'd think they wouldn't make it that easy to understand.  On a better note, I also noticed that in Here We Go, the letters M-A-R-I-O are spelled (before I thought it was E-I-E-I-O or A-E-I-O-U).
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2005, 09:29:44 AM »
When in Here We Go? I'll have to check. ;)
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2005, 04:08:05 PM »
Okay, we all know that these happen to be true (Mabey not the gravy one.) But I don't think this is supposed to be evil. Some of them are honest mistakes, or weird glitches. Some jerk might have even put these in as a joke. Who knows, really.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 01:00:43 PM »
The voices in the start of Allstars is also qeustionable.

Does this count as a subliminal message?

Mario drops the F bomb
Senior Mariology professor

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 01:49:07 PM »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2005, 08:21:36 PM »
This is very weird indeed.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 08:25:27 PM »
What's so weird about it?