Print

Author Topic: Subliminal Messages?  (Read 44619 times)

« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2006, 06:31:06 PM »
Just the other day, a little man in an irish outfit leaped out of my T.V set and told me to buy his lucky charms. Then he trashed my room and asked me if a had any kit-kat bars. I can't tell if he wants me to buy lucky charms or kit-kat bars. Can someone help me out?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2006, 06:34:23 PM »
Buy lucky charms, then buy heaps of Kit Kats and Freddo Frogs, and give the little Irish man the Kit Kats and me the Freddo frogs.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2006, 02:28:10 AM »
I swear, I never notice any of these subliminal messages and hidden whatnots.The only time I noticed something almost like it was during Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I & II. Right before battling the last boss of Ep. II Olga Flow, he says something that almost sounds like "You killed my Goddess". I didn't even hear that until after reading about it on a message board. I was probably influenced by that though.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2006, 10:23:30 AM »
It's fun finding out rumors. Even if they're false.

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2006, 05:36:02 AM »
Dude, don't even say Luigi's Mansion. As much as I love the game, I don't need to hear about subliminal messages in it.

(Also how many posts do I need to start my own topics?)

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2006, 04:49:14 PM »
I've never heard of most of them. However, that 'L is real 2041' acutally reads 'The Eternal Star'. Also, why would Nintendo want to 'grant the kids to hell' or 'kill the kids'? That's something Disney would do.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2006, 05:46:31 PM »
It is blurry, some people think it says either message. I personally think it says "L is real 2401." I think that, in the development stages when Luigi was intended to be in the game, but before all of his data was removed, this was a hint on how you would have unlocked him.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2006, 07:21:13 PM »
OMG! The WW:T thing works. What creeps me out is, is this just coincedense? It would be amazing if the game programmers knew exactly where to place the words in the song and knew that if the song played at that speed it would say that disturbing phrase. Also, that 'third eye' that Daisy has, that's just a programming glitch.
Update: The last word of the phrase is 'help', not Hell (I grant the kids to help). Makes that much of a difference.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2006, 08:34:12 PM »
Thinking people put backwards words in songs is stupid.
The plaque under the star doesn't say anything. If it said anything, it would be in Japanese. They don't bother to localize textures, especially ones that are too blurry to be read in any language.
That was a joke.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2006, 02:47:49 AM »
You know, that's true! I never thought of that before. But they didn't make much of an effort to remove it. If you move behind it, you can see text relatively the same as that in the 64 version. This could mean it's intentional, or the programmers want it to drive us insane.

Also, while on the topic of L not being real, did you see that black box on the castle wall on the file select screen that you don't see in-game?
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2006, 02:50:21 AM »
The programmers are probably watching this topic, and dying of laughter. I want in on the joke, guys! >:(
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2006, 02:59:53 AM »
I always thought they played subliminal music at the market, to make you hungry, and buy more food.  I don't know why I always thought this.....
My manager (when I worked at a supermarket) told me that they play songs by Kenny G and Yanni or whatever because supposedly they make you think of your family, therefore causing you to buy more food in order to feed more people.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2006, 03:41:52 AM »
OOOH! They play Christmas music in stores to make you think about buying presents during the holiday season! That's the most obscure message in songs ever!
It's YOUR problem!

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2006, 08:59:49 PM »
Haha, what a terrible, awful method to reel people into the endless void of shopping.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2006, 10:09:15 PM »
ThIs whole hidden Message thinG is just plain stupid tO the maxImum.  What kind of Nasty people are you, Guys?  You should all Trust nintendO to Keep everythIng e-rated for absoLuteLY everyOne or else lose people's trUst in them.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 10:12:27 PM by Yoshisaurus Rex »
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Print